Another diamond North of Rail Xing

Started by shiba, April 11, 2009, 02:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiba

Once again, I got some troubles getting the diamond North of Rail Xing. I need to take the DWing to get it but I always end up smashing on the rocks. Any idea ??  :'(

JRD

You can try parking a truck near the rock and jumpo from there.
D_B posted some pics about how to do so... check the "Troublesome damond" series he created and you'll find a way.
Or, try pulling the glider's nose up durng the flight. You don't gain altitute, but loose less.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spearhead_22

The only way to reach the diamond is by using the Hang Glider. Try it out at night though...it's a bit tricky. Will try to upload a video on how to reach the diamond case soon.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Dweller_Benthos

That one you need the hang glider for. Check out the maps, I have them marked with the flight path you need to take. The glider is at the rail bridge, near the guard post. It's a long flight and probably the trickiest one to do, it's hard not to get shot down, since the guards along the river will respawn before you can get to the glider to fly over their heads, so do it at night. A dark night with no moon, and maybe rain would be best. Even then, it's a tough flight to do, you have to fly exactly right or you'll hit the sides of the canyon, or the rocks just before the diamond. If you did the glider flight in the north at Goka Falls, this one is harder.

Maybe tomorrow I'll make videos of all the glider flights.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Sorry shiba, I was thinking aobut another diamond case...
Trust spearhead's and D_B's advice, they know what they are talking about!!

PZ

spearhead_22

Hi Shiba,

Here is a video I made to show you how to fly the hang glider and reach the diamond briefcase North of Rail Xing.

**The video is taken during the night and for some reason, the video looks darker after I uploaded it to youtube. Hope you can still make it out.

[smg id=56 type=av]
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

shiba

YEAAAAH I made it !! I got it !! I tried like 5-6 times but I finally got it ! Thanks ! After I took it, I was worried to jump in the water, once I tried to jump in the water but I shamely fell on the ground ... :(
Thanks you so much for the video !

PZ

Hey guys, what do you think of linking spearhead_22's diamond videos to D_B's main maps so gamers can watch the video - sort of including them with the "Troublesome diamond" series?

JRD

Great idea PZ.
Maps will be even more usefull to users

Dweller_Benthos

Here's my vid:

[smg id=72 type=av align=center]

Done in daytime with AI Ignore on, so a peaceful flight. After that, there's the AK on the riverbank, then up to the diamond by the falls, then the Wheelgol Village one (after a bit of truck hopping, I just couldn't resist).

My videos also come out very dark in the shadows for some reason. I think I need to turn off HDR before making videos.

And yeah, post links on the maps for the diamond vids, cool idea. Though mine are grouped into longer vids instead of single diamonds. Should have thought of that, would have actually saved me some time.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Great vid D_B, I enjoyed seeing the merc falling out of the sky and bouncing off the ground.  One thing i remarked to myself after watching: there are so many things I've yet to see in the game, like finding the diamonds.  In a way, each of the diamonds (and tapes) are mini missions that you can do while in an area - greatly extends game play.  Some of the locations you show in the vids are quite beautiful and are definitely worth the trip.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 13, 2009, 08:17:15 AM
there are so many things I've yet to see in the game, like finding the diamonds.  In a way, each of the diamonds (and tapes) are mini missions that you can do while in an area - greatly extends game play.  Some of the locations you show in the vids are quite beautiful and are definitely worth the trip.

I collect diamonds (besides the obvious reason) to walk around the world. Diamond hunting takes you to places you would miss if doing only assigned missions. Tapes too gets you travelling and finding new places and also gives an insight on the Jackal's mind.
I just don't mind finding golden AK's. If I run into one, I don't even bother swaping my Dragunov for it!
If you haven't collect all tapes / diamonds, this is something you should try, just to explore new places.
But, if you haven't on your 9th playthrough, maybe is because you just don't mind  ;)

PZ

Well, I'm kind of a slow learner - remember I always play on casual...

Watching the videos that you guys are posting makes me want to visit those places though - kind of like watching the Travel Channel and wishing that you're in Paris!

Tags:
🡱 🡳