Trainer video #3

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 10, 2009, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Finally got the last (for now) trainer video uploaded. I had it as one file, but it was a minute too long and youtube choked on it. So I had to split it into two pieces.

This first piece starts out with a nice raid on Sefapane with an ATV+IED combination that really starts things off with a bang. Then, to mop up, I show the difference between normal AS50 fire and no recoil + rapid shot fire. Then, it's some rapid fire with the shotgun & crossbow. After that, you'll witness an attack on Mosate Selao that the mercs will never forget. It has rapid fire Dragunov, then for some reason, the mercs just vanish into the ground courtesy of the noclip cheat. Then, more Dragunov fun at the bus stop near Sepoko after which we try to take a ride on a water buffalo. From there, we wander into Sepoko and cause mayhem, then take a side trip to the edge of the world, and return to finish the job.

Enjoy.

[smg id=41 type=av align=center]

In part two, we witness some funny boat hopping and high falling antics. After that, a merc patrol falls victim to some car hopping. Then we head to the lakeside to juggle a boat with the grenade launcher. After that, we finish up with the mysterious creature called the map hole, where we see the dark underbelly of the Far Cry 2 world.

[smg id=42 type=av align=center]

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Great videos D_B,
I especially like the part where you tried to ride the wildebeast!

spaceboy

wow, what can I say?  that's pretty funny stuff.  favorite parts are the rapid fire crossbow, bouncing the merc patrol, and keeping the boat in the air merely by continues grenade launching. 

Even on normal shooting, you're a hell of a better shot than me, I know PC aiming is supposed to be better with a mouse than a controller, but still - you're pretty damned good.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I also liked how you were able to stand on top of the church and snipe the guys in town.  That jumping really allows you to go places that the devs did not intend for you to go!

JRD

I realy enjoy the part when the mercs are swollen to the ground and you can hear they screaming...
I'll post something about that latter on...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spearhead_22

Awesome videos...very professional looking too. Keep up the good w@&k, D_B
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

DKM2

lol, love the boat juggling.
The high jumping sounds like a great way to get into Heart of Darkness area, for a little tour.
I've tried climbing/jumping into it, but I always ended up in some hell inside the world.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

It's videos like this that has prompted me to build a gaming machine.  Hey D_B, sorry if you already posted this, but can you point me to where I can find the information to extract the graphics out of the game?

Dweller_Benthos

PZ, here's the doohicky I used:

http://blog.gib.me/2008/10/28/unstable-fc2-tool-binaries-from-svn-revision-4/

Here's the info on how to get the textures to w@&k:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=662422

The thing is, the unpacker doesn't recognize a huge amount of the files in the DAT and just calls them "unknown" and you have to sift through them trying to find what you're looking for.
D_B

PZ

Thanks D_B, this is going to be fun - kind of reminds me of doing maps in the old original Wolf3D, but orders of magnitude more interesting!

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, it can be fun, I remember spending hours modding wolf3d back in the day. Unfortunately with FC2, you really can't mod anything, as far as I know, there's no way to add files back to the main game and have them be recognized.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳