Using smoked Gouda and Canadian bacon on burgers

Started by PZ, July 22, 2013, 10:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

We finally had enough smoked product to make a tasty burger.  However, we have run out of our hamburger blend so we used frozen chicken burgers we purchased at Costco.  I've seen better Canadian bacon, but for my first try, I'm really happy with the result.  I can taste the distinct pecan smoke balanced with the ever so slight sweet flavor of the maple syrup.  I also had added sprigs of fresh sage and thyme from the garden into the marinade, so those subtle flavors were also present.  We really enjoyed those burgers.

On an aside, our youngest son came over (hungry of course), and I fixed him a burger.  He was formerly a cook a a local bistro and his spontaneous comment as he was taking his first bite was "Dad... this might be the best burger I have ever tasted!"  He was probably just overly hungry but the compliment made me feel good anyway.  :)

Here's my baby right out of the package - has not been cut yet.  The smoky fragrance is mouth watering!     After cutting a few slices, this is how the interior looks.  Might not be the best Canadian bacon I've seen but I'm happy with it since it is my first attempt.  I know they will get better.     I sliced a large mound relatively thin because I intend to make Canadian bacon burgers.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Although we are using a store bought burger patty, we didn't have any ground ready for burgers and we were really hungry after w@&k.  The plan is to use the smoked products we created in the Bradley (using the fine recipes we found on the recipe site).  Here we have smoked Gouda and thinly sliced Canadian bacon.     The smoked gouda is just beginning to melt, and are now ready for a heaping mound of Canadian bacon.     The burgers are still in the pan, and are smothered in Gouda and Canadian bacon - now ready for the onion and tomato.  As to condiment, I like plain yellow mustard, no ketchup

Art Blade

I'm coming for you.. I'm coming for you.. GROAR! >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳