weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: JRD on December 29, 2012, 10:06:41 AM
Since there's no "quick sell" button to sell items you can use for crafting I had to go one by one, which caused the game to froze. I had to start the task manager and force close the game.

I've had exactly the same experience, several times. In fact, every time I try to do any more than about five or six single sells in a row, the program hangs. I have to sell four, disengage, re-engage, sell four more, and so on if I want to sell a bunch of leaves and/or skins without a crash.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm kind of relieved to find out that I'm not the only one experiencing that glitch.

Art Blade

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm kind of relieved to find out that I'm not experiencing that glitch.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

That's alright, I'll take it the right way and pretend I didn't see it :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Forget what I said about the game only hanging when I was using a vending machine. This afternoon it hung while I was just running around out in the open and there wasn't any action going on, not even any animals present.

I'm increasingly thinking it's something to do with the free-roam, I had nothing like this many crashes during the game proper.

Art Blade

as if the game wasn't buggy enough already.

Jim di Griz

I have started to notice some of the completely transparent sections of ocean shore now, as well as some lakes. I also have seen a few fish swimming about half a metre above the water...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2012, 09:56:25 PM
as if the game wasn't buggy enough already.

Well, the game has slapped me in the face, now it's kicked me in the jewels...

Because I've been having that issue with the game crashing and not remembering my saves, during my post-game free-roam I've gotten into the practice of saving the game, exiting via the menu and then reloading after liberating each outpost and completing a few Wanted Dead and Path of the Hunter missions, just to make sure I didn't lose any ground, and it's been working. It has been a tad annoying and I shouldn't have to do it, but it has been working.

Until tonight, when it went and hung itself while I was trying to exit via the menu!

I tell you, if someone at Ubisoft is being paid to mess with my head, then they've done an outstanding job and they deserve a raise...

To be fair, this time the program actually did remember where I was up to after I'd reloaded and I didn't lose anything, but I mean, really :angry-new:

Jim di Griz

That's pretty damn bad - to be fair, I suppose you are lucky the gamesave didn't corrupt during that crash - in PS3 land, that's ehat generally happens  :(
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

Jim, thanks for giving fragger's game ideas.
Now there's something else he can wait for..  8-X

:laugh: oh dear  :-()

fragger

Shhh... quiet, it'll hear you... 8-X

JRD

Now it seems weird, fragger my friend!!

It seems something related to your drivers or any compatibility issue. I had something like that with GTA IV and it completely disappeared after I change a few parts on my rig. I'm not saying you should upgrade your rig but rather check drivers and settings. It shouldn't happen so often ideed!  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on December 31, 2012, 05:52:59 AM
Shhh... quiet, it'll hear you... 8-X
Ooops - sorry  :)

To distract your game, has anyone had the personal waterfall effect yet? Noticed this after having gone behind a waterfall looking for a relic and no matter where I went after that, I had my own personal waterfall obscuring my vision. Now, I could have been sweating profusely, but I doubt it  :laugh:

I had to go into the map or something like that to get rid of it.

Art Blade

Hehe, no :)

When Vaas kicked over the concrete block attached to my feet, I had my personal water fall indeed  :-D Well, after that, I did have trouble getting out of that waterfall to take down the pirate behind it. I somehow lost orientation for a while but eventually emerged so I could trudge on to fetch the chopper :)

fragger

No, haven't had that one yet. Although my vision was a little like that in reality this morning after last night's New Year's Eve piss-up :-()

I did try to climb into the back of a truck once and apparently bumped my head on the canopy because I got a red flash and a very brief red detection indicator pointing straight ahead and lost a little bit of health. There was nobody around... :-\\

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on December 31, 2012, 03:58:26 PM
...I did try to climb into the back of a truck once and apparently bumped my head on the canopy because I got a red flash and a very brief red detection indicator pointing straight ahead and lost a little bit of health. There was nobody around... :-\\
Was that after the New Year's Eve session?  :)

fragger

:-D

If it had been I wouldn't have felt it :-()

Art Blade

PZ

fragger

This game is certainly not without it's weird glitches.

So there I was in the south island, on the highest point of land (ENE of Gaztown) looking towards the radio tower almost due south. Now, I've managed to hang-glide/wingsuit/parachute to that tower from this location before and land on that tower, and I pulled it off again this time too. Perfectly, I might modestly add, so much so that I actually uttered a self-congratulatory "Yess!" upon landing right next to the tower's junction box. Only... once on the tower, I could interact with neither said junction box nor the loot crate on the same level, no weapon would appear in my hands no matter how many keys I bashed, and I was stuck in a permanent crouch (I must have done my back in when I landed). After crawling around on the catwalk apparently in dire need of a chiropractor for a couple of minutes, I must have gotten too close to the edge because the next thing I know I'm falling through the air and subsequently expiring from the effects of deceleration trauma upon meeting the ground.

Back to the last save point (sigh).

Jim di Griz

That was more than harsh of the game fragger - do you think it's learning and sticking its tongue out at us after we have outsmarted it?

PZ

Absolutely; they're going to teach us a lesson for being clever.  Reminds me of an incompetent boss who punishes because he recognizes subordinates that have more skill than he has.  :-()

Art Blade

fragger, I had the very same experience. Was kind of a downer, I can tell you that.  :-D

JRD

I had a similar glitch too, early in the game. I went up on a tower but could not interact with the box, no matter what. I ended up falling from the tower too and after respawning at the base of the same tower I climbed up again and, again, could not interact with the box.  ????

It was late and it made me quit to desktop and go to bed. By the next day the glitch was gone and I could interact with the box and clear the tower.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳