Assassination mission - guard post in Bowa

Started by PZ, March 19, 2011, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I took a mission to assassinate a target at the outpost where you have the merc in the rock (forgot the acronym we were using), but I came in from a different direction.  I'd stopped by Sepoko to pick up the Frenchman predecessor tape before tackling this assassination so my direction of approach was from the east.  I found an excellent spot in the rocks and was casually scoping the mercs at the GP when the target saw me and started firing.  None of the mercs took notice and kept at their idle activities - evidently they didn't like this mark.  :-()

Finally the mercs took notice, and the RPG guy took a shot at my location, but there was a tree and large rock in the path so he never even came close.  However, his round started fires that took out a few of the others that came to investigate.  Because the mercs are rather stupid, I started running, keeping the GP mercs between me and the RPG guy - as expected, he fired and took out his buddies.  I was laughing so hard, I almost was taken out myself as I ran around.  All in all, this was a great mission - approached from a perspective that I'd never done before.  FC2 is certainly a game to which you can return time and time again.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on March 19, 2011, 11:58:57 AMthe merc in the rock (forgot the acronym we were using)

RSM, Rock Solid Merc  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

PZ, I'm mystified as to why I've never seen that mission, unless your target was the travelling suit who drives past that GP and the Weapon Shop and he stopped and got out at the GP. I've noticed that sometimes the target gets out of his Jeep and runs away if he and his entourage run into the patrolling GLAT. Could that be the case here?

Cool story nonetheless :-X :)

PZ

I think you're probably right, fragger - I did stop by Sepoko to pick up a predecessor tape, so I was quite delayed in getting to the target in a timely way.  I've noticed that on several missions, if you take too long, the targets will stop.  For instance, I can almost guarantee that to happen on the weapon dealer mission to the east of Mosate Selao - the one where they drive the loop in a north-south direction.  Several times I have come upon them while they are all out of their vehicles smoking and chatting.

Art Blade

Isn't that nice, they take a break and wait for you  ^+-+

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳