Co-Op query (Halo related)

Started by Fiach, November 18, 2011, 12:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I dont play co-op, but my kids were going away for the weekend, so I got the Halo Anniversary game (Basically the original Halo game from the black XBOX, in Hi Def), for them to play while they are away (its way in the sticks and gets dark early).

Anyway, they were playing a bit last night and when it was time to stop, they quit out of the game and there was no save option. I raised the query on a forum, to be told you cannot save co-op progress in Halo.

Is this normal in co-op games and if so, why bother playing them?

I dont get it ???
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Portal2 saves your progression, for both players independently -- you could do "missions" in random order and over again so you could have 100% completion already while a new co-op partner might only have 20%. Kind of nice :)

Apart from Portal2 I don't remember co-op savegames. Why bother? Fun.. It's like a challenge, see how far you can get together. Then try again next time.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Just seems really stupid, they played for 1.5-2 hours last night and were gutted when they couldn't save progress, I never played co-op except for Borderlands, to give my alts weapons or to store nice stuff for future replays, but it saved the transactions, so I never thought any further about it.

Cheers for clearing that up Art :)

Art Blade

Welcome, Fiach :)

Come to think of it, when Binnatics and I met playing BulletStorm co-op, we needed to stay in game for a couple of hours to get to the final stage.. no saving the game.. no bailing out.. all you could do was take a break. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Yeah, its different for adults, they can stay up a wee bit later than kids :)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳