GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Here we collect stuff that is helping improve the gaming experience, either stuff you found out by yourself or that you found on YouTube or whatever you think might help.

I'll start with a good $1,000,000 car for free (no cheat)

GTA 5 Secret Cars - "Adder" (Bugatti Veyron) (GTA V)

And making money on the stock market

GTA 5 - How to Make Money Using The Stock Market Guide (GTA V)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Great tips, buddy  :-X Now it's my time to return favor. +1
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

durian

PZ

Binnatics

Good tips guys!! I keep getting pushed into learning to know more about the game and, thus, recover secrets that I wanted to keep secrets until my hands are on the actual game :D But it's so hard to refuse ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Excellent!  I wonder how long it will take them to "fix" the glitch with a patch  :-()

Art Blade

I was thinking the same.. let's just hope they won't.

durian

Binnatics

B quick PZ, I think they WILL be fast fixing these types of errors ^-^

Art Blade

thanks, D  :-D

I'm not sure they will if they've learned from the past. Players who don't want to cheat simply won't even if they could but those who want will be very disappointed and perhaps even angry if those glitches get "fixed." It is way more important to fix game-breaking issues and other stuff that does not w@&k properly. Let's wait and see but indeed, better be quick about exploiting those glitches because you never know  :-D

durian

Agree with what you said Art. I think glitches like this needn't be fixed, instead fix those game breaking ones like vanishing cars glitch many people have encountered.

Art Blade

yep, I heard about that one, too. Apparently only the original garages with which you start out are the ones that do w@&k as expected.

With regards to "fixing" funny and useful glitches, Ubishit ( :-() ) immediately springs to mind, and Atari. The angry and annoyed comments just won't cease to pop up which isn't exactly helping their reputation so I very much hope Rockstar gets it into their heads not to mess with their loyal customers  :)

Art Blade

Here a tip for an early mission called "CHOP" (no spoiler)

When you (as Franklin) and Lamar and Chop (the dog) are on a mission to kidnap D, you'll chase D together with your dog AND have the opportunity to switch between Franklin's and Chop's view.

Now the tip: once Chop gets distracted by another dog.. don't forget to switch to Chop's view until you know why I recommended it  :laugh:

durian

+1 Great tip but a bit too late for me as I've just passed that mission a while ago.

Art Blade

Thank you :)

Maybe it's not too late.

You can replay missions from the pause menu although I don't know whether or not side missions are among them. Just check for "Chop" as a mission  :)

durian

I forgot that we can replay missions

Art Blade

so much for your memory competition :-()

durian

Art Blade

it's still fun :) I'm not perfect, either.

PZ

Art Blade

Just some tips regarding heists and Lester's assassination missions

First, the heists:

Usually a heist requires additional crew members which you can choose from a selection on the planning board, like drivers, shooters and hackers. If they survive, they'll gain 25% experience which makes them more valuable for the next heist while their cut will remain the same: They will be paid in % of the money you get from a heist. Cheap people will cost something like 4 or 7 percent, and they are likely to die before the heist is over. That isn't good as you will still have to pay them (money goes to their families) but the next time you'll have to hire a new crew member without experience or hire an expensive member who will take around 15%. If you take expensive members, obviously your own cut will be smaller but the likelihood that your heist will be a success is almost guaranteed.

If you do some side missions rather than strictly following the main mission (or somehow get some time in between is the goal) it is likely that some of the people you met during the main missions will call you and be available for heists from then on, so you'll have more people to choose from. They're not the best but apparently they will survive which makes them 25% better for the next heist and quite cheap regarding their cut.

People I know will call you:
Spoiler
The computer nerd from Michael's lifeinvader mission and "Chef," the meth cooker from Trevor's Chinese business partner mission

What I don't know: I'd try to manually save the game before starting the heist preparation and again a separate save before going on the actual heist. The reason: Once you completed a heist mission, they will be re-playable from the pause menu without affecting the game progress. In other words, if you screwed up (lost a crew member) you can't undo it. Unless you can go back to a save game and actually start from there (before the heist) which should give you the opportunity to either try with the same crew until you succeed or choose different crew members and try again with those.

Second, Lester's assassination missions

The first of those is for Michael (lifeinvader mission, right after the first meeting with Lester and I believe this one is inevitable, a main story mission) but the rest are side missions for Franklin.

Since your big money comes from heists, it is advisable to wait until after at least one or more heists and not to do any of Lester's assassination missions too early (available to Franklin) because Lester always gives you an investment hint which you should consider with a lot of money. So, if you invest a few hundred bucks early in the game.. better, a few hundred thousand bucks after a few heists :) Those assassinations will always have a massive impact on the stock exchange so if you invest a large sum.. it will generate at least for Franklin a lot of extra money ;) So, best pay attention to what Lester tells you when giving you a mission and don't forget to save the game in case you screw up with your investment :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳