GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Wow, Art, you're posting as if you are already a veteran player of the game - I sure do hope Rockstar comes out with the PC version.  I will most definitely get it because I have way more free time on my PC than I do on the console.

Art Blade

I've spent the last two weeks watching all kinds of GTAV vids, mostly complete playthroughs. Of course I picked up a thing or two due to different playing styles and choices since the missions are not exactly linear or scripted. What you read above is what I found out while watching the same missions four times or more but with different settings. :) Additionally I happened to watch what people did in between missions. So indeed.. in a way, it is veteran.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

durian

Like Bin said, it's funny that a guy who is not playing the game is much more knowlegeable then the ones who are actually playing it +1  :)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

I hope it works, can't say I tested it on my own but I am pretty confident it will help you guys. Thanks, durian  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Good tips indeed!!! :-X :)

The Heist thing, with experienced guys after some 'staying alive' on the previous performed missions, reminds me of your friends in TLAD DLC. There you had your own biker gang and they also gained sort of experience progress while staying alive. The good thing is that they never demanded any cut 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Saw this on the Internet today.....

Many gamers have been disappointed and shocked to find that upon logging on to GTA Online, their character is broke, homeless, awol or all of the above ... But Rockstar warns: Don't Create a New Character!

According to IGN, the company released updated advice for those who have missing characters: return to story mode, re-enter GTA Online through the Pause menu when the Rockstar Cloud Servers are working, and continue trying to access the servers even if you are given a message saying they are unavailable.

If you continue online and have saving disabled, your character might be overwritten.

IGN quotes their statement: "If you have previously created a character but see an empty character selection screen when entering GTA Online, please back out to GTAV Story Mode and try re-entering GTA Online through the pause menu (repeat or wait until Rockstar cloud servers are back up). Do not create a new character in the empty slot where your character should be.

"If you receive the message 'The Rockstar Cloud Servers Are Unavailable', please return to GTAV Story Mode and follow the steps above.  Please do not press 'Retry' on the message and do not proceed online with saving disabled, as this may lead to overwriting your existing character."

PZ

Good info, nex; thanks for posting.  On a related note, my son purchased the game specifically to go online, but he was disappointed in how poorly the online gaming experience went for him.  He's waiting until the service improves.

Binnatics

Good tip Nex!!

I'm sure Rockstar will solve all online issues. I can imagine how huge the quest is to get this game running smoothly. And the were so polite to warn in advance that they weren't prepared for the quantity of players yet.
My experience with GTA online, for GTA IV PC, was always excellent performance. The whole phenomena called "lagging" was completely new to me when I tried other games after my GTA experience. In fact, until now, no game ran as smooth online as GTA IV. The problem though, was the amount of cheaters. But if you put that aside, the performance was excellent, and still is. :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

here a general tip which worked for me in previous GTA games and I was pleasantly surprised when I watched someone else do it in GTAV, too:

When something like a helicopter is after you, or cars with gunmen, and you're trying frantically to escape without any luck, change of plans. No more defensive or evasive driving, take action.

Get out of your car, stand still, and with that stable position, aim and shoot to kill :-D Particularly nice if you have a rocket launcher or something that packs a punch. Apparently most game situations aren't made for this and you get a proper chance to finish that BS  :-()

PZ

Cool; I've been chased by helicopters before, and have hidden under structures until they go away

Art Blade

you could use that position of yours under that structure to get out of the car and whip out a massive gun to take out the pilot -- you don't have to blow up the chopper to get rid of it :)

Binnatics

Good advice Art, completely agree with the "take action" part in that strategy >:D >:D

Another advice; in GTA San Andreas a shotgun does major damage to helicopters. Just 4 or 5 rounds and it will go down (if it is close, which happens most of the time) so don't be surprised if it works well in GTA V as well ;)

PZ

I'll definitely try it - I have a good shotgun  >:D

Art Blade

Re: the Chop job.
Quote from: durian on September 30, 2013, 12:53:53 PM+1 Great tip but a bit too late for me as I've just passed that mission a while ago.

Here you go: check the vid from 11:10 onwards until you know why  :-D

Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) Walkthrough - Part 7 "Chop" Gameplay Playthrough PC PS3 XBOX

PZ

:laugh: :-X  I remember that spot!

durian

Binnatics

The bridge in that video, I mean the one you see before you start the video, is the exact same bridge as in San Andreas between the North of San Fierro and Bayside, a small marina village in Tierra Robada. I recognize the shape, colour and construction details of the pillars as well as the layer. Is that same bridge represented in GTA V?
That would make me curious for the actual place in real California where that bridge is... Any clues? ????

Art Blade

please correct me if I'm wrong, I had immediately one name and image pop up in my mind, I think it is..
Spoiler
The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate strait, the mile-wide three mile long channel between San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean. The structure links the U.S. city of San Francisco, on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula, to Marin County. It is one of the most internationally recognized symbols of San Francisco, California, and the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gate_Bridge

durian

I'm with Art, it's definitely the iconic Golden Gate  :) When people talk about SF, one of the first things comes to their minds is the GG

Binnatics

Agreed. That must be the one. But can it be found in GTA V? That seems impossible since it's a San Francisco Statue and not a LA one. 

PZ

No bridge like that in Los Angeles - I'd go for Golden Gate as well

fragger

That is indeed the Golden Gate. I'd recognise it anywhere and I've never even been there. Put it down to having watched The Streets Of San Francisco many times as a kid - the GG Bridge is the first thing you see in the show's title sequence :-D Dunno what it's doing in L.A. - it must have washed down the coast :-()

Some call San Francisco "Sydney's sister city". Why I don't know, they're nothing like one another...

Art Blade

I think because I used to watch The Streets Of San Francisco many times as a kid, too, it is why I immediately had that image and name popping up in my mind. I'm kind of conditioned, almost like Pavlov's dogs, only I don't start to drool when I see that bridge  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳