Leboa assassination mission: Mokuba

Started by PZ, February 26, 2011, 09:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After completing a few missions in Bowa Seko, I wanted to return to Leboa Sako to do a few assassinations.  Starting from the northeast armory, I had to steal a GLAT (grenade launching assault truck), w@&k my way past the Dogon Village, and Sefapane to make my way north - a challenge to keep my truck intact, but well worth the effort to have a GLAT in Leboa.

Here they come - they have no idea that I'm waiting.  Using the 6P9, I wanted to throw a shot to get them to attack, but in one of the luckiest shots I've ever made, I must have hit the gunner in the head.
[smg id=3126 width=600]

Here's my prize!
[smg id=3127 width=600]

I was assaulted along the way, but the grenades got the best of them
[smg id=3128 width=600]

These boys north of the northwest armory in Bowa had s bit of trouble.
[smg id=3129 width=600]

Checking the map, I decided to go to the cell tower not far from the airport.
[smg id=3130 width=600]

Receiving my instructions...
[smg id=3131 width=600]

OK, off to Mokuba - not too happy about this one - that is a nasty place.
[smg id=3132 width=600]

Along the way, I had a bit of trouble with ATPs, but the GLAT made short w@&k of all of them.  :-()
[smg id=3133 width=600]

Turn left to go to Mokuba
[smg id=3134 width=600]

Someone in the shanty town must have heard me because an assault truck rushed up
[smg id=3135 width=600]

I found him - see him off to the right?
[smg id=3136 width=600]

Crouching down, I used the stealthy approach...
[smg id=3137 width=600]

... to complete the mission.
[smg id=3138 width=600]

mandru

Nice series of pics to illustrate your story PZ.  :-X

In your first picture about the seizing of the GLAT, there is a spot I like to use to ambush them.  If you follow a straight line from your hand to the intersection signpost there is a rock ledge right there that is accessible from the right in that picture.

A dart or other sniper rifle and the shape of the road from that vantage gives you a long straight strip of road coming directly towards you and plenty of time to take your shot before they can spot you and fire.  Then if you wait for the survivor of the pair to drive on up he'll step out for an easy mop up shot and save you having to walk way up the road to where you could have easily shot both of them.   >:D

I think the next most easily retrievable GLAT after this one is the one you find when you drive down the west margin of the Southern map and sneak into the S.W. weapons shop by the back way.  Just beyond the shop is a GLATP that runs between that large GP, past the Underground location and down towards the diamond mine and back.

After collecting the GLAT that strip between the SE gun shop and the NE gun shop can be driven pretty easily if you stay out deep on the sand without even seeing a merc or patrol but requires that you enjoy dune running and are not too prone to motion sickness.   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Nice  :-X

Thanks mandru, I'll need to try that rock ledge the next time I pass that area - my usual method is to hide among the buildings, near the old pallets.

mandru

I get impatient and end up trying to take my shot a couple seconds quicker than that fine vantage point in your first screen shot so I expose myself a bit more to possible retaliation if I foul up my shots.   ;D

I am familiar with and do like that spot you used when I am doing the cell tower mission that is right there.   :-X

M79 GL ... Who says I have to give them a chance.   >:D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

fragger

I really like your illustrated tales, PZ :) :-X

Re: getting the GLAT, I'll have to give mandru's rock ledge a try. My approach is similar, but I've gotten into the habit of climbing up onto the rocks directly behind the armory, where from the right spot I can make a running jump onto the armory roof. From there I hide behind the raised skylight-type structure and either snipe the gunner as the GLAT comes down the road from the Crash Site or plug him in the back as they head towards the Bus Stop. Either way, the driver will always bring the GLAT straight to me, where I tip him handsomely for being considerate enough to deliver my new ride so conveniently to my doorstep >:D Sometimes I can then drop from the roof straight onto the GLAT itself, but it's a painless drop to the ground from up there anyway.

I'll send in a screenie or two later, once I've gotten some :)

PZ

Thanks, fragger - it is fun to post pics of gaming adventures.  ;)

fragger

Quote from: fragger on February 27, 2011, 09:26:38 PM
I'll send in a screenie or two later, once I've gotten some :)

I should have mentioned that the reason I'm not posting many pics is because of the heat wave we're having. It's been so infernally hot lately that my PC isn't digging running heavy graphical games like FC2. I can only play for a few minutes before the cooling fan on my graphics card goes into overdrive trying to keep the card cool and I'm not keen on pushing it. I've even had a desk fan blowing on the PC box with the cover off, but it isn't helping. It sucks, basically. To give you an idea, the thermometer in the kitchen is currently reading 29°C at 11.30pm, and I can feel that it's even warmer here in the PC room - it's got to be over 30° in here. I'm in just a pair of shorts with the ceiling fan on high and I'm sweating.

So not much gaming going on here at present... :-(

PZ

Wow, I'm posting this only hours after you made your post, and it's snowing outside as I type.  ???

Hot in one part of the world while completely the opposite in another - OWG brings us together into a single forum.  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳