(funny) Tactics and Tips

Started by Art Blade, April 11, 2009, 10:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Look how many time's I've played through and I didn't know about the lamps - thanks for the tip, now something new (again) to try out in the forums.

I like your "Art" w@&k with the car bomb, Art (reply pun intended...)  ;D

Art Blade

thank you :) oh forgive me, I couldn't resist that capital A there... :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I know, and I've been on the lookout for it ever since you mentioned it that first time!   ;D

In fact, I used it myself once when talking about "...Arthritis"  ahemmm... with a capital "A"

Art Blade

I've seen that then, since it was green as can be  ;D Quite Articulate  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Road Block

(special)

[smg id=171 align=center width=400]

if you can't find enough cars... well...

JRD

You should throw a grenade and capture the chain reaction.....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I needed the boat for my escape.

Art Blade

I decided to modify the Subject of this topic and put a comment in the first post. This is not just tactics here (any more), some stuff is more likely a tip. I hope you enjoy reading and checking out some of it.

Thank you all :)

PS: I'm not finished yet!  ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 24, 2009, 03:48:12 PM
You should throw a grenade and capture the chain reaction.....

[smg id=173 type=link align=center width=500]

I tried... but it was kind of a hot shot... <tends his blisters>

JRD

That's incredibleArt... tha blast radius must've shaken trees kilometers away... you should have been thrown in the air too  ;D

Too bad you don't have a video of that!!

Art Blade

17) Tip for PC screen caps "where is my weapon?"

(this is not a fake, it is pure FC2)

[smg id=176 align=center width=400]

If you go get one of the main missions (here: Bowa, Port Selao), you sometimes leave the house with your weapon "holstered", I'd call it a bug. So you leave the HQ and you don't see your weapon? Cool, let's go for a walk... and look what we got here :)

ahem, I used the PlayerIgnore cheat so I could leave town and go out for a stroll without having to draw my weapon.

Here one more rain impression (it doesn't always have to be clear sky at noon, does it?) You can see how much more interesting a picture gets if the gun is missing. It's a pity you can't holster your weapons by default.

[smg id=177 align=center width=400]

JRD

Beautyful, beautyful pic Art... seem a real place.
I think I mentioned it in another post and you probably know it, but... if you cycle hrough your weapons, there is a moment no weapons is on the screen, so if you hit print screen you get a pic without any weapons on it... Takes a little practice, bt its cool to have pic like that...
Good w@&k  :-X

Art Blade

cheers :) I edited the above post and stuck another pic of the same flavour in...

I'm on a photo-safari right now, weaps holstered... and got a couple of cool (screen)shots. A whole lot actually. One is in memorable moments topic, "these guys can't be serious" / or just check gallery my stuff folder. Might start a seperate topic... anyway, I got carried away when I saw how beautiful the landscape is when it's raining and if you don't have to worry about your car or mercs... new experience :)

Art Blade

About those weaponless pics - there is a new post at "screenshots", we may discuss about screen capturing there :)

click me to get right there

Art Blade

Tip

18) Reduce Weapon Degrading

EDIT: please ignore this tip. See -> my test (it seems to be a myth)

As far as I know, the speed at which your weapon degrades is determined by the times you reload it. That means, if most of the time you fired one or two rounds and then reloaded, you'd run into problems (jamming, dissolving) somewhat sooner than you would if you reloaded only if the weapon ran dry. Obviously this doesn't help the Dart Rifle, but I hope you can keep your weapons functional just those couple of seconds your virtual life depends on in a shoot-out :)

So, only reload when running dry - it keeps your weapon in better shape for a little longer.

spaceboy

excellent tip Art, I always reload alot (hate getting caught reloading during the next fire fight)  But I also get new weapons all the time from the gun shops so I don't run into jams too much either.  I'm wasteful like that.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

hehe, can't help it either... a half full gun is an empty gun  8)

Tip

19) Mike's Bar: Missions In A Row (PC)

The first times I did side missions that I got from my buddies at Mike's, I believed I had to slip in any other mission before I could get another one. Simply because when I looked at the map after debriefing, there was no mission symbol. I found out, however, that after debriefing you can hop in your car, leave the map segment, and check the map again -- there is another mission available?! I went back and voila, another mission... like that I finished all buddy side missions in a row before I cared about main missions or assasinations or the like.

Hope that helps a little :)

spaceboy

I was the same as you and subsequently missed out on alot of missions the first play through.  This time I got 'em all early  ;D   Thanks to this very site and helpful members  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

got a new car... (I was forced to leave the old one behind on a mission).

After a couple of battles already fought and survived together, I don't like to leave it behind. It may have lost a bit of its brilliance and decorations... yet it's hardened  :-*

[smg id=186 align=center width=400]

JRD

Just want to add to Art's tip...
Drive to the intersection to the road that leads to the Lumbercamp and back. That's how far you should go to leave Mike's area and get the mission icon again ;)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2009, 10:37:41 AM
got a new car... (I was forced to leave the old one behind on a mission).

After a couple of battles already fought and survived together, I don't like to leave it behind. It may have lost a bit of its brilliance and decorations... yet it's hardened  :-*

[smg id=186 align=center width=400]

Did you shot it till the hood was off or the mercenary life did it?

Oh, before I forget... my dealer never saw what happened to him ;)

JRD

Add to my FC3 wishlist:
A garage to park my vehicles... (and keep them)  ;)

GTA has it...

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 26, 2009, 11:16:51 AM
Just want to add to Art's tip...
Drive to the intersection to the road that leads to the Lumbercamp and back. That's how far you should go to leave Mike's area and get the mission icon again ;)

Let me add to your tip that you can keep the map in your hand while driving, and the mission icon will show on it without having to close the map :)

about the car, you guessed it... I used my machete to get rid of all flim-flam before I used the car :) (the first car lost it on the "path of combat" hehe)

oh, a garage per house (multiple) - TestDriveUnlimited

PZ

Cool.... That looks like the post office - did you get the boat at the dock on the east side, and if so, how did you get it to the front of the fuel station?

Art Blade

reference: special road block

phew... had to find your reference but then got it. yes, it is the post office and I had a hell of a time pushing it up the stairs and over to the fuel station :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳