Next X Box and Second Hand Games

Started by Fiach, May 21, 2013, 05:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

TL:DR

Buy a game then connect to XBOX Live to "activate" it with a code, the game is then tied to your Xbox Live profile.

If you lend it to a friend, they will have to pay a fee to Xbox Live to use the game, that fee will be the full game price.

When you are done with the game, you can sell the code online (Xbox Live) and its erased from your profile.

Thanks, but no thanks.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I like how they used "fee" in that context.  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

It appears the masses may have swayed XBox One makers into rethinking their unpopular position on digital rights management.

Here's one link I've come across.  http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57590134-75/microsoft-pulls-a-180-reverses-xbox-one-always-on-drm-and-used-games-policy/
- mandru

PZ

I'm already a PS3 gamer, and if I ever would think of purchasing an xbox, the always-on DRM would seal the deal for me.  I'll go with any console that does not do always-online.  I had enough of that with the new Simcity.  >:((

I'm encouraged that at least MS is listening to the public (albeit it only because of the loss of potential sales).  Those EA fools still have not quit the always-online requirement for Simcity, which is likely the last in the series I will purchase.

mandru

I agree PZ.  I see no sense in buying an XBox One if you're already set up with a the PS or PC rig you want.

From what I understand the always on line DRM has been radically altered.  Again to the best of my understanding the only online requirement is going to be limited to the time when a new system is being initialized and game sharing is to be made possible among a few of the other sticking points that XBox had people screaming about.

Hey it's something.  ;)

I really think this change of policy was brought about when the powers that be at XBox realized that Play Station was perched on the verge of seriously kicking their locked in a box butts.
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳