Visiting PetroSahel

Started by PZ, January 16, 2011, 11:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here is how I typically approach PetroSahel:

The first step is to take out the merc on the first tower
[smg id=2690]
Here's a great stealthy way into the area - go through the hole in the metal fence
[smg id=2691]
Taking aim on a large propane tank on the Jossip buddy mission
[smg id=2692]
A single bullet to the side of the tank and the flames start - no mercs are alerted when you use the 6P9
[smg id=2693]
The mercs are completely unaware that I'm about to start the place on fire
[smg id=2694]
The flames are starting.
[smg id=2695]
There are quite a few flammables within reach
[smg id=2696]
What a beautiful sunrise - I'm heading east from PetroSahel toward the northwest bus stop
[smg id=2697]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

When I visit that area, death comes raining from above and the whole place is a living inferno with screams, panic and despair!

Mercs won`t even know they are dead!  >:D!

Nice shots indeed... aaahhh sweet memories!!!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks guys - indeed, the memories are sweet as I roam Africa again.  There is something special about the solitary life you live in FC2.  Sure, there are no friendlies and everyone seems to want your hide, but there is beauty in depending solely on yourself to survive in the hostile environment.

mmosu

No game does the "Rambo" mentality better . . .  :-D

Art Blade

Borderlands is just as suitable for a Rambo style.. at least if you watch me you're going to agree :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Agreed, but Borderlands contains a large co-op element that many players take advantage of.  FC2 forces you to be a lone wolf (insert "howling" emoticon  :-D)

fragger

I always enjoyed the relative simplicity of FC2. There's a lot to be said for skill levelling, weapons modifying, character building, plot branching and all the rest, but there's also great fun to be had in raw, uncomplicated action - just grabbing some weapons off a wall and being a solitary primal projectile-pumper :-()

Sometimes less is more :-X

PZ

Quote from: mmosu on January 18, 2011, 03:10:21 PM
...FC2 forces you to be a lone wolf (insert "howling" emoticon  :-D)
I like that phrase - "lone wolf", which summarizes my enjoyment of the game completely despite the relative sterility (lack of civilian life) in FC2.

@fragger - I completely agree - FC2 is so simple that it took almost no time to get back into the game, which makes it easy to play, leave it for a while, and then return to pick up where you left off, much like a good soap opera.  :-()

Art Blade

with a few cheats in place, it is quite enjoyable.. unlock all weapons.. god mode or ignore player mode.. cheat like 700 diamonds to buy all the good stuff.. yeah  ;D

PZ

That's the best part about playing on the PC, but I sure do wish the game architecture was more open to allow for modding.  When I think of all the mods available for the Fallout series, I almost drool when I think about the possibilities of the same in FC2.  Imagine user-created missions (like the FO quests), new and/or modded weapons complete with new skins, opening all the borders, new NPCs, etc.

If it were possible to mod FC2 like FO3/FNV, I'd be playing FC2 for a long, long time to come, especially considering how much I've played FC2 so far.

Art Blade

I like the basic concept of how Borderlands creates its weapons. Building legit weapons with a tool (modding) is just the icing on the cake.. if we had that with FC2.. whoa  :)

mmosu

The selection in FC2 is still pretty good though, especially with the extra weapons from the "fortunes" expansion pack - crossbow, silent shotgun, sawn-off shotgun (my personal favorite - nothing makes a bigger mess up close :-())

Art Blade

I should mention that I never had a chance to get the DLC with those weapons. Modding would have done the trick..

mandru

Quote from: PZ on January 18, 2011, 05:19:57 PM

Imagine user-created missions (like the FO quests), new and/or modded weapons complete with new skins, opening all the borders, new NPCs, etc.

I'm just not into player against player online games but would love to build or even participate in a multi-player online scenario using the FC2 environment where 5 to 10 players combine their efforts and run player created content in the form of missions with a drop point, an elaborate field of conflict and a final objective.

I'm thinking of something modeled along the lines of the charge of the light brigade but with the weapons we have available to us in FC2 that those earlier participants in the historical event never did.  A group of players combining their efforts to secure a target pitted against massive numbers FC2 AI mercs each posted and assigned to protect their position but able to fall back and regroup when their position is overwhelmed.

These mini missions would probably be a lot more linear but each time a group runs it it would vary because of individual players choices in getting kitted up for the run.

Ah well, try to tell UBI anything as if they'd listen.   :(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I'd be with you on that mission - I recall discussions a long time ago where we mentioned how fabulous it would be for us to be able to hop into assault trucks in cooperative missions - imagine roaming through Leboa and Bowa with one of us at the wheel and another on the gun  >:D

Art Blade

Reminds me of Westworld / Futureworld with Yul Brynner.  ;D

fragger

Allow me to inject a completely irrelevant interjection at this juncture - Has anyone commented on your new avatar, Art? If not, or even if so, I like it - but who is it?

Art Blade

Those who dared did so in private.  :-D So no, not in the forums, you're the first one who asks, and cheers  :)

I have a ton of screenshots from DVDs I watched, and that is from one of them. I don't recall which film it was, but as far as I know it was nothing more than a still in the film, as in looking at a picture on a wall, so I can't tell who it is. The helmet has huge blades of an ax attached to it to all four directions, you can see one (the edge of it) which reaches down to the tip of the nose.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳