Halo Anniversary

Started by Fiach, November 18, 2011, 12:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

The Hi Def version of this game has hit the stores this week, I played it on PC and the old black XBOX back in the day, I also played it (the original) after Halo Reach recently, when Halo Reach was released.

Whille Halo is the first game in the series, Halo Reach (released last year) is a prequel, so the Halo Anniversary is made from the Halo Reach engine.

The game starts as the Pillar of Autumn has escaped from the end of the Halo Reach story arc and is orbiting the eponymous Halo, the enemy have also arrived at the same destination, in pursuit of the pillar of Autumn.

This game is the first introduction of the Master Chief character to the Halo universe as he is thawed out of cryogenic hibernation, his first mission is to escape the severely damaged spaceship.

I only played the introductory mission, but crikey the game looks awesome and the shooting controls are just so tight (no iron sights or auto aim and they are not needed).

Anyone that has a 360 will most likely have played this game, if not, then I would suggest getting this (€35 in Tescos) and Halo Reach for xmas, for a thrilling and epic shooter.

I'm quite looking forward to playing it again when the kids are done with it.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

retiredgord

;) Ah yes. The Halo series 1 and 2 on the OLD x-box. Yes Art, I'm older than the original xbox, and the original Pong too, but I digress. I hafta while the mind is still intact. These games were my initiation into xbox thru my son-in-law. He was a very good player and had me start to learn on his unit. It was quite an experience and I found it to be the best "alien" shooter game I played. I should wipe the dust off and try  some of my favorite levels again. Anyway, even though they were linear they were better than most games that had been marketed, IMHO.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Binnatics

I have enjoyed playing Halo 2 a lot, last year. I desided to pick an old title which still intriged me. The gameplay was great, and damn hard. One of the hardest 'nightmare' difficulties I've ever experienced. The graphics were kind of dated, which was a disappointment, but only at the start.
Why the H~* didn't they release Halo 3 etc. and Reach for PC? This last one will probably not come out for PC either  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Halo 2 would be widely regarded as the weakest in the series.

Why not on PC? Well, its to draw people into the 360 fold and especially the XBOXLIVE experience, which is like a licence to print money.

The Halo storyline would chronologically look like this.

Halo Wars (a RTS game, which is what HALO was originally intended to be, prior to Microsoft buying Bungie and changing it to a FPS game).
Halo Reach, it was released late in the series, after Halo 3, but is a prequel to Halo 1
Halo 2 and Halo ODST occur at the same time, H2 is about Masterchief, ODST is about an elite team of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.
Halo 3

I would buy a 360, just to play that series, let alone all the other exclusives available on that console. A good overarcing storyline, the games look great and play great, The MP is supposed to be top-notch too.

Gord, it is a totally new experience in comparison to the original, the GFX are done on the Halo Reach engine, the shooting controls are MUCH tighter.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I hadn't posted in this topic, yet for Gord it was completely out of the question that I could miss his remark.  :-D Oh and Gord, it didn't occur to me to compare your age with how long consoles are around, good thinking there :)

I was more inclined to think whether chess had been invented when he was born.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳