Signature Weapons List

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

In case you wonder what signature weapons are:

Unique customised versions of regular weapons that have better stats than you would get when customising the corresponding regular weapons. Signature weapons cannot be customised by the player. You need to unlock them and will then have to buy them from your friendly arms dealer or safehouse vending machine. There will be a new entry in the weapons list called Signature Weapons once you have unlocked your first.

Here is a list of all available signature weapons (without "pre-order" bonus weapons) and what you need to do in order to get them :)

AMR
Sniper Rifle based on a Z93. No suppressor.
Extreme stats (the first three bars are maxed out).
Unlock: Find 20 Relics.

Bull
Shotgun based on an M133.
Very high damage.
Unlock: Find 10 Relics.

Bushman
Assault Rifle based on a P416. With suppressor.
High fire rate
Unlock: Activate all Radio Towers.

Hand Cannon
Revolver based on a .44 Magnum.
Quite powerful.
Unlock: buy with U-play tokens

Japanese Tanto (melee weapon)
Machete replacement.
Increases melee damage.
Unlock: Find 6 Letters Of The Lost.

Ripper
LMG based on an MKG.
Low recoil, extended magazine
Unlock: Successfully complete 6 Trials Of The Rakyat.

Shadow
Pistol based on a 1911. With suppressor.
Unlock: Liberate 17 outposts.

Shredder
SMG based on a Vector .45 ACP. With suppressor.
High fire rate and damage.
Unlock: 10 Memory Cards.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Another kudo, AB  :-X

Can you purchase a suppressor for the AMR?

Art Blade

Thanks, PZ :)

No. You cannot change them in any way.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's a shame; that leaves me out.  One of my favorite weapons is the sniper, but it must be silent.  A favorite technique is to approach an area from far away (far enough so that if the enemy is alerted they still can't find me) and wait until targets go into isolated areas before I pop the zit on their shoulders.

Art Blade

As the AMR is based on a Z93, you should get the Z93 as soon as possible (available after reaching the South) and  buy a suppressor for it :) It is unfortunately not as powerful as the AMR.

PZ

Yes, I have the Z93 with suppressor, extra mag, and high powered scope.  The only weapon I like better is the suppressed AS50 in FC2  :-()

I'm at the Paint it Black mission beginning, but am doing free roaming instead - having a great time finding relics and practicing take-downs.

fragger

Here's another kudo from me too, Art! :-X

Just a word about the Japanese Tanto. If you select it at the vending machine/weapon shop, you won't see an "Equip" button for it. To equip it, you need to double-click on it in the list itself :)

I assume you guys have noticed that some weapons come with a choice of skins/paint jobs?

Art Blade

Thanks, fragger  :)

Indeed, except for the signature weapons, the ones that may be customised show a palette in the customisation menu at the top right of the screen where to buy custom paint jobs.

Binnatics

Good list Art! Since most of the info you find online is worthless nowadays (too many youtube films and unworthy info spread out over too many lacking forums) it's good to make our own lists.

PZ, I highly recommend the Z93 (customized) above the AMR, the difference in damage is nihil speaking of any living targets. It kills what it hits, no matter if you hit a foot or a body-armor, your enemy will drop dead, period! >:D

Art told me that you can notice the difference when shooting at cars. And the sound of an AMR is unbeatable. But for me it just occupies space in my holsters for other great weapons like the grenade launcher ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

thanks, Binnatics :)

The AMR can take out a Jeep with a single shot to the grille -- it will catch alight and blow up seconds later. The Z93 takes 2 or 3 shots or even more to get that job done. Same with those real heavies that wear a bomb squadron armour and helmet, the AMR kills them, the Z93 may take one more shot. The AMR's only downside is the tremendous bang which will give your position away for miles  :-D

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on December 20, 2012, 07:39:13 AM
...The AMR's only downside is the tremendous bang which will give your position away for miles  :-D

Quote from: Binnatics on December 20, 2012, 06:32:41 AM
...And the sound of an AMR is unbeatable...

Funny how the sound can be a downside to one, and a quality to someone else :-D I just love that bang :-X ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

hehe, the reason why I added the info about suppressors to weapons that do have them and as an exception "no suppressor" to the AMR is that I wanted to help the stealthy players who'd definitely go for the AMR first if they were snipers, too, and would be disappointed to find out that they couldn't get it with suppressor. PZ is the best example, he immediately asked if he could get a suppressor for it.

durian

a slap on your back for your effort, Art.  :-X
It's a shame that we have no control over the attachments of them. I find most of them rather disappointing IMO. Like Binnatics, I like AMR because I love the bang of it  ;D (that's also the reason I like AS50 in FC2). Supressed Z93 is my go-to sniper rifle but sometimes I used this bad boy as watching baddies flying backward is priceless  :laugh:

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Jim di Griz

The signature shotgun is pretty handy and makes 'em fly backwards nicely too. I keep it handy for any close encounters  ;) of the Tiger kind  :)

Good list Art  :-X
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Thanks, guys :) Glad if it helps you  :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2012, 09:18:45 PM
As the AMR is based on a Z93, you should get the Z93 as soon as possible (available after reaching the South) and  buy a suppressor for it :) It is unfortunately not as powerful as the AMR.

Can you get the AMR before you go south if you find the 20 relics on North Island?  (might need to purchase a relic map  :-())

durian

Yes you can. When I first learned about it and the requirements, I'd decided to spend time to collect 20 relics as well as some bucks to get this bad boy, the very first sig weapon I got. (bypassed the Bull). I used it instead of Z93 in the mission where you had to snipe the pirates from the water tower.  ^-^

PZ

Excellent!  Thanks for the tip.  I'm using the mod where I am in South Island, but do not have the AMR which I like to do single shot kills on the heavies  :-X

durian

Not sure if you're already aware, AMR can bring down even chopper in 1 shot  ;D

PZ

Yes, I tried that the other day when two yep, count 'em two helos descended on me at one time during an outpost raid.  Those in addition to the heavies with flamethrowers started to wear me down, and I'm on the easiest difficulty level!  :-()

nexor

This AMR is a mean thing

[smg id=5863 type=av align=center caption="FC3 Two Birds, One stone"]

nexor

Quote from: durian on January 08, 2013, 01:31:21 PM
Not sure if you're already aware, AMR can bring down even chopper in 1 shot  ;D

When I took a shot at a chopper a guy fell out of it, then it looked like the chopper was going out of control, I took another shot at the chopper not waiting to see if it really was going out of control, that shot blew it up.
Next time I want to try it again to see if it will go out of control

Art Blade

if you had shot those two Jeeps in that vid (best aim for the grille) they would have blown up with one shot, two max. :)

nexor

I did just that on another occasion, a jeep was coming straight at me and yep one shot in the grille and it blew up    :-()

Art Blade

:-() That is the only reason why I sometimes pack the AMR. Anti-Vehicle Rifle :) One shot to the engine of a rubber boat and it blows up, two shots in the grille of a large patrol "technical" and that blows up, too.

Tags:
🡱 🡳