Mounted Grenade Launchers

Started by JRD, April 18, 2009, 08:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 18, 2009, 04:46:21 PM
Man, you gotta go to that one spaceboy... there is a nifty mounted 'nade launcher pointing right at the pipeline area - you can clean house with that thing.  It's great to watch them come up to the edge of the gorge and try to get at you while you lob the high explosives at them.  Pathetic thing is that I was on my 8th or 9th play through when I first did it thanks to recommendations from DKM2!

I didn't know about that grenade launcher either  :P
Specially because they never use it against me when I raid the pipeline!
In fact, I didn't know they have stationary grenade launcher at all. I thought only jeeps and boats had it (apart from the barge).
Are there more spread in Bowa?
Ever thought about an icon on the map? Like a star you use to special enemy maybe... if you think it deserves it  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 18, 2009, 08:04:03 PM
Ever thought about an icon on the map? Like a star you use to special enemy maybe... if you think it deserves it  ::)

That's D_B's call, but in the past he has been reluctant to add too many icons to the static maps.  Note that the other icons that I've added are graphic layer overlays that have not modified anything on D_B's originals.  The reason is that if D_B changes the maps, I can simply upload them (they are backgrounds on the map pages) and I don't need to change anything that I have added on in the form of layers - makes updates simple.

JRD

I understand... well, not a problem as it seems to placed there for us to find and play and not for them to use against us. So it is not really a threat like the mortar / RPG guys...
Just leave it like that then ;)
But, again, are there other mounted GL in Bowa? I really can't remember any other!!!

Art Blade

sounds like a lifetime mission to find the other(s)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

You are right, they all look the same at a glance.
I can only tell its a GL if I get real close to the gun, There is this different aiming piece in GL the others lack!!

retiredgord

If you are close enough to see the truck then the GL seems to be shorter and thicker than either of the MG mounts. Maybe I'm in error here but observations from others may confirm or bust this...either way the GL's are great. I prefer getting the .50 cal mount as when using short bursts it can be devasting also.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

I agree with retiredgord. Although the GL are very funny, the self damage they inflict on short range is deadly (as I found out the dumb way :P).
The .50 is as much effective if you aim right and no self damage at short range.
The GL are awesome to clear a guard post or any area in the map, but sometimes the funny lays on facing the enemy.

Art Blade

When a merc truck bumps into my gren truck, I aim behind the mercs and ka-blowie goes their truck... sometimes it's not my grenade that causes problems but the exploding merc truck... chain reaction it is called, i believe ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I do the same.. if have a GL I wanna blow stuff up, even if it puts me with one foot into the grave ;D
I can always shoot one syrette and fix my gren truck anyway!!!

PZ

Those GL trucks seem touchy at times - almost like they carry a load of nitroglycerine!  It is nice to know where these thing are and I could swear that I've seen more, but I just can't recall at the moment.  One thing I could do is add one of the layer icons to the mounted GL positions maybe with a screen cap attached - might be cool to see the area before you visit.

Art Blade

I share that feeling, I think there are more gren trucks, but I have no proof. Maybe they went astray (giving chase perhaps) and in fact are those very trucks we already know.

Art Blade

just popped in to report another mounted grenade launcher, it's in Weelegol Village.

JRD

Nice one Art... hate that place and to be aware of that GL can be excellent if I can get there unnoticed and use it agains them  :-*

Art Blade

here you go, JRD :)

[smg id=155]

notice the sniper in the back, he has a RPG

JRD

I am aware about that RPG sniper and I actually exchanged some gifts with him from that same position... I didn't know about the GL (and never realized what was under my nose).  :P
But thanks... next time it will be more fun  ;)

PZ

I must have passed that platform a hundred times and never knew... just goes to show you, there's always something new on the horizon.  The next time I'm there, Ill take the time to thoroughly blast that little valley - you can see for a mile...

Art Blade

Ok. I'll try to dismount it before you get there, hide, and watch the expressions on your face...  ;D

PZ

hehe, I guess that we're lucky that we're not playing coop!  ;)

Art Blade

I think the mercs would hide and watch us blow ourselves up in turns  ;D

JRD

They'd understand why I have that sig
(By the way, thanks Art...  :-X)

Art Blade

you are very welcome my friend :)

Art Blade

JRD, found another one, Airfield

[smg id=172]

JRD

Now there are three...
1 - The sniper tower west of M-S Pipeline
2 - Inside Wheelegol, in a plattform
3 - Southern airstrip by the sniper tower.
Will keep those in mind to use against them....
Strange they don't blat us with that!!!

Art Blade

indeed... because either we're too fast for them to do so, or they have more important things to do. Example: Airfield. Here, Take a look...

[smg id=174]

JRD

Huahuahuahuhahahuhçfhs
What is he doing?? Shooting at his own shadow???
Jumpy merc heh??
This one deserves a caption contest 4... or an Artificial Dumness post
huahuahuahauhuhasçghashçanavaw

Tags:
🡱 🡳