how to make mercs swear for minutes

Started by Art Blade, April 12, 2009, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

For maximum experience, go to a town like Port Selao or some other place with loads of mercs and bring your grenade launcher. Then aim straight up and shoot the sky once. Depending on the weapon used it takes at least a minute for the grenade to impact. Once you've fired your weapon, you will hear every merc in the area go "oh s#!t" "f@#k" "oh god" until the grenade hits. Really funny :)

It may help you determine if, after a raid, there are still survivors. Have fun

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

This one is going to be fun - I love to torment the town mercs!  These days I rarely leave town without starting a fight and off-ing a merc or two on the way to the bus stop.

Art Blade

same here. Actually I use a save game where I am fully equipped and seated in the church tower of Port Selao. Then I use the cheats that prevents your weapons to wear off, unlimited ammo and invulnerability. Like that, I can spend hours tormenting them :) It is so much fun to hide out and go on a rampage there, because they all respawn. I love the confusion when they try to find you and their rants all the time :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I love sniping from that church tower (and the one in Sefapane as well), but alas, I'm on console and have no cheats.  If you haven't done so already, drive a grenade assault truck back north to Pala and shell town - because of the re-spawn you can have an endless supply of foolish mercs as your gun fodder.

Art Blade

Sefapane is special, you should enter the main building and go upstairs to enter the roof. From there you can start endless wildfires by aiming at the various gas tanks, ammo crates, yellow barrels etc. The mercs usually don't find you up there, so you can relax and enjoy the chaos below. Unfortunately they don't respawn in Sefapane, but if I remember correctly, you have 18 mercs to deal with :)

JRD

Wow... 18!
You counted!!
I never thought about that... seems more than I can remember there was!
I too like to go upstairs and star fires! Excellent fun
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Yeah, like one of those merc lines "and watch for surprises!" could give you the idea... I didn't want surprises in a fun episode, so I went inside the building planning to count them and shot the first merc. I made them go after me, enter the building, where I ambushed them one at a time, counting. Actually it doesn't make much sense since at least I easily lose track in a firefight. But it's nice to know there are that many only waiting for you to finish them off :)

PZ

I went to Sefapane  recently and up onto the roof of that building (I usually experience the same as you describe, Art).  I was on the nitrous oxide mission and wanted to do as JRD has done - kill the mercs before driving the big truck into the garage.  Anyway, onto the roof I went and started wreaking havoc when to my surprise a merc had come up the stairs and was firing at me point blank!.

Art Blade

Hehe, I said "usually" they don't find you. They got me too there once, which made me drop off the roof and into the flock of bloodsuckers down there *whistles innocently*

Roaven

Apparently, wiping out a town counts as 'Safely Escaping the Cease Fire Zone'. I learned this in the north Cease-fire zone in the southern district. I was just planning on going until death then getting rescued and running, but ended up killing everyone and finding I escaped the zone apparently. Didn't even know I could kill them all

Art Blade

you are right. You seem to have escaped since there is no one left to think you violated the cease-fire ;)

You may get that "escaped" message if you manage to stay hidden long enough. It happened twice to me in Port Selao (hidden in one of the restricted areas where those chopped porks hang, in the north west of the city). Took like 7-10 mins undetected.

PZ

Very interesting Art - I did not realize that you could "escape the cease-fire zone" by waiting it out.  This means that you could sit in a church bell tower and snipe until you ran out of ammo and just wait it out...

Art Blade

indeed, I recently "waited it out" in that tower :) Apparently chances are best if you drive them away from your hideout first, ie shoot someone far away and then remain silent.

PZ

Speaking of that tower reminds me of setting up a Jeep with IEDs and parking it in front of the UFLL headquarters.  Then sprinkled a few more at the front of the church - climbed to the 3rd floor and started the fireworks - I just love using IEDs on those poor unsuspecting schmucks...

Art Blade

hehe, indeed... ever tried to "equip" one of their cars with IEDs and wait for them to use it for a chase? If they had time I bet they'd swear a LOT then  ;D

PZ

No I haven't, but I'm laughing in anticipation of my next visit to a crowded GP!

Art Blade

I just found out that you can do the "swearing trick" with an RPG too, made me laugh when I fired it across Mokuba  :)

one more thing, always wanted to add this, the swearing stops once you switch weapons. So, to maximise your fun, keep the grenade/rocket launcher in your hands as long as the projectile is in the air  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳