Mounted Grenade Launchers

Started by JRD, April 18, 2009, 08:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hahaha, I'm afraid he's trying to repair the plane using a blow torch. It's not a weapon :)

[smg id=175]

slightly enhanced brightness so you can see it
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Don't worry about off topic... that's how ideas for new topics comes to mind...
And you are right... he is holding a torch. I thought you've captured the moment he was firing his weapon... my mistake  ???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

regardless, your idea of what was depicted made me laugh too :)

spaceboy

yeah, sure it's a blowtorch, but it COULD be a weapon.  Now that would be great if you could pick it up and use it.  I did kill a guy with an electric drill used to fix vehicles in Bad Company.  It was in my weapon slot and accidentally selected it at close range.  It took a couple moments, but it got the job done.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Aeris

I got this same mission today from Hakim Echebbi at Marina's, but this time, I tried something different, I took a Bus from the station nearby to the Bus Station located behind Weelegol Village.

I noticed that there was a Safe House and a trail on the mountains that conducted to the M-S Pipeline area, it was a quite nice area, it was all jungle all the way to M-S Pipeline, I took my time to unlock the safe house and killed the 2 bastards guarding it... I popped around the corner from behind the safe house and blasted them both with my SPAS-12, quite an easy task.

On my way to M-S Pipeline, I took the Assault Truck parked outside the Safe House, and went for a lil' into the Jungle, sadly, my Truck got stuck on a rock, and I could not get it unstuck again, well, I went on foot from there, I followed the pipeline from its beginning and checked my GPS, when I turned to see the area where the target was, it was quite a surprise, I had a really nice view of the Sniper Nest, and there he was, enjoying a full-to-the-brim glass of wine.

I thought "Enjoy it while you can, it will be your last.", I aimed at him through my Crossbow's scope, shot the bolt, started walking away, and boom, it was over for the Target and his Sniper Sentry Friend, I retreated back into the jungle and escaped swiftly, the mercs were not even able to find my location within the jungle, and the explosion scared them, too.

I took a Bus from the Weelegol Bus Station back to Marina's and Hakim Ecchebi was quite happy to hear that the mission was a success.

Just another Stealth Strategy for this mission, I am sure that it works even better with a Dart Rifle than with the Explosive Arrows Crossbow, you can avoid being spotted by the Mortar Sentry in the nearby island, too.

PZ

Excellent story, Aeris, and I've never seen the mercs drinking a glass of wine - good observation.

Art Blade

very nice story. And what made me smile, the truck... man I spent quite some time to "rescue" my own truck and sometimes it infuriated me in a way I had to hurl a grenade at it  ;D

Aeris

Quote from: PZ on May 02, 2009, 09:18:34 PM
Excellent story, Aeris, and I've never seen the mercs drinking a glass of wine - good observation.
Thanks!, yeah, he was being quite a Dandy up there, with all of the guards in the area watching over him, Lol.

Quote from: Art Blade on May 02, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
very nice story. And what made me smile, the truck... man I spent quite some time to "rescue" my own truck and sometimes it infuriated me in a way I had to hurl a grenade at it  ;D
Thanks!, lol, yeah, back on my first playthrough, after doing the "Assault the Fort, Kill the King, Steal the Ring" non-sense mission, I was driving the Golden Jeep Liberty to the Oasis, on my way back, it got stuck... I knew I should not have drove right into the rocky road, but I did not expect that... Lol, me too, it feels comforting to blow up a car with an ol' school grenade.

Art Blade

Quote from: Aeris on May 02, 2009, 11:44:55 PMwith an ol' school grenade.

Mine didn't last that long. I have fresh grenades, since I run through my stock like a hot knife through butter  ;D

Aeris

Quote from: Art Blade on May 02, 2009, 11:51:17 PMMine didn't last that long. I have fresh grenades, since I run through my stock like a hot knife through butter  ;D
Lol, nice, most of the time I forget that I am carrying Hand Grenades and Molotovs along, I really need to begin using them, especially Molotovs, they are quite like my "forgotten child", but useful for Area Denial, and Grenades for Crowd Control.

Art Blade

just save one gren in case your truck gets stuck  ;D

Ricamundo

Quote from: Aeris on May 02, 2009, 11:44:55 PM
Quote from: PZ on May 02, 2009, 09:18:34 PM
Thanks!, yeah, he was being quite a Dandy up there, with all of the guards in the area watching over him, Lol.

Quote from: Art Blade on May 02, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
Thanks!, lol, yeah, back on my first playthrough, after doing the "Assault the Fort, Kill the King, Steal the Ring" non-sense mission, I was driving the Golden Jeep Liberty to the Oasis, on my way back, it got stuck... I knew I should not have drove right into the rocky road, but I did not expect that... Lol, me too, it feels comforting to blow up a car with an ol' school grenade.

I think i may of mentioned my all too brief ownership of the special Jeep Liberty. I gave the guy his ring and got the Jeep, but was accosted by mercs from the nearby guardpost, so i took it down the path behind the safehouse, and drove it straight off the dock, and into the river. :-[
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

at least they didn't get hold of it either  ;D

Aeris

Quote from: Art Blade on May 03, 2009, 12:09:43 AM
just save one gren in case your truck gets stuck  ;D
Lol, yeah, gotta enjoy those fireworks! :D

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 03, 2009, 03:27:03 AMI think i may of mentioned my all too brief ownership of the special Jeep Liberty. I gave the guy his ring and got the Jeep, but was accosted by mercs from the nearby guardpost, so i took it down the path behind the safehouse, and drove it straight off the dock, and into the river. :-[
Aww, that is a quite bad end for the Golden Jeep Liberty, but I agree, that area is full of hostiles and is hard to get through without suffering some damage. :(

Quote from: Art Blade on May 03, 2009, 03:38:41 AM
at least they didn't get hold of it either  ;D
Damn Mercs and their kleptomania. Lol.

PZ

Quote from: Aeris on May 03, 2009, 12:01:08 AM
Lol, nice, most of the time I forget that I am carrying Hand Grenades and Molotovs along, I really need to begin using them, especially Molotovs, they are quite like my "forgotten child", but useful for Area Denial, and Grenades for Crowd Control.
I agree about the grenades and Molotovs - I've just started heavily using them and they w@&k quite effectively.  I managed to complete a mission to destroy the radio station in the Dental Clinic only by throwing a few Molotovs.  My intent was to start grass fires to take care of most of the mercs and then go in guns ablaze - imagine my surprise when I was fighting a few in the narrow passage from the west when I received the mission accomplished message!  Evidently, the Molotovs had set off other flammables, which in turn escalated the inferno.

retiredgord

:) You gotta love your 'nades and molotovs.  It's great to throw one, sometimes even blind, and hear the sound of other flammables going off.  It's good also when the mercs have to leave their concealment and go stand in the open..very kind of them to paint the bullseye on themselves.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

The parts I like most regarding the Molotovs is how the mercs often turn and focus on the fire rather than savagely targeting you 100% of the time.  Their "wuhaa...ahhhhhs" are also music to my ears!

Aeris

Quote from: PZ on May 03, 2009, 06:05:14 PM
I agree about the grenades and Molotovs - I've just started heavily using them and they w@&k quite effectively.  I managed to complete a mission to destroy the radio station in the Dental Clinic only by throwing a few Molotovs.  My intent was to start grass fires to take care of most of the mercs and then go in guns ablaze - imagine my surprise when I was fighting a few in the narrow passage from the west when I received the mission accomplished message!  Evidently, the Molotovs had set off other flammables, which in turn escalated the inferno
Nice, I bet the poor mercenaries did not even know what the hell was going on, Lol. :P

Quote from: retiredgord on May 04, 2009, 07:00:29 AM
  :) You gotta love your 'nades and molotovs.  It's great to throw one, sometimes even blind, and hear the sound of other flammables going off.  It's good also when the mercs have to leave their concealment and go stand in the open..very kind of them to paint the bullseye on themselves.
Very good for stress relief. Lol.

Quote from: PZ on May 04, 2009, 07:17:11 AM
The parts I like most regarding the Molotovs is how the mercs often turn and focus on the fire rather than savagely targeting you 100% of the time.  Their "wuhaa...ahhhhhs" are also music to my ears!
I agree, Toasted Mercs anyone? Lol.

JRD

Ok, I've split that topic from "Hakim Echebbi's quest - from afar (the stealth way)" as we engaged in a nice discussion about known mounted GL....
So here is a list of those we know so far

1 - The sniper tower west of M-S Pipeline
2 - Inside Wheelegol, in a plattform
3 - Southern airstrip by the sniper tower.

Any other known MGL??

Art Blade

- Ranger Station , the GL is located at the easternmost hut
- Guard Post southeast of the cell tower in the north of Bowa, between Sediko and Outpost. It's the village-like collection of huts with a wooden walkway crossing the river. There are TWO GL stationed, pointing up- and downriver.

JRD

Funny how this particular GP, which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, is the one with heavy artillery  :P

Art Blade

haha, yeah... I think they put those GL there because they don't want PZ to ride his quad across their wooden walkway too often  ;D

KingRat

I'm thinking there might be one south of the Bowa airfield on a dock. Head out the back trail hang a right toward the rail-xing and take that first left down to the river. I remember lobbing 'nades onto the compound across the river, but can't remember if I used a MK-19 or my M-79/MGL140....

I've got Mercs2 in the 360 right now, but I don't much care for the 3rd person look....nice 'boom' stuff though  :)

Do have the PC version of FC2 now, but it appears I have some bugs that need to be flushed before I can get into it.

PZ

Good fortunes with the PC version of FC2 KingRat - I purchased it and love it.

You're correct Art - the mercs really don't like it when you ride that quad - I escaped the prison this morning (the quad was outside the prison gate) and drove full speed down the hill trying to escape.  An ATP (assault truck patrol) noticed and gave chase - they must have rammed me because I flipped, and then rolled 2-3 times ending right side up (with no damage thankfully).  They seemed to be particularly aggressive today...

Tags:
🡱 🡳