Some odd shots

Started by fragger, March 25, 2012, 05:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

PZ

Nice find again, fragger - you seem to be making a habit of finding new sniper hides - this is the second one you've posted that I never knew about.  Kudos to fragger :-X

ninzza

Indeed, nice find fragger.

I like the "Kiss my, eh never mind" pic  :laugh:

fragger

PZ

I just visited fragger's spot, Cock Fight Arena (that's my name for fragger's new sniper hide) and had a great time.  I went through the area at night and started a merc war.  Running through the gap indicated in fragger's screen capture, I saw a flare launched by a merc, lighting up the dark Leboa night time sky.  Then turning back, a merc must have followed me because I saw a grenade explode not far ahead - but at that time I found the way up to the sniper hide.

As I worked my way to an ideal position, the mercs were running in chaos, but most of them were dead - two darts later and the place was cleared.  This was an entirely new layer of fun in an area that I had always formerly run through in attempts to get merc wars started.  Now I can return from the Junk Yard, and have a sniper fest.  :-()

Because this was a somewhat hidden pathway to a perfect sniper position, much like fragger found in the Polytechnic, I wonder just how many other sniper hides are associated with main areas.

fragger seems to have a natural talent for finding these hides - I hope he finds more  :-()

fragger

nexor

Has anyone ever taken note of what is written on the cassette tape in the radio's

Spoiler
[smg id=4348]Zoom in   It made me check it out
Spoiler
[smg id=4347 type=av]

Art Blade

I did see that label earlier but never checked out Los Tres Del Río. I actually like the song, thanks for pointing it out :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - good one nexor - must be a fav of one of the devs.  :-()

fragger

Sorry to tell you this nexor, but I already covered that here :-() Mind you, it was almost two years ago and I'm sure I posted it well before you signed up, so I think you can be forgiven :-D Still a great bit of detail spotting, nice one mate :-X

nexor

Quote from: fragger on April 20, 2012, 01:12:00 AM
Sorry to tell you this nexor, but I already covered that

\:/    :-D   :'(

Binnatics

Funny how things can come together: I was looking at recently uploaded media and found your upload, which caught my attention. I checked the song and loved it from the beginning; then I tried to check out where you'd posted it. First I though of all the music topics but no, finally I found this post of your hand and was still surprised to see the tape ^-^ :-X

Good find!!

Edit:
... and you too Fragger :-D

I know Los Tres Del Rio from the Salsa parties I've been to (not to dance, I can't dance la Salsa) as the bartender at my local pub. I love the sweater Salsa songs, like this one, although I didn't know this particular song, and other songs they call Bachata.
There's another song I really like, somehow the same league, which I posted already in the Country and Western topic, but I guess I can double post the song now ;D

This song, Malageña Salerosa, is also performed by Los Tres Del Rio but I prefer this version:
Kill Bill vol. 2 Soundtrack - Malagueña Salerosa (Chingon)
It's the kind of song I can listen to the whole night with the cd player on repeat
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Here's the latest innovation in merc engineering - the mobile bridge support:
[smg id=4375 align=center width=600]

Temptation city...
[smg id=4376 align=center width=600]

Great view from up here, despite some of the texture drawing problems (like the one below the hills at upper left). Can you spot the location? (I know, it's pretty easy...)
[smg id=4377 align=center width=600]
Spoiler
[smg id=4378 align=center width=600]

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Good pics fragger, in the second one (I recognize it as Sefapane), I use the 6P9 from the roof of the headquarters to touch off the flammables.  There was at least one time that I didn't even touch off the "Escape from town" message.  I've never been to the spot in the last pic, although I regularly ambush the GLAT from behind the building.

fragger

PZ, I've been onto a couple of the lower ledges at that spot in the last pic, but never before realised it was possible to get up so high, almost to the very top.

I too usually ambush the GLAT from the rocks behind the Weapon Shop, or sometimes I take a running jump from those rocks onto the armory roof and do the ambushing from there.

Interesting that you were able to avoid triggering the "escape" message at Sefapane on occasion by targeting flammables, I'll have to see if I can pull that off sometime :-X

PZ

Quote from: fragger on May 04, 2012, 06:26:03 AM
Interesting that you were able to avoid triggering the "escape" message at Sefapane on occasion by targeting flammables, I'll have to see if I can pull that off sometime :-X

I consider those times flukes that may or may not be repeated, because almost every time I go into that town I torch the flammables from my position on the roof  :-()

fragger

8)

One of my fave methods of dealing with Sefapane is to climb the church tower and shoot flares out the window, dropping them all around town. The mercs never seem to know where the flares are coming from and some great chain reactions of flammables can be started :-X

PZ

That's one I've not tried although I used to frequent the tower.  My method was the dart, but even with that silent weapon the mercs always knew where I was.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳