Raid Schwasana

Started by PZ, March 22, 2009, 02:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Warren Clyde Buddy Quest: Schwasana - destroy the fuel depot at the fishing village

Woke up this morning to rain pelting the tin roof of my safe house and stepped out the door to my uncovered assault truck (sure would have appreciated the beat up old Datsun next to the bus stop at Pala).  You can smell the freshness caused by the rain.  Made my way back to the northwest bus stop and rode into town heading toward Mike's where I met up with Warren Clyde.  He wanted me to go to the Schwasana fishing village and destroy the fuel piles on the small island north of the main village (... wish that he had told me this earlier, I was already at the closest bus stop).  Made my way back to the safe house northwest of Schwasana near the hairpin in the road (but not before gunning down a few mercs in Pala as is my usual modus operandi these days). 

Following the bus ride, the sun was high in the sky and the chickadees singing their song; another beautiful day in the rolling hills of South Africa.  Took a short nap, then started my drive toward the fishing village - had to gun down a couple of mercs in an assault truck half way down the hill on the way toward the cattle ranch.

Heading up the hill toward Schwasana, my GPS started blinking near an old wrecked bus and found a diamond case on the roof - continued on the road to Schwasana and again the GPS went off near a platform high on the cliff north of the fishing village - there was another diamond case half way down the hill.  Retrieved it and then continued further down the hill to the shack on the northern edge of the village.  Was sneaking toward the front door when I overheard two mercs discussing Ned shooting his foot off, and chuckling about his misfortune.  I carefully peeked around the edge of the building and they both saw me at the same instant - two quick head shots with the 6P9 and the area was clear.  Went to the dock and scoped the small island with my dart - a merc was taking a nap on near the ladder - a single, nearly silent psssssttt and he was dead...

Instead of taking the boat tied up by the dock, I swam to the ladder and hoisted myself up glancing briefly at the dead merc...  found one fuel pile on the dock and another on the southern side of the shack.  Went inside the shack and threw a grenade at the pile on the dock - flames lit the landscape... another grenade out the southern door and the second fuel pile vaporized - mission accomplished.  Then a sniper on the second floor of the large building to the south took notice and threw a few shots my way - a single dart later and he was silenced... for good...

Swam back along the same way I came in and made my way back to Mike's to debrief with Warren; will probably come by boat from the south the next time I need to teach the Schwasana characters another lesson... oh well, another day...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Warren told me he had a beef with the guys in Schwasana about fuel, and would like the stock destroyed to teach them a lesson for gouging us with high fuel prices. I took him up on the deal, and hopped the bus to the north. I grabbed a ride from the bus station to the nearest safe house and grabbed a technical I had stashed there. I'd rather have that 30 cal to back me up in case things went south.

I rolled through a couple patrols on my way to Schwasana and they gave me little trouble. I stopped at the top of the hill overlooking the swamp and it's little wretched shacks half sunk in the muck. There was a nice platform there to stand on as I surveyed the area. Got a bead on the fuel piles and thought about walking all the way down there and planting explosives or lobbing grenades at them. Decided not to, since I had my trusty M79 Grenade Launcher with me, why not let technology help me out?

Two lobbed grenades later and I was on my way back to Mike's to tell Warren that those guys wouldn't be selling fuel to anyone soon.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳