Finished the game, what now? Here are a few tips

Started by Art Blade, March 23, 2013, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[smg id=5819 type=preview align=center caption="100 percent"]

I keep hearing from other people that on one hand they finished the game and didn't want to play through the main mission again (heh, like me) and on the other hand that the game was boring once they finished all side missions and collected everything and so forth. I believe that the game has a lot more to offer than just the stories and collectibles.

First of all, I recommend installing the (so far) latest patch 1.05 because that patch allows you to reset all outposts if you did play through (completed) the main mission and liberated all outposts. By the way, I tried it, once you liberated all outposts again you can reset them again. :)

For those who wish to play hardcore, the new patch 1.05 Master (very hard) difficulty level might be what they were looking for, now bullets and animal teeth don't just sting, they kill you. So be careful out there :)

Too few enemies, still? Well, it is always nice to stir up a few Rakyat friends with a few bullets or a mine.. they'll love you for it.  >:D

Visit favourite places. Mine are the Pacific Airfield and the Compound. Both in the Southern part. They are big and keep spawning enemies and even more so if the surrounding area is not liberated. Then you'll have road blocks and foot patrols and patrol Jeeps and the likes coming by every now and then, too  :)

Overpowered and boring weapon choice? I'm quite sure most of you have never tried to empty the weapons dial. You can get rid of three weapons and will have one slot only which you can fill with whatever you like. Maybe a repair tool? :) Then go for a stroll and only if you like or need, pick up weapons you find or pry one out of the stiffening hands of a recently deceased pirate..

Here is how to: Go to an arms dealer or inside a safehouse use the magic weapons locker (vending machine). Select one weapon and apply it to every slot (which means you need to select and apply it three or four times). The trick is, once that weapon resides in a slot already, selecting and assigning it again to a different slot will remove it from its prior slot which renders that one empty.  :)

Here I pick a signature weapon, a silenced pistol. I like that pistol. Usually looting an enemy whom you killed with your pistol leaves a few handgun rounds for you to replenish it. I hardly ever ran out of bullets like that.
[smg id=5733 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 23 00010"]

If you need it a bit more extreme, go select one weapon of one type and fire all rounds you have into the air or anywhere. Main thing is to get rid of any ammunition. Run completely dry. Now you'll have to find ammo, too..

Once you killed an enemy, you may pick up his weapon and fill an empty slot with it. Or just leave it behind.
[smg id=5734 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 23 00011"]

Walk a lot. Try to travel across both islands, like start somewhere in the NW of the Northern island and pick a destination in the SE of the Southern island. Survive with a pistol or whatever you come across.

Have fun  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Art Blade

thank you :)

That's the kind of thing I do when I fire up the game in singleplayer. It is particularly nice and challenging right after resetting all outposts when you start a journey on foot across the entire game world. It takes some guts to walk around with nothing but a simple weapon.

You'll very likely enjoy avoiding those blasted carnivores because any encounter the likes of rubbing each other's noses by way of greeting will quite probably leave a dent.. in your mauled neck  :-() Also, foot patrols in the South are prone to give you a proper start.. like, when you happen to bump into Hoyt's mercs in the middle of a lush green valley.  :-D

So you might want to play some games with those pesky pirates or marauding mercs, involving mines and C4.. anything to liven up their boring lives even if those game rules require them to die. >:D

And I like to liberate all outposts in one massive campaign. Lasts perhaps a few hours and is great fun. Then.. reset them again :)

Hacko

Great tips Art....now I just need to unlock the South island....haven't done that yet, but it is going to happen soon...I'm almost to that point in the main missions....Have I told you guys how much I hate the main missions :)

Art Blade

thanks, Hacko :) And I believe no one was really crazy about those main story missions (except perhaps for a few select and singled-out events)  :-D

Hacko

Some of the main missions are ok...but some of them are just down right stupid and frustrating...you just can't wait till they are over  :-D

Art Blade

that's spot on and the sole purpose of this topic, mate  :-D Giving a few tips on how to sustain the sweet feeling of not having to go back to suffering through those blasted main story missions  :-D

Hacko

The one part of the main mission where you have to do the button mashing to crawl out of the dead body pile is creepy and stupid....did they really have to include that part in this game. Sometimes I think the programmers of games get a little too cute....keep it simple stupid  :-D

Art Blade

Heh, across the FC3 board we already have several massive rant topics and extensive passages of posts inside other topics about the disliked things in the game and the story and how we despise button mashing. Here I was hoping to collect tips what to do about the situation people reach the moment they finish the main story..

Perhaps we could continue a bit more into that direction without tempting me to split this topic :)

Hacko

PZ

Indeed; not too many.  I did like the drug fields mission because I could do it as I pleased.  I also liked one of the last missions where the developers want you to run like a bat out of hell between oil areas, but I managed to do it in a relatively open world way.

Art Blade

Don't worry, Hacko :)

PZ, what you can do to re-create a similarly tense and open world situation is to voluntarily force outposts to call in reinforcements. You don't have to liberate them right away, you may as well trigger such an event at a nearby outpost and then return to the first one. You wouldn't believe the amount of enemies searching the area and chase you  :-D

PZ

Yeah, I've tried that once in a while, and it is a harrowing experience!  ^-^

Binnatics

Haha, that sounds cool! Triggering multiple reinforcements :-X :laugh:

I also have a challenging and 'nice to do' idea. Try to do everything with just a recurve bow. Takes some practice but I liberated almost all outposts with it and became quite a good shooter with the bow. Even in quick close range fighting situations you can use it, but make sure to play on easy then, or they will turn you into a sieve ^-^

Something else; focus on takedowns. Try to do a double from above or below. Quite hard. Or a zipline takedown. Check the stats for a list of possible takedowns and how many you already performed.

I wanted to see if it's possible to do an entire playthrough without firing a single bullet. Just arrows and knife cuts ;) I started on easy, and did quite some stuff. Even most (if not all) path of the hunter challenges are doable, since you can always use the knife to end the quest ;)
I paused the playthrough though, since I'm now busy with a "Master difficulty playthrough".  8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I'm having both fun and a hard time with nothing but a pistol (well, and a knife). The silenced 6P9 is quite nice, too, for that matter :) I once had all slots filled with different pistols from my vending machine :laugh:

Binnatics

Something else you might want to try:

Beating my Rakyat Trial scores:

Dashing Assault:*       
Hide And Seek:           
Bone Crusher:             
Lord Of Firepower:     
Frag Me Up:               
Bull's Eye:
Overheat:
Furious Gun:
Point Blank:
Transport Destruction:**                 
Hostile Swamp:
Decimation Barrage:

*This score is bugged.
**Art Blade has the highest score here: 835. Also a bit bugged.

Good luck!!! ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:)

On those red rocks that represent Rakyat Trials in my game I tried on various occasions to use a steel brush and a massive chisel, even explosives, to get rid of that gruesome inscription "Binnatics" but it would keep returning right away.

Binnatics

>:D

I love Ubisoft for putting such a remarkable interactive feature into their SP game :-() :-()

Art Blade

I'm just about to start to prepare to getting used to it.  :-D

Another tip:

Try to make carnivores follow (chase) you and steer towards any group of hostiles. It is so much fun to run past them with something like a komodo dragon or a bear in your wake causing the bad guys to freak out and attack it while you hide in a nearby bush and enjoy the spectacle.  :-D

Hacko

Quote from: Art Blade on March 27, 2013, 03:08:14 PM
:)

On those red rocks that represent Rakyat Trials in my game I tried on various occasions to use a steel brush and a massive chisel, even explosives, to get rid of that gruesome inscription "Binnatics" but it would keep returning right away.

LOL  :laugh:

Hacko

I finally unlocked the south island this weekend after many hours of lame main missions......let the southern island fun begin :)

Binnatics

Have fun Hacko! I have just unlocked the Southern Island myself in my third playthrough. Master difficulty was the reason for me to do a third, and now I dedicated myself to loot ALL treasure chests :D :-D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳