Started by mandru, October 07, 2011, 05:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Very cool, and very well done :-D 8) :-X

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

That first vid is very, very cool  :-X

That second one is like a world-wide game of telephone gone horribly wrong  ^+-+

spaceboy

yeah I saw that Playstation vid.  It's great seeing so many well loved characters like that.  It takes a few viewings to see some things.  Did you see Chell leap out of a Portal behind Sweet Tooth (playing chess with Sackboy lol).  It may not mean as much to non-PS3ers with so many PS only characters in there, but there it's neat enough, plus it has multiplat heroes like Ezio and Chell... :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Binnatics

Very nice vid indeed, good commercial. I do recognize some of the characters, not all.

Oh, and of course; TO ARTHUR!!!! And a lot more dark beer  :-)) :P
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

Quote from: Binnatics on October 07, 2011, 01:06:14 PM
Very nice vid indeed, good commercial. I do recognize some of the characters, not all.

Oh, and of course; TO ARTHUR!!!! And a lot more dark beer  :-)) :P

oh yeah,  I love me some dark beers.   Oktoberfest is HERE!!!

PZ

Fiach

Who is the chick in gold armour beside Kratos and who is the wee girl with glowing eyes at 1.38 ?
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Is the girl with the glowing eyes the one from F.E.A.R.? I can't remember whether her eyes glowed or not, or even if that game was released for consoles.

I'd like to know who the dude with his head on fire is.

mandru

Quote from: fragger on October 07, 2011, 06:38:06 PM
I'd like to know who the dude with his head on fire is.

The one spaceboy called Sweet Tooth playing chess?  He may belong to the ice cream truck with the clown head on it that was in the shadows out front  that the two solders walked in past.

As spaceboy had suggested I gave the clip a few more viewings.

The multiple eyes of werewolves through the trees as the two soldiers approached the lounge made me laugh.

There was a picture of the character from ParapaRap with the coat check girl.

Was that little robot Wall-E who slipped down the hallway behind the wolf hounds there in the lounge enterance?

I saw Ratchet and had to stop and admire Snake's active cammo suit several times as he leaned up against the wall.  There were also many that I couldn't even begin to venture a guess at because I'm not familiar with the PS3 stable.  I have to say they uploaded this video in a resolution set high enough that it looks great when I blow it up full screen to fill my monitor.

I too Fiach wanted to know who the girl in the cute but grim little dress with the glowing eyes was.   ????

- mandru

deadman1

The little girl with the eyes are most likely one of the little sisters from Bioshock.  :) That was a well made film, even I who isn´t a PS3 player could recognize some of the people.

Art Blade

the first was a very nice ad :) I really liked Snake's camo suit there, too  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Sweet Tooth the flaming headed clown is from the Twisted Metal series, car combat. 

Pretty sure the little gal is from Bioshock

the little robot in the beginning is from MGS4, maybe from others, he goes with Snake,

Mandru - you mention Ratchet,  who is that?  I only know of Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank and he's not in here (a cartoony Lombax).

mandru

Quote from: spaceboy on October 08, 2011, 07:58:10 AM
Mandru - you mention Ratchet,  who is that?  I only know of Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank and he's not in here (a cartoony Lombax).

:-D

At 1:45 near Ezio's right elbow big broad ears and cartoony.   ;)

Unfortunately Clank wasn't visible that I've spotted so far and I think the guy with the stand up hair standing next to the football player is Paul Phoenix who would also be from one of the episodes of Bioshock.
- mandru

spaceboy

oh wow mandru, he's right there and I missed him, too busy looking at Ezio I guess.  You almost have to pause each scene!  Now at one of the tables is a bald guy (Hitman maybe?) and I think a MW2 soldier with the skeleton "mask" over his face, am I right?  But who is the third guy in body armor of some sort?

fragger

That is Hitman at the table, you see the back of his bar-coded head at 1:14.

Binnatics

^+-+@myself.

I thought "why are they pointing the places where these people are so exactly? I mean, isn't it accurate enough to just say I see Ratchet at 2 o'clock? And hitman at the table at 1 o'clock?
Then I realize you're pointing at the time someone appears in the vid. Stupid me :D :D :D :knockout
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

lol Binnatics, too much "Rage"-induced brain strain lately I think!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: spaceboy on October 08, 2011, 12:56:45 PM
But who is the third guy in body armor of some sort?

I believe that's Rico from the Killzone series.

EDIT:  Oh wait, never mind.  I was looking past the guy you're talking about - that's the guy from Dead Space.  I was wondering why you didn't recognize a character from Killzone space!  ^+-+  On that note, if you watch the background there are three Helghast soldiers lurking around behind Kratos and Athena  :-D

I saw Paul Pheonix there too, but I know him from Tekken.  Does he appear in other games too?  Oh man, there's too much detail in such a short commercial!  :-X  Did anyone notice that Nathan Drake is talking to one of the characters from Mass Effect?

mandru

You're right mmosu, I misstated Paul Phoenix as being in Bioshock.

I was Googleing images under "Who's who Long Live Play" and came across a picture of Paul Phoenix that had Bioshock as part of the image description on the thumbnail.  When you pointed out that there was a possible error I examined a wiki list of the Bioshock cast of characters and Paul wasn't part of that game.

Good job on placing him correctly.  :-X
- mandru

spaceboy

Ah, Dead Space, thanks mmosu - I thought he looked familiar but of course I haven't played that game.  I was kind of dissapointed the Helghast soldiers didn't speak or at least give a "Yeah!" at the end, I mean the Chimeran growled!  They do have personalities in the game afterall, but oh well :)

mmosu

Their soot-soaked growl and thick Cockney accent would have been a nice touch, I agree  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳