The "hidden" mission

Started by PZ, September 08, 2011, 08:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

You guessed it, frag, It did not take a huge jump though - what is interesting by using the high jump is that there are mostly hidden walls when you try to leap atop a hill, boulder, or mountain.  However, you sometimes get lucky and chance upon these great finds.

It was really lots of fun hitting Sepoko from this vantage point because the sniper is far enough away, and was not looking in mt direction so I could get a close leisurely look at him.  From my former favorite spot - the large rock on the western side, it felt like he always knew I was coming and would try to make my way to that spot.  :-()

In the new spot, anyone that tries to get close is easily seen so there is little chance of their success.  >:D

fragger

Nice!

I thought as much, I've tried to get up there in the past by "normal" means, but no dice.

Speaking of getting into places, I almost found a way to get past that fence at the south end of the Airstrip in Bowa-Seko. Facing the fence from the airstrip side, to the right you can scramble up the slope - it's kind of hard to describe exactly where without a picture, I should do one - and then you can make your way to the left around the slope and actually get past the fence, but invisible walls stop you from dropping down on the other side of it. Even so, I was able to take out the lakeside AT patrol from there when it came past, but it had respawned by the time I'd driven all the way around so I couldn't take advantage. It was one of those exasperating oh-so-close affairs :D

So I'm wondering if modified jumping would make a difference there, it could provide a handy shortcut for exfilling Airstrip missions.

PZ

I know exactly where you mean - many times I've tried to get up to the airstrip, or down to the road from the airstrip - never was successful.   When I started the high jump, I realized that there was an insurmountable invisible wall, which makes it impossible, but I never tried going around in the way you suggested - will give it a go.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on October 20, 2011, 09:21:06 AM
Yes, you are to retrieve it for (forgot the name of the buddy), and yes, I too have seen mercs wandering north of Sepoko on occasion, but never a sniper.

I do not know if it was in fact a sniper, but the one shot, a pause of a minute or so, and then another shot was the info upon which I based my statement. It may not have been a sniper. It may not have even been anyone to my north. But the shots reports came from the north.

Most snipers seem to be assigned a fixed position and  do not seem to ever leave that position. But some snipers are allowed to roam around, once their alert status has changed, as evidenced by their activity at the post office in Bowa Seko. Once you have attacked the post office, some of those snipers seem to be able to roam around.

Quote from: fragger on October 20, 2011, 05:13:35 PM

Even so, I was able to take out the lakeside AT patrol from there when it came past, but it had respawned by the time I'd driven all the way around so I couldn't take advantage. It was one of those exasperating oh-so-close affairs.

I know the place at the south end of the airport, I have tried the jumping the fence too in the unmodded game. I always thought that a pogo stick would be nice. :bigsmile:

To the AT patrol on that road. I do not know that exact trigger point that allows that vehicle to re-spawn, but I have found that if I get them (kill them), anywhere north of the swamp boat at the lakeside west of the airport, I can manage to do any airport mission, and when I come out, their vehicles, and their bodies, are still where I left them, and then no worries about the patrol respawning. I usually try to take out that AT, when I am heading to get my malaria medicine from that house that is at the end of their patrol to the SE. Having them show up in the middle of a fire-fight with the mercs assigned there can be a real pain in the backside. :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳