PS3
Xbox 360
PC
Multiple
All

Smith Lords

I use my 360. How about you?Thanks for that Space boy. :-X

spaceboy

PS3 for me.  And I moved the topic to Questions.  You were right, it's probably better here.

FYI Member Tiny Shot is looking for 360 players.  Most of our members are PC, with a few scattered PS3 and Xbox guys.  But we're growing...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

retiredgord

Retiredgord here..use the PS3.  I have an 360 but it's not reading any disks
It might be the laser set-up but wondering if I should get a new one...a little more than getting the other fixed.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

PC here... since a looooong time.
Any console is extremely expensive here in Brazil... like US$ 1.000 or more, and FC2 goes for about US$100 today.. even more expensive at release!!!
Since we all know we get lots of games during a year, I would need another job just to afford my gaming...
A good PC goes for about the same price, even cheaper if you negotiate and I can use it to w@&k and study at home, internet surfing, control of my home budget etc... so it is surely my best choice ;)

Sad, I know, but true!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

PS3 for me because it's easy and convenient.  Besides, Gran Turismo 5 has spectacular graphics on 1080p - you can count the pebbles in the tarmac. 

However, I just bought the parts to build my first dedicated gaming PC - I just have to get into the core of the game and do cool things like easy screen caps and vids.

JRD

GT5 is a strong reason for me to dream about a PS3... its never been released to PC, sadly...
The original GT is one of my favourite racing games ever.
I love how you have to manage your cash to purchase cars and spare parts, tune it up and get the licenses.... much more fun than just pick a car, a course and go.
Whatever game that makes me think and demands a strategy developed will get my thumbs up!!

Ricamundo

PC all the way for me, not only for shooters, but i love my wheel/pedals with my racing games.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

PC - haven't owned a console since the original Playstation which is in my attic. Mod Chipped too, ahem.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PC here - never had a console. But PCs since those 286 :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 16, 2009, 07:36:22 AM
GT5 is a strong reason for me to dream about a PS3... its never been released to PC, sadly...
The original GT is one of my favourite racing games ever.
I love how you have to manage your cash to purchase cars and spare parts, tune it up and get the licenses.... much more fun than just pick a car, a course and go.
Whatever game that makes me think and demands a strategy developed will get my thumbs up!!

GT5 is a fantastic game JRD, - the music is superb, quite jazzy when you're purchasing a car or viewing the tracks that you might want to use.  The physics of the cars is excellent too.  I drive a Subaru STI, and the one in the game handles almost the same.  My wife car is a Mugen Honda (she hates to drive though so I'm always the driver) and the handling of her in game car is also almost the same.  I had heard that GT5 is sometimes used as a "test drive" simulator.

JRD

Oh man PZ... now I'm miserable...
I don't like racing games too much because they are quite the same.
As I said, pick a car, a course and go... not my kind of game. I get bored after a few races.
But GT... noooooo, GT has a touch of strategy and planning in it!!!
I'm thinking about Burnout Paradise to fill the gap. Anyone familiar?

spaceboy

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

In the meantime, check out Test Drive unlimited. An entire isle (Owahu, Hawaii) to be explored (5,000 miles of road) and great races.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Thanks guys.. wil check those for sure. I've been reading about Fuel and it seems great!
Test Drive is one I'm not familiar though, will check on gamespot or something like that

Ricamundo

Quote from: JRD on April 16, 2009, 11:14:36 AM
Oh man PZ... now I'm miserable...
I don't like racing games too much because they are quite the same.
As I said, pick a car, a course and go... not my kind of game. I get bored after a few races.
But GT... noooooo, GT has a touch of strategy and planning in it!!!
I'm thinking about Burnout Paradise to fill the gap. Anyone familiar?

Ironically, I don't race much offline, as you say, it's kinda boring against the A.I. but unlike shooters which I ONLY play SP, I love online play with my racing games. Have for years actually. I haven't tried TDU as I heard the online play was laggy as hell. I'm not familiar with Burnout Paradise, unfortunately.

I've been playing a little known racing game called World Racing 2(its German) for years. The online servers can be amazingly competitive, and the modding community around this game is great.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Funny, being both a race fan and German, I don't know WR2.
TDU was great offline, I usually don't race online. The only time I did, I experienced tremendous lags, resulting in a sync loss and all... no way to win a race that way.

Ricamundo

Hey Art, here's a link to the developer's site. You can try the demo if you wish. http://www.synetic.de

Art Blade

RedRaven

PC for me everytime, got a wii aswell but thats for lego star wars !!!
one of my best mates has PS3 and he prefers that over PC`s but we have very similar taste in games, after seeing FarCry2 on my mid-range PC (AMD dual64X 4200+ cpu, 2GB DDR RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7300GT) he got it for PS3 and was blown away by richness of graphics. has anyone played the version of Farcry on the wii? any good?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Excellent question, I forgot that there was a version for the Wii

RedRaven

somewhere on internet (dont recall where tho) someone was really slagging it off, (too many narky people with nothing intelligent or constructive to say on the net!)
but it looks kinda fun, using nunchuk add-on for wii remote you can wield 2 pistols !!! fantastic, play at being a old school gun-slinger. hopefully its multiplayer so can play with my son, going way off topic for a moment i reckon one of wii`s best features is its multi-player side (working together not fighting each other), the lego games are perfect examples and really fun to play if your a fan of the films and/or lego. defo recomend it as a "Family" entertainment console above both Playstation and Xbox.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

a friend of mine nearly fell over exhausted after a 3 hour tennis match on wii :)

PZ

Looks like we should have added Wii to the poll!  My wife plays Guitar Hero on the Wii, and she's almost to the point of developing Arthritic fingers.

RedRaven

20 mins on boxing was more than enough for me, arms, sholders and chest ached for days, but its great that it can be used that way, when get round to it going to get the FIT pack with the board, better than going to a gym couple o times a week feeling self conscious and out of place. my kid plays it more than me cos i`m hooked on Stalker and Farcry2, but its defo one of most interesting developments in computer gaming for a long time, and quality of game play and graphics on some games is really high quality.

PZ

The Wii fit is great exercise - I encourage my wife to use it and then I can play FC2, how's that for exercise?

Seriously, the fit is an excellent adition to the Wii - it keeps track of your BMR (basal metabolic rate), weight, and other measurements between sessions.  Kind of interesting to test your coordination too.

Tags:
🡱 🡳