(funny) Tactics and Tips

Started by Art Blade, April 11, 2009, 10:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I think the topic contains "funny" so we are still on topic  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

I'm kinda glad that the PS3 is in the Rec room and not in the bedroom.  My wife if she was awakened because of my sound and movement from the game would probably instantly present me a pair of Anus phones and I'd be hearing "Well look what we got here" from my bowels.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

hahaha!! Try that: Tell her in a very low voice, like a whisper, "I'm gonna buy a real big machete, like in this game. Did I mention machetes to you? What you can do with them? What real ugly things you can do with them? Like, slice and dice games? No? Well, you better go back to sleep then or I'll raise my voice."  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

ok, if you want to appear sane and love your wife, you better don't  ;)

retiredgord

Noooooo!!!..  The Bobbit case comes to mind and I'm having trouble having a pee now.   lol

Art Blade

Don't worry... "it" was re-attached by Dr. David Berman during a nine and a half hour operation (thank the gods for wiki). Now we're seriously drifting off topic  ;D

Ahem. Any new tips, anyone?  ;D

Art Blade

Me!

24) Carl G Rocket Launcher / RPG - Skydive Rocket

If you want to attack something far away that is perhaps behind walls or rocks, aim above the target at say 45°, fire the rocket and wait (you can even let go of the scope) until the rocket is above the target. Then use the scope again (it guides the missile) and aim down where you guess the target is. If everything works fine, your rocket should come down like a bomb, and the surviving mercs will likely not know where it came from (apart from "out of the sky") :)

By the way, you can do that with an RPG too (only the RPG has no guidance system), works like a mortar then. Aim up, steeper angle perhaps, and the propelling charge will burn out over the target, dropping the payload right onto it. :)

[smg id=266]
RPG payload dropping at my feet

Dweller_Benthos

I had no idea the rockets were guideable, I will have to try that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 19, 2009, 05:38:53 AM
I had no idea the rockets were guideable, I will have to try that.
Only the Carl-G is guide-able after launch; the standard RPG just goes where you first point it.

Art Blade

Thanks for the remarks, I edited the tip to clarify that.

PZ

My pleasure - I knew what you meant, but others might have thought that all are guide-able.  :-X

Art Blade

Even if it has been said a couple of times across the site: I enjoy the way people communicate here. Instead of ranting or flaming, there are useful hints or simple but clear remarks that do help improve context. Thanks again, and again  ;D :-X

PZ

I'm on the same page, Art.

Visiting other forums is becoming more painful by the day when you see how veteran members treat the new guy.  On other sites, you feel like you need to scrutinize every word you post so that someone won't misinterpret.  No hidden agendas on our site; I know that I can post away here and not worry about receiving a nasty post in return.  Great job you regular posters, and it must be working because we regularly receive new members!   :-X

Art Blade

I sometimes go through the Tips board looking for topics that contain funny tips. I want to give them a chance to stay on top featuring them here in the first post.

Looks like we're running out of ideas. If you can think of new (funny) tips or tactics, don't hesitate posting away right here :)

Also, if you find something on the FC2 Forum you think should be featured here, post the link, I'll stick it in the first post :)

retiredgord

Using the IED's:  I went looking for the post for this and couldn't find it readily.  I'd like to learn this method as it has some great mission story potential. I can't remember who the sites Unibomber is but could they step forward and explain to  me (us) again how to set multiple devices and do they all go off at the same time.  Thanks

Art Blade

alright, retiredgord :)

You can find most of that stuff (tips) if you go to the very first post of this very topic. There I have an index where you can read the subject of each tip, click it, and there you are.

In your case, the tip you're looking for is 5) A different use of IEDs

One thing that may need mentioning is, when you have placed your first IED, you'll see the remote control in your hand. To place more IEDs, you need to click your right mouse button (probably "aim" for console) to get the next of your IEDs ready to place.

You can stack IEDs, one on top of the last, and pile them up like a layer cake. Make sure your loudspeakers are cranked up to the limit if you detonate your cake  ;D

To set them off independently, either shoot, burn, or blast them (with other explosives or flammables).

They will go off all at once if you use that remote control.

If you need more info, I'd be happy to help :)

Art Blade

man, this topic is alive :) various edits, if you are interested, please check the first post and its index.  :-X

Art Blade

Just had an idea. I'm going to add the dates of the latest edits to the index. That way it should be even easier to keep track :)

<walks away and does it>

Done :) phew.

Aeris

A technique that I use a lot is, going into a Guard Post, going off the car while it is still at full speed, let it roll to where the enemies are, hurl a Grenade then watch them die because of the explosion that turns as big as a rocket's, lol.

Other than that, I have seen enemies using funny tactics, too, I was driving by Cattle Xing in Leboa-Sako, there was this very huge cliff, I saw a Datsun Dummy driving on the road on top of the cliff, well, he must have been high because...

He went off the cliff at full speed and flew!, lol, it was the funniest thing ever, the song "Born to be wild" by Steppenwolf played in my head, he landed on the road that I was on, and "kindly" stopped before hitting my car face-to-face (That makes me suspect that Datsun Dummies are actually using their own cars, rather than the factions', so they take extra care for not wrecking them, lol).

Art Blade

haha, not always... I never saw a DD fly though (great story!) but I remember my funniest story with one DD near marina, bowa. He came bombing down the road at me, missed me, turned like a maniac for some time and disappeared. Nothing. I jumped into the lake and like three trucks lengths away he and his car was, on the ground of the lake... must have driven as if it was a bloody sub!  ;D

Aeris

Thanks. :P

... Hahaha, nice story :P, poor guy, that supports my theory about that Datsun Dummies drive while high... or drunken at least, I think that he was having hallucinations about being James Bond and having Q's Submarine Car, hahaha...!

Seems like that the Datsun Dummies have a James Bond complex or something while driving high.

Art Blade

LOL! So that's why they get out of their Datsuns once you're close, they want to introduce themselves. I need a weapon that goes "BOND" rather than "BANG". Then I can complete their sentence... "My name is..." "BOND"  ;D

Aeris

Haha, nice idea, I would love to see a Merc saying that!, I would crack up laughing for like half an hour... or at least if they went like, "My name is Mayer, Oscar Mayer."... :D

That would explain why, most of the time, they attack you using their Pistols rather than whatever weapon they have strapped on their back, they think that a Pistol will do it. Lol.

Art Blade

that would make a small tip, go in close so they change to short-ranged weapons.

Aeris

Speaking of Mercs with a James Bond complex...

[smg id=639 type=link align=center width=500]
(Click for bigger image.)

I saw a Grenade land right by me in front of the Gun Shop... I got my weapon ready then it just happened, three full flips into the air after the crash, then bam, they landed, one of the mercs went like, "Oh Jesus!" "Get me up, get me up!" and the other was like, "Shoot him, shoot him!", funniest thing ever.

Tags:
🡱 🡳