Hold on to your wallets! Here comes the DLC!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, January 16, 2015, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I've reached a point at which I won't give UBI any of my money anymore.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I agree with you Art. I will only buy when it's below 25% of the principle price at least. It will take a while before I start playing FC4. :-D By the way, how was the performance of the Crew in the beginning, and any experiences there with customer support?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Spoiler
I'd say; the only way to properly pay back Ubi is to pirate all their next tittles instead of paying for them. It may as well fix the common problems with Uplay that way :-D

8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Spoiler
not so good if you want to keep your games you bought and that are linked to u-play. In other words, they might slap a perma-ban on your u-play account..

Binnatics

Spoiler
I think that pirating will be done completely aside from Uplay. There will probably not be any multiplayer available.

Binnatics

I just read an article about the DLC content for FC4. The general opinion is that it doesn't add much value to the game, and isn't worth your money. There was a lively discussion on the concept of DLC's and in fact there are very few DLC's that are considered to add something extra and thus are worth buying. The list they come up with of DLC's worth buying, is interesting. I see a lot of tittles I agree with, check it out:

Quote from: symphoon:
    "Welke DLC is je geld waard"

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion: Shivering Isles
    Fallout 3: Point Lookout
    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
    Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
    BioShock 2: Minerva's Den
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
    Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
    Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues
    The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dragonborn
    Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss
    Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Kortere (2-4 uur) die toch wel de moeite zijn:

Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker
    L.A. Noire - 5 DLC cases
    Mass Effect 3 - Citadel
    Dishonored DLCs
    The Last of Us: Left Behind
    Dark Souls 2 - 4 Crown of King DLCs

Er zijn nog wel enkele, van multiplayer DLC weet ik niets.

Source: Tweakers.net DLC discussion

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 01, 2015, 04:39:58 AM
Spoiler
I think that pirating will be done completely aside from Uplay. There will probably not be any multiplayer available.
Spoiler
I tend to agree - after all, what kind of idiot hacker would require you to register your pirated game with Ubi  :laugh:

Art Blade

Spoiler
:laugh: I think he'd INSTANTLY qualify for a job at UBI

Binnatics

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

OK so the latest ripo..... errr DLC is Valley of the Yeti, or Revenge of the Yeti (pronounce that one yet-EYE lol) or whatever. Something with Yeti in it. It does sound mildly interesting but not at $15. I would probably get it for $5 and think about it for $10 but not $15.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I saw a few graphics, and due to the size of those things (looked like lots of them, but I don't know for sure).

Appears to be a boss kind of mission series to me, but it should be fun to see it in video

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳