IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER

Started by RedRaven, April 22, 2009, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

its night time, sometime after midnight, and i`m back in Pala, got myself as tight to the wall as can be, crouched down cradling my trusty Star.45, been here like this for half hour or more listening to those goons from the UFLL prattle on, voices get further away so its now or never. Creep in through the hole in the wall, just about to dash into the garage and grab the diamond when a groaning sound to my right makes me freeze. turning slowly, pistol fully loaded and aimed, ready to kill despite being smack bang in middle of UFLL`s no go zone. Thru the darkness and a sudden malaria attack i see him, stood in the corner with his back to me, weapon over his shoulder, right arm stretched up supporting him as he leans forward into the corner. Slowly and carefully start to back out of the hole to see he is only having a piss, Having a piss!
how cool is that ? sure i`ve seen them doing it before from a distance as i take aim at their heads from behind some cover a safe distance away, but he was actually HAVING A PISS, like liquid actually coming out and hitting the floor!!! was laughing for at least half hour. its little touches of reality that make this game amazing.
sorry if its old news to you all, but thats the 1st time been close enough to actually see it. Brilliant.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Bravo dke58,  although I've seen this action close enough to tell what the merc was doing, I've never experienced it that close - what an experience.  The AI in the game never ceases to amaze me.   :-X

In fact, I know that I haven't seen it all - there must be plenty more to see if you spend the time watching what they do.

spaceboy

dke58, I wish I had your patience, I always want to sit and listen more because what I do hear is usually priceless.  The up close and personal experience you had there must have been hilarious.

I'm not sure if you were back on fc2world, but I had posted a thread called AI relieves himself because when I was scoping a guard post and saw a guy do that I was rubbing my eyes - I couldn't believe it.  It was so realistic and funny. He even stepped away from the others to be considerate...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

There is one pic I posted here too... "The last thing he did" was the topic. He was my target in Pala and as I sneaked in to finish him in an alley, I saw him doing it... I was polite and let him finish first  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

your such a gent, would of put him down there and then. they say all your bowels empty on death so he was kinda ready for it.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

is that "bowels" or bowls"....
... Art?
[inside joke if you haven't read all the posts - read the coffee post in Off topic for understanding]

RedRaven

weird... was reading that post earlier but only skimed thru it, as for patience got my laptop next to gaming pc so am almost always playing on that whilst reading/posting here. also use laptop to show maps when playing, comes in really handy. and got a spredsheet in progress that use to record current mission as i progress, stats like hits,kills, missons done etc. it satisfies my anal retentive side, have split each map into its 9 sectors, and as diamonds are found, safe house unlocked and outposts scouted use mspaint to color them in. saves going back to same place several times cos forgot if done it or not!!! whilst i`m waffling on do you know who created the checklist pdf?
have converted it to image files and keep track with that too. figured if was going to try complete it 100% with 100% accuracy would make use of various aids to make sure dont miss anything.

PZ

Wow, that sounds like something I'd do!  Fellow forum member DKM2 created the checklist as well as the mission puzzles - you might enjoy those as well - great for fun!   :-X

JRD

I like to play in my "office" with my laptop on my side too... have all the info here on digital format right on my fingers ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Although not nearly as sophisticated as what you guys are doing, I can use the maps on my iPhone while playing on the PS3 - kind of small, but it does give me access to maps, diamond videos, forum posts, etc.

Dweller_Benthos

Don't have an extra comp or iphone to look at the maps & stuff while I'm playing, but I do have a couple printed versions, with all sorts of scribble on them where I took notes on patrol areas and weapon caches and stuff. Actually marked another weapon cache in the act three area the other day, along with a few minor other updates, will eventually make it into version 8 of the maps.

And to add to the no go area of the OP, I had a tough time getting that diamond as well, kept trying different things, trying to "stealth" it and not cause a fight. The other one in Pala was easy, there was no one around and I just walked in a took it, but the one in the garage was weird. After a couple tries, I decided to park my truck right outside so I had a fast getaway and had given up on the stealth. My truck was around the other side and I didn't feel like turning it around, and I wanted to be aimed out of town towards Mike's so I drove around town and parked in front of the garage. I walked in expecting a guard or two and there was no one there, took the diamond and walked out without anyone being the wiser. I guess I hit it when the guards were off to lunch or something.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 22, 2009, 06:38:39 PM
is that "bowels" or bowls"....
... Art?
[inside joke if you haven't read all the posts - read the coffee post in Off topic for understanding]

HAHAHAhahahaaaaaa!  ;D I read that word and instantly thought about our discussion there and OF COURSE you're the first to mention it  ;D :-X

About a guy taking a leak, nice story :) I think I would have kicked my desk over if I had encountered that guy in the dark that moment. At least I would have emptied my gun at him in shock :) If you want to see a merc up close while performing his little "act" you may want to check the pic in "why is FC2 water dirty".
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I just love it that we can tease one another... it's what I do with my local friends at w@&k and play, so why not online in our forums!  :-X ;)

PS: you're absolutely correct; all I needed to see was that one word...

Art Blade

same here :) sometimes I even dare to mention someone's wife's buttocks...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

HAHAHA, I just had to applaud your attitude!   ;D

Art Blade

cheers -- "IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER" :)  :-X

PZ

Just did a couple of missions (PS3) this morning and the mercs seem to be particularly aggressive.  One time I had 3 assault trucks come up on me as I was trying to snipe the RPG merc at the GP in northeast Bowa.  Then, working my way south, another 3 trucks assaulted me as I was trying to GL a different GP.  This one was funny however, I spun around and hit their truck with a grenade and one of the mercs flew through the air lancing on my hood less engine - was able to drive around for a while with him on it - kind of like a deer hunter with his catch!

Art Blade

lovely story :) I'm not sure if we are lucky those mercs don't leave red smears on the car...  ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 17, 2009, 09:28:14 AMwas able to drive around for a while with him on it - kind of like a deer hunter with his catch!

like this?  ;D

[smg id=641 align=center width=400]
GOTCHA!

PZ

Almost like that, but my "deer" wasn't staring me in the eye!   :)

Another moment this morning - was going to kill the two faction leaders at the Taemoco Mine and started in my favorite sniper perch high above the mine.  Because it was already flooded, some of the mercs tried to circle around to my right.  On the way to my perch, there is what appears to be a small puddle of water - and a merc tried running through it.  Evidently it was deeper than he thought because he went down!  Raised his hand for help, bobbed a time or two, and a "friend" of his standing on the side watched him drown (some friend...).

Art Blade

ya, that's something you don't see every day, a merc simply drowning :) Saw that once, around Post Office. I had killed everyone and was torching the place when I came close to the river behind that diamond garage. There I noticed one merc standing in the shallow water, staring at the fire that moved towards him. He went backwards. Until that moment when Coyote has run past the ledge of a mile deep cliff, stopping in mid air, feeling for the ground with one toe, and displays a final innocent smile... the merc "suddenly" went down, waving his hands, trying to get his head above the waterline, and then he sort of crouched. Floated with a back bent like a mad cat, then disappeared, a couple of bubbles showing for a few moments... then I chucked a hand grenade over to make sure  ;D

Phil-318

PZ, those are classic ROFL moments. 

I have had several moments of mercs relieving themselves in front of me (without knowing that I'm there).  However, I guess I'm just a little bit more sick and demented than you guys, cause I usually don't wait till they are finished.  And furthermore, this is probably inhumane, I shoot them in the groinal area.  Kinda gives me a little bit of justification, seeing how they are so anti-social and always seem to shoot at me when I come around. 

Even the ones in town don't like me. Everytime they see me, they pull there guns and say "there will not be any F**king trouble here".
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

Ricamundo

Hey, welcome to OGW Phil-318. ;) I had an interesting mish yesterday @ Private Property. I've found it mush easier, and more fun, to approach from the river to the back end where the dock is, but as i was using my new fave weapon, the Dragonov, to clear out the mercs down by the docks, I was attacked by 3 merc swamp boats, all at pretty much the same time.

My other new(to me) toy, the M-79, does an efficient job of dispatching the boats, often with a nice 180 degree flip for effect 8). Once on land, the PKM takes care of the rest, usually around that empty swimming pool.

I really like this loadout(Dragonov/M-79/PKM), but i wonder why the Dragonov and the PKM appear to be in the wrong spots. Wouldn't it make more sense to have it as PKM/M-79/Dragonov?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 31, 2009, 04:53:47 AMWouldn't it make more sense to have it as PKM/M-79/Dragonov?

The good old question :) For me it would be 6p9/mp5 or MGL/Dart or AS50... because my "primary" is the pistol ;)

Nice story about a simultaneous attack of three boats, yikes! :)

retiredgord

YIKES!!! Ricamundo... ATHREE/FER fight.  I've only had to go through a two/fer deal.  That musta had your heart apumpin.  It sounds like a good loadout and I'm gonna see if I can get the goods for a  mission.  I'm in the South again even tho' some stories are still from the North. Good Stuff!!
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳