Sunburst through trees along road from Pala to Mike's Bar

Started by rick2468, April 22, 2009, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick2468

I took the short road from the central bus station in Pala during sunrise and could see the rays shining through the canopy.  It was awesome graphics.  No photo/video though I'm afriad as not got my PS3 set up to do that sort of thing  :)

JRD

I know what you mean...
I (and most of members here) like to sit down somewhere and watch the landscape.
Light effects are incredible here.
Try the southeast safehouse in Bowa at dusk... Its a place I would invite a virtual girlfriend to have dinner with me if my character could speak
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

That sounds beautiful.  I know many of us have just been in awe at the landscape and sunsets etc.

I see you mention PS3, if you're interested I can give you my setup to record gameplay.  It's about $50-$100 of software depending on what you want to do.  Kinda stinks playing on a smallish square on the PC screen vs. a big LCD, but it works when you want to record something specific.

On another note, if you play any games online, let me know and add me as a friend "spaceboy21".  Battlefield Bad Co., Killzone2, and FUEL when it comes out (which will have forums here shortly on openworldgames.org)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: rick2468 on April 22, 2009, 11:53:39 AM
I took the short road from the central bus station in Pala during sunrise and could see the rays shining through the canopy.  It was awesome graphics.  No photo/video though I'm afriad as not got my PS3 set up to do that sort of thing  :)

Many times, the mornings have been breathtakingly beautiful and the sun sparkles on the landscape - the detail amazes me and is one of the reasons that I now play using the game's day/night cycles rather than taking naps to change the time of day.  It is kind of cool to be on a mission at night and then watch the sun rise as you make your way back to Mike's...

Art Blade

I mostly enjoy day/night cycles and don't change much. Well, sometimes I do because it is night and I want to see the bright daylight, and vice versa, or for variety reasons (same location, different time, trying tactics)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Well having played most of my first game thru with night missions the second will incorporate day missions to better view the great terrain. It was  fun racing about at 1-4 a.m. but the experience of first game will probably enchance  my second run..and I'll probably not lose my ride to rollover on cliffs or stuck up on rocks  hehe.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on April 29, 2009, 05:27:06 AMrollover on cliffs or stuck up on rocks  hehe.

hahaha! Man, do you remember the path from Dogon Village to Sefapane? Close to the bridge that leads into Sefapane, there is a rock sticking out to the right, that narrows the road because opposite that rock is a fence and a steep slope. I think I drove there like 20 times, always hammering my truck against that rock, coming to a full stop. The last time I thought, now I'm going to pass that bloody... BANG... rollover, landed on my head. That moment I wished I had a car load of TNT...  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You'll enjoy the daylight travels immensely, retiredgord.  Like you I also did my first play through during the night principally because I wanted to avoid death!  On my latest play, I'm not altering the time of day at all - am just taking what I get.  Interestingly, it becomes another level of immersion when you encounter different weather, times of day, etc. when you travel through the same area.  Combine that with Art's recommendation of keeping the same vehicle and you truly become as immersed into the game as possible.  Quite a change, and it almost makes it like you are playing a new game.

Welcome back to the forum.

retiredgord

My worst spot was always the field to the left of the safehouse in the North by the Airfield. There are ravines that cut across the whole thing and when I try to boogey my way to the safehouse before the sniper in the tower got me..bang...whirrrlll..stuck.  stuck.  THAT DAMN RAVINE would look like a used car lot if not for the game taking them away.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 29, 2009, 07:24:03 AMArt's recommendation of keeping the same vehicle and you truly become as immersed into the game as possible

Thanks for mentioning it, but I think you're the one who deserves the credits for thinking immersion. My tip wasn't intended to help immersion, that came later, as a side effect. It was simply to keep a good weapon on wheels :)

When you start in the North, there are no grenade launchers mounted on trucks. Back then, on my first through, I didn't care much about cars. I used a lot of those boats, you see. But in the South, when I saw the first gren truck, I wanted to get and keep it, since I didn't know their routes. I only learned about that here on this site, on my second through. Now, when I had that truck, it was gone at some point and I thought someone had stolen it. In fact, some mercs did steal it once, and I had to shoot them out of MY car :) So I decided to keep it close and an eye open. When the truck disappeared for no reason I suspected there was a problem involved caused by the game itself, not those mercs. So I found out you better keep it inside the visible map on your handheld :)

But you are right, it does help immersion a lot :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳