Details Gallery

Started by JRD, May 13, 2009, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I knew Art would have information on these  :-X

... sometimes I think he must have been one of the developers of this game  ;D

fragger

Haha ;D ;D

Art's like a one-man Wikipedia on all things FC2 :)

Art Blade

you guys make me laugh in delight  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

First of all, deadman's pic is missing here in this topic, so I post it again. He found that in June this year. Today, I finally (by accident) found it too :) It's near the Marina in Bowa, about opposite of the graveyard by the road where that blue AT is stationed.

[smg id=765 align=center width=400]

Now my own pics:

Blow torch and cordless screwdriver (some Underground location)
[smg id=1796 align=center width=400]

newspaper cups (MS Pipeline)
[smg id=1797 align=center width=400]

strange TNT (we all blow up MS Pipeline with it...)
[smg id=1798 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on October 04, 2009, 07:14:48 PM
Ahhh, I just love ribs cooked on a car trunk barbecue! Who's up for some?

[smg id=1512 align=center width=400]

I can offer "African stew"  ;D

[smg id=1799 align=center width=400]

fragger

Yum! I can almost smell it! ;D

mandru

Isn't that the sacrifice pit East of the bus stop in S.E. Bowa?

After walking through that to get the diamond case I always jump down off that rock ledge into the water and wade across if only to psychologically rinse my feet off before getting back into my AT.

Hey have you ever noticed that if you use a flame thrower on a pile of potatoes they look like they've cooked up quite nicely. Yum.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mandru, you are right about the location, there is a briefcase in there, and a dead merc, too. But I didn't want to spoil the image :)

Did you guys realise I posted twice, like did you see the wireless screwdrivers? I found those quite interesting, next to the blow torches.

I once watched a merc use one of those on a plane, see this old pic:

[smg id=174 align=center width=400]

mmosu

Is there really any limit to the details that can be found here if you look hard enough?!  I mean seriously . . .

deadman1

I´m sure there is but it would probably require a couple of lifetimes to see and record them all  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

If i could get all the graphics & sounds extractred from the game, I'd have them all in a few hours.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

D_B, PZ knows how to extract sound, he even uploaded two examples: Check here

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, I think I used that program once, but it didn't find anything. Might be an update, I'm sure PZ will have it all figured out in no time.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I just love the details you guys find  :-X - great seeing different parts of the game for the first time.

Art Blade

Finally managed to capture a merc launching a flare. Note how he protects his face with the spare hand :)

[smg id=1810 align=center width=400]

mmosu

Good catch!  That typically happens so quickly, it's up in the air before you even know there is a flair gun in play!

Art Blade

Usually you get a warning, though. Many times I heard someone go "quick, launch a flare, I cover you!" But you really have to be quick to spot the guy, let alone take a screenshot  ;D

mandru

Nice capture Art.  :-X

For a long time I've thought that each CP and mission destination has one merc assigned to carry a flare gun.

**( A quick aside - While writing the sentence above I accidentally typed "flair gun" and I've spent the last 5 minutes chuckling over there being an overly stylish merc in the game walking around among the other mercs targeting them with this specialized weapon and squealing "Bang! You're Gorgeous!" )**

As Art noted:

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 07:00:17 AM
Usually you get a warning, though. Many times I heard someone go "quick, launch a flare, I cover you!" But you really have to be quick to spot the guy, let alone take a screenshot  ;D

I've noticed that while there is a lot of area in which a merc can roam around there is typically a post that they are manning and that is the center of where we can expect to find them.

If someone figured out which merc at each location carries the flare gun as his secondary they could put a priority on him and take him out before the camp is even aware that there is something going on.

Think about it. A sniper or RPG wielder is always within a few steps of his over look.

I know that there's an RPG at Sepoko that, if I am patient, will place himself just inside the center of the front entrance. He usually has the RPG slung over his shoulder while he's at ease, so he's easy to identify but once things kick over to alert status he equips it and along with the North tower sniper (whom I usually already introduced myself to) becomes the second most dangerous merc in the camp.

At one point before I had found OWG I had planned to figure out the flare gun wielders but then I developed a perverse amusement for allowing back up to be called in and thwarting their efforts by blowing up the cavalry with a GL round before they ever get a shot off, so I never did get around to it.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

** Ooooh, your smooth glossy flair gun is très chic ;D :-X **

For some time I thought every merc had a flare gun, because so many times I found dead mercs with a superimposed flare gun in their holster (as well as a regular pistol), see start of this topic.

I can only think of very, very few occasions a launched flare actually caused reinforcements to show up. Mainly because I play in daylight, mostly, but even nightly flares were rendered useless most of the times.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 09:24:42 AM
** Ooooh, your smooth glossy flair gun is très chic ;D :-X **

Shoot me! Shoot me! I could do with some more flair! ;D

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 09:24:42 AM
I can only think of very, very few occasions a launched flare actually caused reinforcements to show up. Mainly because I play in daylight, mostly, but even nightly flares were rendered useless most of the times.

I read somewhere once (can't remember where) about how you can fire a flare in the air near a GP to actually call reinforcements from the other faction, thereby starting a merc war. Doesn't sound right to me. As Art said above, it rarely seems to do anything. Has anyone tried this?

Art Blade

Heh, I tried it so often I thought my game was broken because never ever happened anything like that. When I fire a flare, all I get is motes in my vision  ;D

Art Blade

I just started a new career in FC2, actually my 7th or 8th (only found that out when checking old savegames; I thought I was going to go on my 6th) and I decided to enjoy the entire intro (cab drive). Then I heard it again, something that I noticed earlier but never managed to comment on: When the cab is being stopped at the bridge before entering pala, a couple of African mercs walk up and start chatting with the cab driver in their respective native tongues (before an English speaking merc takes over). And that literally -- one guy speaks the Click-Language, that contains sounds you do with your tongue, when clicking it.

Obviously this isn't a thing to be captured in a screenshot, but so you know what I am referring to, here is an example you old farts may know (the younger ones, get to know it now :) )

Miriam Makeba, Pata Pata

Although not the best version, but the one that contains a version from a CD I posess myself, has been muted (WMG and its copyright issues with youtube). This version is not so good regarding sound quality, but you clearly hear the clicking sounds right from the start :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8P2iYA9g0

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 09:16:30 PM
I just started a new career in FC2, actually my 7th or 8th (only found that out when checking old savegames; I thought I was going to go on my 6th) and I decided to enjoy the entire intro (cab drive). Then I heard it again, something that I noticed earlier but never managed to comment on: When the cab is being stopped at the bridge before entering pala, a couple of African mercs walk up and start chatting with the cab driver in their respective native tongues (before an English speaking merc takes over). And that literally -- one guy speaks the Click-Language, that contains sounds you do with your tongue, when clicking it.

Obviously this isn't a thing to be captured in a screenshot, but so you know what I am referring to, here is an example you old farts may know (the younger ones, get to know it now :) )

Miriam Makeba, Pata Pata

Although not the best version, but the one that contains a version from a CD I posess myself, has been muted (WMG and its copyright issues with youtube). This version is not so good regarding sound quality, but you clearly hear the clicking sounds right from the start :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8P2iYA9g0

I know exactly what you mean Art, I was so surprised when I heard that for the first time that I said out loud " WTF he speaks bushman!!" (in swedish ofcourse) to myself. Luckily I was alone at the time  :-[

Art Blade

Re: Flare gun, merc who carries it

I just finished a cell tower mission in Leboa, where that VIP cruises in circles around the airfield (I love that mission). Apart from the fact that I took out all mercs plus that VIP with a single magazine of my Dragunov (proud marksman), I checked the bodies (I don't know, it's a habit. Maybe I want to make sure) and surprise, every single one of those six body guarding mercs (no pun intended) had both a flare pistol and a regular one in their holster, superimposed.

Going to check, on occasion, if indeed all of the dead mercs carry both guns. :)

PZ

Indeed - difficult to catch.  I've managed to see it once or twice, but it is over well before I've a chance to react.  In fact, it happens so fast that I'd not seen how they protect their faces - good find!

Tags:
🡱 🡳