Visiting Dogon Village

Started by PZ, January 30, 2011, 11:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Note: The mission described below occurred at night, so some of the photos below have been color corrected so you can see the details a bit better.

Voorhees wants me to dispose of the kilns at the Dogon Village.  This can be an exciting area because there is a mortar merc on the top of a flat-roofed building. 
[smg id=2825 width=400]

However, my friend Hakim as other ideas
[smg id=2826 width=400]
[smg id=2828 width=400]
[smg id=2827 width=400]

I take Hakim's offer of course, which means that I'll need to detour to the outpost east of the village.  It is usually relatively easy to travel between the two - there are a couple of ATPs that are easy to take our (or hide to avoid them).  The most significant problem is an RPG merc at the GP just southeast of Dogon Village.
[smg id=2829 width=400]

My plan is to go into the outpost from the south, along the river.  There is a sniper in a tower at the northeast end of the outpost, but his gaze is toward the west, making it relatively easy to sneak in from the south.
[smg id=2831 width=400]

Here he is - looking west as predicted - a single silent projectile and he was down.
[smg id=2830 width=400]

I climb into his hide, and throw a few well-placed Molotovs - the place goes up in flames, disorienting the mercs.  However, they eventually saw me and began their assault - I threw a grenade toward the west, intending to take out as many as I could before descending and finding the teamster hiding in the hut.
[smg id=2832 width=400]

The first grenade blew the roof off the nearby hut, and a merc ran in to take cover, periodically shooting at my position.  I threw in another grenade and voila, the teamster evidently caught enough fragments of the grenade to complete my task.  Cool - off to Dogon Village via the GP to the south.
[smg id=2833 width=400]

First step - take out the RPG merc before he gets a bead on me - this hiding spot is a dense bush just to the southeast of the GP.
[smg id=2834 width=400]

Then I nearly had a heart attack when this ATP roared up and parked to investigate - I don't know how they missed me, but they still had no idea I was there - took out this guy a second later, and then his friend in another moment.  Clearing the GP with the 6P9 was a piece of cake, and off to the Village I went.
[smg id=2835 width=400]

This is my favorite method of approach - it is rare that you get caught if you hug the hillside to the right
[smg id=2836 width=400]
[smg id=2837 width=400]

I don't know how he caught wind of me, but this merc was suspicious - not enough to alert the others though.
[smg id=2838 width=400]

The mortar merc has no idea he is about to see the light - a blinding white light.
[smg id=2839 width=400]

Making my way up the rocky staircase
[smg id=2840 width=400]

There it is - the kiln, fortuitously surrounded by acetylene tanks - a single grenade should do the trick.
[smg id=2841 width=400]

A moment later, and I've had success.  Only two mercs killed, the village not alerted, and I'm off to help Hakim at the un-named post just west of the outpost.
[smg id=2842 width=400]

The glider high above the river is the perfect vehicle
[smg id=2843 width=400]

Exhilarating flight down to the dirt road on the right of the canyon bottom
[smg id=2844 width=400]

As I approached the area where I would find Hakim, he evidently had done a good job himself, because after only a single merc fell to the 6P9, the mission was complete. 
[smg id=2845 width=400]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-D

Lots of fun, these missions - I am looking forward to the mission where you need to blow the pipeline - I did that on on the PS3 this morning - sure wish I could have captured pictures easily.

Art Blade

hehe  ^-^

I was just thinking, I wish my best buddies were as efficient as yours. If they survive their own mission, I usually end up shooting them for utter incompetence.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳