Assassination - Schwasana target of opportunity...

Started by PZ, May 10, 2009, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... the victim at Schwasana is dead, leaving nothing but a tale of his demise...  Read about his fall in this article http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=8

JRD

Great PZ...
I knew you would come up with great screencaps and a good story any time  ;).
An excelent reading my friend... keep them coming  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks JRD,
Nothing special, but I am doing the first play through on the PC, so I thought that I'd record a method (not necessarily the best) to accomplish a mission.  As we all know from playing FC2 for a while, there are many different approaches to any area, so the most important thing is to have fun while doing it!  :)

JRD

Thats it PZ... the more ways we have to accomplish a missions, the more clear it becomes as to how truly open and sandbox style FC2 is!

So much for repetitive missions huh  ;) ??

I'm just finishing playing Crysis (1st time through) and I can appreciate that freedom of choice we have on FC2 even more now.
Crysis is just "go there, do this like that" and that's it... a remarkably beautyful game, indeed, but absolutely linear............ if I ever get to play it again, it will be with lots of cheats, but it will be "do the same thing, the same way"... now that's repetitive.
I wonder if its money well spent, a game you play once and thats it... low, or none replay value  >:(

PZ

I guess that it might be - I purchased COD-WaW and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, both linear, and I don't regret it - definitely not as much dollar value as FC2, but still enjoyable.

Art Blade

just finished reading, well done, entertaining and great to "watch" your actions. Keep 'em coming, PZ  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks for the comment art,  using the PC makes it simple - the only thing I have neglected to remember is to save the iview captures of the interactions with buddies/faction officials, etc. (the ones that PrtScn don't capture).  Those screen caps make it easier to orient yourself to the story.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on May 11, 2009, 07:40:38 AM
I guess that it might be - I purchased COD-WaW and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, both linear, and I don't regret it - definitely not as much dollar value as FC2, but still enjoyable.
I understand you PZ... if its good action, then replay value is there.
But Crysis, specially from half game to the end is so linear and scripted, you get to know where and how each enemy will attack you, so the 2nd time on, you are just testing your memory.

But back to topic or the moderators will curse us  ;D

Have you tried sniping as many mercs as possible from the diamond case up on a hill north of the lake in Schwasana?
Thats a great sniping spot  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on May 11, 2009, 07:56:43 AMyou are just testing your memory.

That's a great line to describe linear story games  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 11, 2009, 07:56:43 AM
...Have you tried sniping as many mercs as possible from the diamond case up on a hill north of the lake in Schwasana?
Thats a great sniping spot  :-X
No, I haven't, but in thinking about it, that would be a great place.  One of my first favorite sniping spots was in the hills to the west of Schwasana area - a narrow path leads to a great high position.

Tags:
🡱 🡳