New trailler... this time they say autumn 2009

Started by JRD, May 06, 2009, 08:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Someone posted about OFP2 being more like a game than ARMA2 (which is more like a simulation in which you need to play with editing in order to get the most out of the game)  Is this correct?

Art Blade

I don't know because the game isn't out yet (wise guy mode /off) but I sure hope so  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I hope so too, because that would make it somewhat in between FC2 and ARMA2 - the best of both worlds in an ideal situation.  The other game that JRD introduced us to was Warhound, and that is the most like the game play in the jungles of FC2 that I've seen yet.

I still love FC2, and play it nearly every day.

JRD

Guess its more user friendly... not as many commands as in A2 and most of them are on-screen. Like hold a key and move the mouse to a desired option... easier to quickly issue orders when under fire.
Also I don't think you play the high command guy, just do it with your squad mates. Maybe move between some other characters like a pilot, a tank commander or  spec-ops. OFP1 was like this
But it seems very much like a simulation indeed... guys at the OFP2 forums want a sim game.... if CM doesn't give it to them....... well, you guess  ::) .
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Well, it is definitely on the list for me - I'm liking ARMA2 more each day, and it will probably be the same with OFP2.  Especially if they keep the same object reference as in ARMA2 like they did between ARMA1 and OFP1.  That means a minimal learning curve if you want to script things.  :-X

EDIT: Interestingly, I took command of the entire USMC force (Ctrl-space) and sent them all to the opposition headquarters.  I was on my sniper perch high in the sky and could see the drama unfold - was great to see the AI in the game.  :-X

RedRaven

According to PLAY.com release date is 25th september, thats PC, PS3 & XBOX versions.
  so they say anyway ! but hope so, then its out in time for my birthday :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

so soon! roughly 6 weeks from now!  :-X <drooling>  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well, we can do 6 weeks standing on our heads - us oldsters often wonder where the time went  ;D

Art Blade

RedRaven

This Thread is now closed.
But fear not, all the content can still be accessed at

OFP:DR Video Thread

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳