New trailler... this time they say autumn 2009

Started by JRD, May 06, 2009, 08:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Here it is

[smg id=383 type=av]

Everytime I check Codemaster's official site I see guys angrier...... so far I'm only looking forward to it, but to see it pushed forward on and on....
OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

The only good thing about a autumn release (at least in the northern hemisphere) is that the bad weather season is approaching which means more game time!

JRD

The only good thing (for Rockstar) is that I'm definetly getting GTA IV so I have something to do before september (springtime here in the southern hemisphere  :( )

PZ

With the interest in GTA4, we might need to start another board!  I'm thinking about purchasing GTA4 myself.

JRD

From my experience with the GTA franchise... you won't be dissapointed.

But I wonder if GTA isn't old news by now... it's more than one year old, and maybe we should focus on new games to be released from now on... I don't know, just thoughts....

PZ

Yeah, you may have a point there; I've not returned to gaming that long ago (few months) and before that, the last computer games I played were Wolf3D, the original Doom, and Intelivision (B-17 bomber, announced in a John Wayne voice).  Therefore I really don't have an idea of how long games hold their interest in the forums.

JRD

My point is... even if we start a new GTA IV board, any new threads we create would be old news for our members (some already finished the game long time ago) and new member probably has their own preferred forums... to move here is quite unlikely................

It would pobably be a deserted board...

I think we can wait for new games to come and play GTA IV if we eventually get it. If discussions grow on to productive and fun posts here, then OK, launch a GTA board... otherwise, move on... let it be created by its own merits... what do you say?

Art Blade

good point, JRD. This site is quite new, so think present and future.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

RedRaven

according to play.com OPF2 release date is 31/07/2009
available to pre-order and date is same for PC/xbox/ps3.
if i notice any delays will post new dates here. lets just hope it doesnt get but back again and again and again and again.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I read somewhere its 09/02...  :(
But the official Codemasters forum and videos says only autumn 2009.
Anyway, it seems obvious that the 05/26 date is postponed, so I just got GTA IV  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

cool... please report back if you have any troubles installing it on pc (hope you haven't any) and have fun :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Oh man... are there instalation bugs reported??  :D
Tell me its a joke ...

Art Blade

ok. "No one ever had any troubles with lock-ups, freezing PC, random crashes, registration orgies with MS live etc. It is a joke". Like this?

JRD

Wise guy Art..............  ;D

There might be troubles, I know... the Murphy Law, right?

Hopefully these are not frequently reported bugs in GTA...... man... why am I loosing time here answering you... I should be on my other PC running the installation..... [off to the other room]

Art Blade

I found the GTA IV topic where I asked about that. maybe we can go on there on topic?

PZ

Heck, it doesn't look like the moderator of this board minds being off topic, else he'd have said something!   ;D

Art Blade

PZ

haha, I'm mostly off-topic.  To tell you the truth, I'm rather naive when it comes to forum etiquette, I've little time for the foolishness I see exhibited on other forums so I've been "in trouble" at times.  I'd rather just start, continue, do whatever, just like I do in my personal life.  For instance, I rarely interrupt one of my friends and say "Hey, you're off topic!"  (In fact, I never do that!)   ;D

Art Blade

of course not. this here was just fun :) oh, by the way... you're off topic.  ;D

JRD

(voice from beyond)
BACK TO TOPIC YOU GUYS... don't make me go down there, kids....  >:(

Err.... what's the topic again? .. oh, right.. the new video and the likelihood of a release next autumn...

Topics on the CM official forum have it for granted, forget about 05/26...
Apparently the first release date was winter 2008, posponed to summer 2009 and now this.
As long as the game is polished in the end, I don't mind waiting a while.
I don't want to create too much expectation as that's the shortest way to frustration. Instead, I'll keep gathering info about the game, the island etc... and harvesting some quality member to this board... no hurry ;)

PZ

ahem... sorry JRD...  ;D

As to the topic, I never hold hopes for what is claimed, else I am usually disappointed.  You know how marketing and development goes - what is hoped for even by the development groups is often not what comes out in the end due to cutbacks, reorganization, concessions, and simple inability to make it w@&k in the time remaining.  I'm the "glass is half empty" kind of guy so I'll appreciate whatever comes along.

JRD

The first OFP was unforgivingly cruel... only one save per level plus a (far spaced) checkpoint system and one shot - one kill.
Enemies had good snipers and soldiers, so you had a lot of repetition and frustration back then.
I read they fixed it with difficult levels. The easiest ones let you save anytime you want.
Add this to the basic game dynamic and good graphics and it won't dissapoint me at all... I always keep my expectation at a low level, so good games are great games for me

Art Blade

I was checking the posts to find out if we already know the following vid, and noticed the first vid here in this topic is no longer available?! "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" ?!?! What the hell did they do to have it removed?

Anyway, here's one I just found, apparently not new though.
Man, compared to ArmA2, this looks incredibly cool :)

[smg id=1076 type=av]

JRD

Thats a great vid, I've seen this one before too... actually I thought we had it posted here somewhere.
Thanks for the research mate  :-X
But this is not an actual gameplay footage... it's way too good to be like that. The last vid released by CM is more likely to be what we'll see when its out... and is great too!!  ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳