Some odd shots

Started by fragger, March 25, 2012, 05:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I was going through my FC2 screenshot folder and I found some caps that I'd forgotten I'd ever taken. Not surprising as I've accumulated hundreds of them over the three years or so that I've been playing this game. I'm hard-put to think of any other title that offers as much scope for screenpic diversity as FC2, by dint of the changing weather and lighting conditions and the flexible dynamics of the thing.

Here's a few old pics I came across – except for the first one, which I just took earlier tonight:

And how many times have I played this game? And yet I never noticed this detail on the Fortune weapons crate – the Anglo-fied "Cyrillc" lettering:

[smg id=4132 align=center width=600]

Speaking of ammo, here's more than you can shake a stick at – or even two sticks:

[smg id=4133 align=center width=600]

Marty casts a giant shadow:

[smg id=4134 align=center width=600]

By the light of the silvery moon (and a few flares):

[smg id=4135 align=center width=600]

"No officer, I have no weed in the car, honest..."

[smg id=4136 align=center width=600]

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dummer:

[smg id=4137 align=center width=600]

"Hey, kiss my – er, never mind..."

[smg id=4138 align=center width=600]

"Where in FC2" moment... Where is this? (No, I don't know what that black thing at the top of the pic is)

[smg id=4139 align=center width=600]

And a pat on the back for anyone who can say where these two locations are:

[smg id=4140 align=center width=600]

[smg id=4141 align=center width=600]

nexor

Nice pics fragger.you so right mate I don't think there will ever be another game like FC2

Binnatics

Great pics Fragger!!

I like the one with the 'drug transport'  :-X ^-^

I have a wild guess on the second "where in FC2".
Spoiler
Is it in Swasana, opposite of the actual village?

:laugh: @ the butt kisser :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

very nice pics, fragger :) I like the flares and moon pic :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great pics fragger!

Spoiler
Not sure, but the first pic looks like the guard post on the river leading to Schwasana (which is off to the right), but I can't place the other two at all

mandru

I'm thinking the first pic is close to the end of the game and the second is near the rout of the cab ride into Pala at the start.  I wish I could put a time lock on my detailed answers until the contest is over so I could put in a guess now but held back so I'm not competing for kudos someone else could win.

If these are where I think they are anyone guessing right would deserve kudos whether they were first of fifth.  ;)

Spoiler
Pic #1 looks to be on the far side of the fence at the border crossing.  We've discussed slipping around that barrier.  The bricked up building being the spot where we exchange the Jackal's diamonds for the refugee right of passage.  I'm drawing heavily on the way the fence cuts off the face of the building from the side we would have approached in game and all of those big truck tire marks in the foreground.

Pic#2 In the opening footage of the game during the cab ride there is the GP where the two water buffalo block us from proceeding momentarily.  Due North of that GP is the canyon that provides access to the backside of Mokuba shanty town (which I use a lot to take out Yoseff's dirty used car salesman) and I think this is the pool (fed by a waterfall out of frame to the left) that has a diamond case and we are facing South back towards the buffalo GP.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Thanks guys :)

PZ is correct about the "Where in FC2" pic. It's taken from a spot on the cliffs near the other and much higher GP just to the east, the one with the high bridge and the sniper.

mandru is half right - the first of the two other pics is indeed inside the border crossing/refugee camp at the end of the game. What the heck, you can have a kudo for that, my friend :-()

But there's still a kudo up for whoever can get the last one. Hints: it's in Bowa-Seko; expand the image and look carefully through the trees just right of centre. I actually found the spot by accident when I was running away from some mercs and I got lost in the bush. I was determined to see if I could find my way back without using the map and I found that spot, which I thought provided a neat view.

EDIT: Typed the post, sent it, then blithely went on to peruse the forum for half an hour whilst forgetting to give mandru his kudo... sorry mate! You have it now though :)

PZ

This is fun fragger - having hints in the photos is a great idea!

Spoiler
You got me on the last one though - I can't quite make out enough detail, but it kind of looks like the Jackal's fort  ????

mandru

I missed the second one?   :o

Wow, here I'd thought I'd figured out all the crooks and nannies in the game ( ;) I'm a spooner too I was five before I got that thinger and fumb thing worked out  :laugh: ).

I'm even in the wrong half of the maps!  Even knowing that this was shot in the Southern maps everything these tired old eyes see for clues keeps dumping me back up North which I now know is wrong.   :-\\

I keep thinking "fragger's a straight forward guy, he wouldn't flip the image horizontally on us would he?  Nah!"  I'm going to have to go into the game and look at the only spot in the South I can think of that even comes close to that shot.
- mandru

fragger

I promise I didn't flip the picture :-()

OK, another clue then - there's a diamond case nearby.

mandru

I'm always in and back out of this area so fast that I never realized you could hop up on the boulders to get that view of the pond.   :D

Spoiler

Go West out of mosate Selao and take the first right going North along the river (past the GP you have to glider over to pick up the diamond case on the high ledge) until you hit the Underground location.  Your shot was taken a stones throw to the S.W. of there where there is indeed a diamond case.  :-X
- mandru

fragger

Well done mandru, you win the lucky door prize :-X

Actually, it's a kudo. I know you got one already, but I said there was another one out there, so here it is ;D

mandru

- mandru

fragger

fragger

It just occurred to me that those hundreds of screen pics I mentioned at the start of this topic all went down the gurgler along with my old hard drive. I never bothered backing them up - that many images would have taken up more space on my backup drive than I was prepared to give them. Not to worry, I'll just start over :-D

Art Blade

hehe :) I usually migrate that stuff -- I still have screen shots from PCs that have long ceased existing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I remember trying to recover stuff from a broken harddrive. That was an awful w@&k. And all I could finally save were some word- and excel documents. That was the most important stuff, although I still regret the photo's I had on that disc were lost for good.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Here's a few new odd shots:

Road rage doesn't just happen in the city:
[smg id=4314 align=center width-=600]

Shwasana Sunrise:
[smg id=4315 align=center width-=600]

You can almost see the ticks:
[smg id=4316 align=center width-=600]

This must be the most out-of-the-way safehouse in the game:
[smg id=4317 align=center width-=600]
[smg id=4318 align=center width-=600]

Another "Where is this?" picture:
[smg id=4319 align=center width-=600]
Spoiler
[smg id=4320 align=center width-=600]

PZ

Fantastic shots fragger; how did you get to that sniper point in the last image?  What a great spot - I need to make my way there.

TheStranger

Quote from: fragger on April 16, 2012, 02:44:51 AM
Here's a few new odd shots:

Road rage doesn't just happen in the city:
[smg id=4314 align=center width-=600]

Who else thought about blowing that cars up? Be honest  :-()

Ah how did you get up there to look at
Spoiler
the Cock-Fights
?

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on April 16, 2012, 10:30:09 AM
Fantastic shots fragger; how did you get to that sniper point in the last image?  What a great spot - I need to make my way there.

Agreed. Fantastic shots. I love sniping so I wan to get to that sweet spot, please tell us, fragger!  :-X

mandru

Indeed another good series of shots fragger but the shot in the spoiler of the map revealed that there's a clearly marked pathway off to the West of that area that I had never noticed before.  ???

Spoiler

Typically I will arrange to start out in that area to get the flame thrower as my specialty weapon and because of my being so familiar with the compound it never occurred to me to actually look at the area map.  I had to drop everything and make a run up North in my current game (using a GLAT of course  ;) ) to get in there and stomp it out on foot so I could see what I'd been missing.

Amazing FC2 can still surprise me.  :laugh:
- mandru

fragger

That path to the west of Cock Fights was a new one on me too, I only just stumbled across it during my current go-around. After recently posting about the railway south of the SW Weapon Shop in Leboa and subsequently finding out that I was about the last one here to know about it, I thought I'd probably be the last one to know about this one too so I didn't point it out. It's a tricky one to spot from the road and I've never really had any occasion to study the detail map of Cock Fights closely enough to notice it there.

To get to that sniping spot, start from this bend in the road - Cock Fights on the left at the bottom of the hill, the start of the path on the right:
[smg id=4331 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4332 align=center width=600]

You'll see that the path begins with a steepish upslope, then levels out a bit. As you move along the path you'll initially see it curves slightly to the left before going down into a depression. Go all the way to the opposite side of the depression to about the point shown below:
[smg id=4333 align=center width=600]

Then look to your left and seek out this bit of rock. You can get up to the top of the embankment here by doing a few run/jumps (may take three or four):
[smg id=4334 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4335 align=center width=600]

Once up there you'll be presented with this view:
[smg id=4336 align=center width=600]

Move to your right along the top of the embankment - at the end of it is a big roundish rock which you can just walk up onto. The top of this rock is where I took the picture from. Facing CF from there you can drop down a bit and find a variety of lower sniping spots from which to wreak righteous havoc.

Have fun and happy sniping!

fragger

Forgot to mention that it looks as though you could also target the mercs at the GP just east of CF from up on the embankment. If you can rile them up enough to get them to run towards you, they'll end up having a merc war with the CF guys for sure! I haven't tried this yet, but I will once I've finished here >:D

mandru

There's a ledge running along the other side of the main road passing through the CF area which is usually where I launch my assaults against the mercs there.

I find that if I can come in from the West, parking my ride and moving on foot while hanging to the North to avoid being spotted I can place a strip of IEDs at a mid point between the Arena and that GP you mentioned.  I then take up a sheltered position to avoid detection on that ledge and then trigger the IEDs.  Sitting back with a tub of popcorn I get to watch the fun when the two groups come to check out what all the fuss is about. With the PC I can set a save point right before I place the IEDs so I can do it over and over. >:D
- mandru

Tags:
đŸĄ± 🡳