weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

you can be quite persistent, did you know that?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I found a RSM today while playing on the console so I could not get a picture.  However, I could not see any part of him so I simply ran away.  Interestingly I could see the red indicator that pinpointed his presence, but because he was behind/inside the wall of a building, he was impervious to bullets.

JRD

Try a grenade... it is the only way to kill the rock merc in FC2!  ;)

... or C4....  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yeah, I thought of that but was in a hurry to get somewhere  :-()

Art Blade

re coop, the floating truck.

Same place, different time. The dog was alive and walking around in mid-air. I could see his red outline through the church wall which made it look a bit diabolic after a fashion  :-D And it haunted me during the upcoming loading screen: I could clearly hear a dog barking, coming from my right speaker. Spooky.  :-() Baskerville..  8-X :-D

[smg id=5496 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 01 20 00030"]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

Oh oh - the dogs of doom are howling! Funny pic Art :-() Reminds me of the floating Buck I came across, except he didn't move.

Quote from: Art Blade on January 21, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
you can be quite persistent, did you know that?  :-D

:-D

I had to get the bugger back for trashing my nice new body armour >:D

Art Blade

Jim di Griz

It saved burying him... :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Bury? Good god, way too much hassle.

There are vultures that will gladly do the job for us.  :-D

Binnatics

I think a Molotov would be very effective against these RCM's. Or RCP's ^-^
Any fire would do, I assume
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

There's a bit of an underwater trap at x:445 / y:803. A relic and a couple of loot chests are located inside a sunken wreck here, off the coast just north of outpost "Welshore Wrecker's House". The wreck is indicated by a buoy with a bell on it, the tip of a tall rock and the top part of the wreck's mast sticking up out of the water. The relic and one loot chest are in the lowermost part of the ship's hull, next to a couple of shipping containers. One of these containers is completely open, the other one is only half-open (I think it's lying on its side and one door is closed, hanging down from the top). I swam into this half-open container and couldn't get back out again - I couldn't seem to fit through the opening from the inside. So I had to stay in there until I drowned.

And I took a long time to drown... Once I realised that I couldn't get back out, I just hung around the middle of the container, resigned to the inevitable. But when my deep-dive injection and then my breath ran out, I found myself glubbing for at about half a minute without getting any closer to death. It was only when I swam back to the opening that my health instantly dropped to zero and I mercifully expired.

So not only is the half-open container a trap, it's a trap from hell in which you can apparently drown forever.

fragger

Found my first hole in the map, at x:678.7 / y:636.

I took on the side mission, "Cargo Dump", where an old geezer asks you to photograph the barcodes on five parcels in order to get his daughter back from aliens (or so he believes). The final parcel is on a ledge inside a waterfall. Once you get onto that ledge, if you face the rock wall behind the waterfall and move up close to it, a "climb" prompt will appear. Once you climb up, you'll go through a hole in the map, where there several places you can end up in or move between depending on where you position yourself: stuck underwater, back on the ledge (but you won't be able to get off it), or here in Placeholder Land:

Spoiler
[smg id=5516 width=600]

[smg id=5517 width=600]

Like the holes in the FC2 map, there's no way back once you fall in. But there is a way out, of sorts - simply get to the spot where you're underwater and wait to drown. After you die, the game should automatically reload with you back atop the falls, and it will have remembered your progress up to that point, so you won't lose much ground. For a change, the automatic save function works in the player's favour here.

I guess the devs forgot to finish this bit of the map :-()

PZ

Too bad the developers didn't use holes like that to their advantage to create Easter eggs  :-()

fragger

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on January 28, 2013, 02:59:33 PMa buoy with a bell on it

Isn't that where the profession's name "bell boy" was derived from?  ????

:-D

PZ

fragger

Well, here's a new one. I started a new game recently and all the Rakyat Trial icons on the map are black, as though I've done them already. Not only that, but when I do complete them, they're not registering in my stats (Handbook). I've done three, all successfully, yet my stats show none completed. I wouldn't care so much except for the fact that it means I'll miss out on earning one of the sig weapons. Bloody annoying :D

Art Blade

I had that too in one of my playthroughs.

But it gets worse:

No matter which playthrough you're on, you'll always have to compete with your highest score. Which means if you start the game and do Trial #1 and you overshoot the minimum requirement of say 250 points so you get perhaps 260, the next playthrough will require you to be better than 260 rather than 250. So, if you are unaware of that fact and give your very best during your first playthrough and get something like 500 points for Trial #1, the score on your next playthrough will have to be better than 500.

So you may very well face the fact that you can't beat yourself and therefore can't accomplish "all trials" which indeed inevitably leads to failing to unlock the Ripper.

mandru

As I started a new replay on my second game file I had Rakyat Trials that didn't even come close to my original game file high scores and yet I was still able to get the ripper once I'd completed all the N. Isle trials.  ????

Disturbingly enough I know it calls lower scores than the mark set in a previously played trial a fail.  But I really had the impression that as long as you don't die before the time runs out it still counts as a Complete.  UBI will take any opportunity to tell us how much we suck but I doubt they would go out of their way to kill any hope for giving us some level of replay value.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Looks as if it were a bit random what will happen on a new playthrough regarding those trials. Binnatics said something along the lines that he too (like you) was able to get the ripper regardless, as in they did count for him too, while I couldn't for the life of me get a completion on that. I think he also said his trials were all red while mine were all black or the other way round (on the map).. whatever, it is obviously buggy.

fragger

Thanks for your input chaps, seems it's not such a novel glitch after all.

However, the weirdness continues...

Last night I attempted the mission to burn Hoyt's drug fields. I dutifully went to the "trial" area with the two isolated fields first. I burned those two fields, but Jason didn't then say, "This thing is awesome!" or whatever it is that he normally says there. After burning those fields I like to get up on the ridge separating the two lots of fields and snipe as many bad guys as I can before doing the main burns. Surprise - four of the fields in that area were already burned, and yet the mission status box reported that only 3 of the 5 crops were burned. The last field just would not burn, no matter how much I tried. I repeatedly employed the flamethrower, shot the exploding barrels, even lobbed Molotovs into it, and there would be fire for a minute or so, yet the plants stayed nice and green and stubbornly refused to turn black. Since I couldn't get past the "3 of 5..." message, I couldn't get on with the rest of the mission. The boat was at the dock and I even went down there and blew it up with a hand grenade, but as I expected, it made no difference.

So I restarted the mission. Once again, I went to the two trial fields and burned them, and once again there was no comment from Jason about how awesome a weapon the FT was. But then, while I was still in the trial area, I got the "5 of 5 crops burned" message and then it updated to say "Get to the village". When I went into the crop area all crops were already burned and so I had to go straight on to the village. The rest of the mish went OK though and I finally completed it.

????

Art Blade

sounds like you got the exact same problems I had during one playthrough. I actually had that bug two times in a row, in two consecutive playthroughs and only my third went correctly from start. You're not alone out there  :-D

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on May 07, 2013, 03:24:34 PM
the weirdness continues...
:laugh: :-X

I think I'm the only one that never reported anything strange on the weed-burning mission. Weird ::)

As for the Rakyat, all pretty weird too, indeed. I had to discover all the Rakyat trials again like a fresh vanilla first play, and once trying them, I could bail out seconds after the start of it, it would still register as a Rakyat that I completed. No need to actually do my best for it (thank god since I don't think I am able to beat most of my scores ::)) I would still get them counted in the stats and get the ripper for it. Well, on one occasion, I seemed to have missed one. Didn';t know which one it was, so to get 100% completion I needed to try to beat all my own scores. Finally I found which one it was.  ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Quote from: fragger on May 06, 2013, 11:49:42 PM
I started a new game recently and all the Rakyat Trial icons on the map are black, as though I've done them already. Not only that, but when I do complete them, they're not registering in my stats (Handbook) ... it means I'll miss out on earning one of the sig weapons.

And it's one of my faves - the Ripper :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳