Hold on to your wallets! Here comes the DLC!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, January 16, 2015, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

First DLC is out, "Escape from Durgesh Prison". Not anything to do with the story apparently, and you're playing some other person, not Ajay from what I can tell. You have to escape the prison, and get this, if you die, you get to start over! YAY.

Pass on this one, methinks.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

PZ

WOW!!! you get the privilege of starting over if you make a slight mistake!!! sign me on!!!!

Spoiler
Either when I'm so debilitated that I know not what I am doing, or else when I'm completely brain dead.  I don't know what those fools are thinking - a huge marketing mistake letting us know that it is a 12-year old gamer's dream DLC

Binnatics

If a 12 year old ever comes to read this page, he must be thinking we're some sore old bastards :angel:

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on January 17, 2015, 09:17:51 AM
If a 12 year old ever comes to read this page, he must be thinking we're some sore old bastards :angel:
True, but a 12 year-old would never visit this page because they do not know they exist.  Everything surrounding their worlds exist only in their multi-player existences.

Binnatics

Err... ???? That's some proper existentialism PZ :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

So is that what the season pass is? It just gives you all the DLC whenever it comes out? pffft
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dumb-a$$ Ludicrous Content is what Ubi really means

Binnatics

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I mean, that new mission sounds kind of interesting, but at $10 I don't think so. Maybe at half that I might think about it, or if I could redeem Ubi points for it, then yeah.
D_B

mandru

Starting to shop around I saw a gold edition of FC4 that included the prison escape and the other first wave down load content available through the Season Pass but it appeared to just be the base price of the physical game plus the cost of the season pass.

There was no real discount for buying both at once.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I got a DLC code for Hurk's story with my store-bought game but haven't gotten around to downloading it yet - I wanted to trial the game first to see whether I liked it enough to bother with the DLC. On balance, I do, so I will.

I'm just waiting for next month's DL allowance from my ISP to kick in before I get the Hurk DLC. That Harpoon gun sounds pretty wicked... >:D

Art Blade

PZ

There was a time when I would sight unseen purchase all the DLC for a game (e.g., FC2, AC2), but since they have gone the route of drug induced haze, I have not even had to worry about Ubi stealing my hard earned cash - I'll purchase the base game, quickly lose interest, and likely as not, fail to even complete the game as they want me to.  The DLC they hope I purchase will not be even a distant memory.

Binnatics

Art Blade

nexor

I received the Hurk's Redemption Limited Edition and code with my buy, activated it yesterday and immediately a blue H appears on my map so I went and did the first of three Hurk missions.
It seems like after the third mission the harpoon gun should be available, I hope.... ::)

Dweller_Benthos

New Hurk DLC now available, which sounds sorta OK. Five new weapons, well four if you don't count the harpoon gun if you already have the Hurk redemption missions, and five new missions to save his sorry a$$. At $7.50 this one might be worth it.
D_B

PZ

As long as they are nothing like the Shangri-la missions  ????

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳