Getting to the Diamond Near The Old Fort

Started by Ricamundo, June 01, 2009, 07:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

I've looked hi and low here, because i thought this was mentioned a while back, but i've never been able to leap across the gap between the overhanging rocks on the path next to the Old Fort. I just fall off and die. Is there some way over there? :-\
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

DKM2

There is a guide on here for troublesome diamonds, but I can't find it any longer either.
Anyways, it's a tough one, you just have to run and jump as late as you can.
I do wonder if maybe getting this one is harder if your sickness level is poor and it affects
your stamina, so leave it and try again later. Just speculation on my part though.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

here's D_B's post with the vid you were looking for :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Thx Art. that's exactly the one. Damn, he just leaps over NP not even taking a full run at it. Does the weapon you're holding affect your ability to jump?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on June 01, 2009, 10:52:39 AM
no. Well, perhaps it affects you  ;D

Nah, only how much refreshment i've had so far. ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Don't get too far back and run, I think you lose speed after running a bit, and you have to aim just right, and remember, that's edited video, I probably tried 4 or 5 times before I got it right. Jumping from exactly the right spot and landing in exactly the right spot doesn't hurt either.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

Ricamundo, if I may suggest,try to start the fast run at about halfway up but walk up to the edge and get a landmark on this side and the other. It may take 2-3 tries but it does w@&k and you have to time the jump to just about the last step  When you do make it across keep going straight till you get to the grassy area and then walk slowly watching the ground.  There's a bad cleft you can fall into and you have to jump down to the ground and retry.
I usually save at the S/h just down the road so I don't have far to go.  Of course it'll help if they don't shoot at you. Maybe your health does have something to do with the jumping as was mentioned
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

thats how i usually manage to get across, for me the most frustrating jump to a diamond is in Leboa, Southwest, the Bus wreck where Predecessor envelope appears, all that effort for 1 diamond !!! there is a few more like that and its always for just 1 little rock :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Today I did the jump (and got the diamond) for the first time, in one single go. I went up to the ledge of that rock, "aimed" as shown in D_B's vid, walked like 2 steps back and hit walk&run at the same time. Landed on the other side running, then walked straight ahead, and the rest again as shown in the vid. I was hoping to find a different approach (climb, use a car, climb the car...) but apparently all you can do is jump.

Ricamundo

Thx for the replies. I'll probably give it a go today. 8)

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 02, 2009, 02:34:16 AMGood luck and Happy Hunting :-X

<in a search engine style>

Did you mean  "Good luck and Happy Jumping"?

;D

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Dweller_Benthos

You know, I never really tried to find another way to do this one, there just might be, aside from cheating.
D_B

DKM2

Drive the ATV up there and try to jump it with that.

JRD

Quote from: DKM2 on June 02, 2009, 12:41:04 PM
Drive the ATV up there and try to jump it with that.

... and you get a stunt jump accomplished  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

retiredgord

The ATV is a good idea.  I tried using the A/T a few times but only managed to land upside down on my head.  It's a good thing those things have the roll bars.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

[smg id=683]

that pic is actually showing a situation (trying different approaches to the diamond) where I tried to use a big truck as a bridge or "ladder". Even tried to explode it so it could land as a bridge on those rocks (once the truck flew over the wall and landed inside the fort)  :)

KingRat

Art Blade

RedRaven

did the little blue buggy make the jump ?
i never tire of doing that area in full Ninja mode, when your given task of cutting that guys ring (off so his greedy ungrateful excuse for a son can blow it all in europe on MacD's, Starbucks and Hookers) for the gold mission.
i stay in the stairs area and start sniping all the mercs out side thru all the windows, even thru the little arch-shaped gaps either side of the stairs. they just run around outside trying to find you and shoot back, cant recall any at moment but its a good place for merc comments (well insults at least)

Ricamundo

Woot! I tried that jump again, using the vid as a guide, and made it the first time. 8) Thx for the help! that's the first time in 5 playthrus that ive managed to reach that side of the canyon, and man what a long way to jump down, ouch! The 3'er was worth it tho. :-X I'll have to try it with the ATV somethime;that sounds like a hoot.

Art Blade

well done!  :-X satisfying, isn't it, after all the time  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

I will definitely try with an ATV and buggy, that just might w@&k, lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳