the good, the bad and the memorable

Started by RedRaven, April 21, 2009, 02:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

i love this game- the Setting, playability, graphics, simplicity. BUT..... after completing it couple of times and started many times there is 2 things that have become Very Very Annoying, 1) the silly fidgit with weapon animation that happens if you stand still for 20 seconds- infuriating if your sat admiring a good view or doing recon on an outpost. 2) Jump. how low can it be ? not trying to be spiderman or anything but the jump height seems way too low (except for maybe Metal-Mickey-Frank!!!) both points have created my worst memories, the weapon animation cos early on whilst sat paitently waiting for a sniper to walk back into my sights it kicked in and cost me a kill, ended up losing my cover and geting shot from 3 angles. and as for jumping ! most annoying when trying to get to diamonds on roofs, either cant jump high enough or end up over-running roof and end up on floor other side of case - specially north map, sector 9, bus where predecesor tape envelope is and north map, sector 2, almost centre of map left hand side of road between bottom medkit outpost and explosive outpost. lost count of amount o times have attempted jump before making it- And to make matters worse when finally land on target case holds ONLY 1 diamond, just 1.
Anyway rant over but just had to get it off my chest (oddly enough the only other FPS game i play is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the same 2 things peeve me about that too...
Good memories - just a couple or will be writing all night, 1) when discovered could do hand-break turn in the vehicles, now can take 90degree corners at full speed and not crash, great for running down people/animals/outposts. 2) seeing vid on youtube showing planting of I.E.D.s, had found them useless till saw that little gem, its so funny sticking them all on a car and bailing out as it rams into an outpost, guards get all wacthfull and alert then BOOM. if had the ability would record it as vid file for you all to see but dont know how. One more for the road 3) at end of act one when your "buddies" turn must of got killed 7-8 times trying to shoot them all, then had a brain wave - as who ever is stood with case waffles on just run up, grab the case and leg it. that`l show the treacherous scum how to sneak.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I think I read that you play on PC - if so, here's a workaround for you regarding the sniper rifle problem (works for any gun in FC2, I think, I used it with 6p9 and dart rifle)

get your gun, and aim (look through the scope). While aiming, do a quicksave. Now load that savegame... :) You will see that you start the savegame looking through the scope, or, aiming, and you don't have to touch the mouse or keyboard... it will be "glued" to your face :) Until you use the "aim" button or pull down the console (sadly, for screenshots...).

Those jumps... can't help there, sorry.

edit:
the idle animation can be stopped if you back up close to a wall or a rock.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm pretty sure the idle gun animation stops as soon as you move or otherwise use the weapon, like go to sniper view. Could be wrong, though, I hardly ever sit still that long unless ít's intentional to see the animation. This type of thing has been in shooter games for a long time, something for the game to do while you sit there and do nothing I guess.

IRT Art: You can take a screenshot by hitting the print screen key, no need for the console command.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Jumping is quite annoying, but I learned to live with that
The idle animations are cool, unless they blow your cover as you said. You can see your gun on a different angle while sitting watching the view...
I want to add to what D_B said about screenshots. Hit prtscrn while cycling through you weapons. If you hit the key at the right moment, the gun will not show in the screenshot ;)
Takes a liitle practice at first, but as soon as you get the hang of it you will get nice pics (like those of sunset I posted)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

To dismiss the animation, I briefly tough the iron sights key and the weapon immediately returns to the ready position.

RedRaven

do the same as you PZ, its just irksome that i have to, not sure if the enemy can hear the weapons rattle cos some make bit of sound as it happens, just nit-picking really, doesnt stop me playing or spying on outposts for 15-60 mins planning the best time and method of assault.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 22, 2009, 05:10:25 AMIRT Art: You can take a screenshot by hitting the print screen key, no need for the console command.

(I love the expertise in this forum) Thank you D_B, again a very helpful information. Man, now I'm looking forward to doing some screenshots I wouldn't have thought possible before  :-X

what is "IRT"?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Taking a wild guess, In Response To?  Is this correct D_B (or anyone)?

[as you can see from my posts, I like to take wild guesses...]

spaceboy

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

no, he put it right next to it (IRT Art)

by the way, I think you misspelt misspelled

(I know they are exchangeable, misspelt and misspelled... but I like the looks LOL)

Tags:
🡱 🡳