FC2 Realistic Weapons Pack V1.1.1 Hotfix

Started by TheFishlord, March 15, 2012, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishlord

UPDATE: Version 1.1.1 out, fixes the overabundance of flamethrowers and adds another treat...

Gamefront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21445157/Realistic+Weapons+Pack+1.1.1.zip

And of course you can find it on OWG, right up there under downloads.

The big change is that shotgun mercs are back in, and M79 mercs are now in as well. A few tweaks to recoil, accuracy, and carrying capacity as well.

I know I've been doing a very snappy release pace here, one every two or three days, but expect that to change - I have been on my spring break for the past week, and I've had lots of otherwise boring time to experiment and test. I will tentatively say I can make enough improvements that I can release another next weekend. But unfortunately, releases are going to be further apart now until summer rolls around.

Everyone who's downloaded, tested, and/or helped me out in any way, thanks again for your support. Knowing you guys are out there with a sub-perfect product is what keeps me improving the mod  ^-^

Old release:

Spoiler

PZ

Can't wait to try it - excited to see the merc behavior now, especially the ones with the flamethrowers!  I've never seen the effects of the flame thrower from the perspective of an observer rather than a user.

:-X

PZ

Just installed your mod, played a bit by antagonizing the mercs in Pala, and got to see the flamethrower mercs!  It was funny how they lit the environment on fire.   :-X

I'm now going back into the game to see how other parts w@&k.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcz9U6jWnYg#ws

TheFishlord

Glad you like it  ^-^ I just noticed, there is a bug that means that no shotgun mercs will spawn, only riflemen and flamethrower mercs. I've fixed it and it will be out in the next version, flamethrowers should not be that common.

PZ

I kind of like the flamethrower mercs because their range is not that far.  Now I can approach a place and not have to fear that a merc is going to see me from 10 miles away, and shoot at me with deadly accuracy  :-()

Here is a flamethrower merc in Mosate Selao
[smg id=4091 align=center width=500]

... and here is his attempt to get me
[smg id=4092 align=center width=500]

PZ

More flamethrower mercs because they are so cool - they stand on the river banks and shoot their flames, but the heat does not reach you - they even wade into the water trying to get close enough, but alas, it is all in vain.

On an aside, it is amazing what a simple change to the game mechanics will do for the gaming experience.  All prior times I passed this riverside guard post, I simply blasted through with my swamp boat, but this time I stopped to do battle with the mercs.  I must say that it is so refreshing that they are not the world class marksmen that they once were.  :-()

[smg id=4094 align=center width=400]
[smg id=4095 align=center width=400]
[smg id=4093 align=center width=400]
[smg id=4096 align=center width=400]

PZ

I just finished a session where I attacked Mosate Selao, and I am very pleased with the outcome.  The mod made the encounter much more realistic because the weapons are like their real-life counterparts.  I like this mod.  :-X

PZ

More fun at the post office - climbed to the roof of my favorite garage as usual when the mercs noticed my presence.  I hardly had time to fire off a shot when flamethrower mercs came running to the scene - it was hilarious - they pointed the flamethrower in my direction and neglected to notice that they had friends in front of them.  A few screams later and the friends were toast.  They also failed to notice the dried grass and other flammables - all I had to do was duck and the bulk of the bolus vaporized. 

There were stragglers that came in from the outlying areas, but they were easy to dispatch with the AR16  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Fun and funny - I just finished PetroSahel, and there were careless flamethrower mercs there as well.  :-()

fragger

That sounds like a classic "bull in a china shop" scenario ;) :laugh:

PZ

Pretty much...  :-()

I'm also playing FC2 on the console now so I can get all the Jackal tapes.  In some ways it is a frustrating experience after playing the modded version on the PC because the mechanics are so wonky in the vanilla game.  For instance, as I recall JRD complaining about a long time ago, you have to empty your clip into a merc just to make him go down - I experienced this with the 6P9.  Also using the mounted saw on an assault truck is just about useless.  I literally sprayed a guard post until the barrel melted and still they kept on coming.

However, with TheFishLord's mod, the mounted saw behaves as a machine gun should - it takes out the bad guys in a reasonable manner.   

Modding SP has been the best experience ever.  :-X

PZ

Weelegol Village is experiencing a problem
[smg id=4106 align=center]

Oh look... I think I see some dangerous activity  :-()
[smg id=4107 align=center]

fragger

Nice 8) :-X

I haven't gotten around to trying out the modding side of FC2 as yet (too much other stuff going on). But I would just like to slap TheFishlord on the back and say thanks for making such a great contribution to OWG. Take a bow, and here's a kudo - well done! :-D

PZ

Try it some time - you won't regret it, especially with how easy it now is to install and revert the modded game.  You basically just copy TheFishLords two patch files into the proper FC2 game folder and you're done - no messing with gibbed's tools unless you're a mod developer.  :-()

When you want to revert back to vanilla, simply use your original patch files.  However, I doubt that you'd ever want to go back - the game is so much more realistic using the mod.  ;)

nexor

I had a look at the mods you did TheFishLords, man... that must have been a lot of w@&k, I thought gibbed gave FC2 new life when he introduced the modding concept, but what you are doing goes far beyond that, and if I had any say around here I would make you a Honorary member...... >:D :angel:

I will never get to utilize all those mods, the only ones I would like to implement is the changes to the S50 and the M16, the M16 I managed to make it full auto, thanks to gibbed and increased the magazine from 30 rounds to 90 thanks to you, both guns do need a bit more power and accuracy, I must just figure out where to look
and what to change        :D

I know most of the guys have said thank you for what you doing, THANK YOU    :bow

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor on March 19, 2012, 10:47:06 AMif I had any say around here I would make you a Honorary member

Take a look at his new title :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

I just installed the latest version of the mod and man is it tough with those M79 mercs!  I went into the border crossing and didn't last two minutes.  This is definitely the mod for those that don't find FC2 a challenge on infamous.  :-()

For me however, I think I need to go back to the v1.1 version.  :-D

nexor

PZ, did these mods change your jumping mod or not, I would like to install it but wouldn't like to lose my jumping ability as that is giving me that added advantage

PZ

Jumping is not a feature of this mod, so your ability to do the high jump is returned to normal.  However, I believe the jumping was something that the cheats trainer installed - are you using that?

nexor

No, I changed it in the player file, I think it's the same place you did your mod, I installed patch 1.1.1 and
looking at the changes made, TheFishLords notes are,  M16 is now fully automatic. ROF increased to 850 rpm
-M16 ammo max set to 210 rounds.
besides the M16 auto mod I got from gibbed the ROF doesn't seem to have changed and the ammo max shows 180 and not 210     ???
I replaced the 2 patch files with the ones I had so I can go back to my last mod,  my high jump is staying normal,  when I load a previous save my high jump is back, but when I load the last save my high jump is gone........me, i'm so confused     :-\\ :D

PZ

There are legacy items left in the save files, and the high jump is one of those.  They should disappear with the next full save.  TheFishLord did not change the jump as far as I am aware, but it sounds like something that would be useful.  Maybe he can upload his xml files so you can make the jump changes and build the patch to your liking.

Tags:
🡱 🡳