Not Really Memorable, just Weird

Started by Ricamundo, April 09, 2009, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

I was on my way to the Polytechnic to "talk" to a teacher/merc about his lessons, and I had just left a swamp boat and reached a road where I heard the sound of a car right on top of me, but there was no car. :o

I stole a gun truck, and when i started it, it ran, the lights came on, but it had no sound. :o

All around the perimeter of the Polytechnic, I kept hearing the sounds of a car on the road, or a swamp boat going by, but i was quite alone since i had killed everyone.

I continued to meet my buddy at the airstrip, and when these weird phenomena continued, i decided to delete my last 3 or 4 saves, and exit the game.

When i restarted, i re did the entire mish, and it was normal. That was the first time i encountered any type of bug, if thats what it was.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Thanks for that symptom list Ricamundo, it is nice to hear of the various problems so that we are aware once we encounter them.  Fortunately this has been a rare occurrence for me.

spaceboy

Maybe it's the DLC Ghost Merc Pack!  just kidding.  Haven't heard too many bugs from the folks here, are you running PC or console?  I can't remember.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Ricamundo

PC all the way. I know i've done that mish on earlier playthru's with no sound oddities like this one. Anywho, if that's the biggest bug i ever encounter playing FC2 then im not losing any sleep. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

Glitch in the sound card memory, or how the game was accessing it. You probably didn't even need to delete your save games, just a restart might have fixed it. There's also the console command evict_resources that clears things up for me, but I never had a glitch to try it on like that. I use it when the game starts bogging down and that cleans things out and it runs good again.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳