Artificial Dumbness

Started by JRD, March 12, 2009, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After completing the assassination mission of the used car salesman in shanty town, I was returning to Mike's for another mission.  My path took me through the valley to the west of Mokuba to the road south of Mike's.  As I traveled north, I knew I would need to get past the mercs at the GP south of Mike's on the river - the GP on the east side of the bridge.  I typically sneak past, head to the river, and swim the short distance to Mike's cove. 

This time the mercs at the GP heard me and gave chase, however, I was too far ahead and easily made it to the river, when I heard a splash as their truck entered the river - evidently they needed a bath and wanted to go swimming.  They should have exited the vehicle however, because it is not healthy to remain submerged for extended periods.

PZ

^+-+
I had a good laugh this morning at a couple of points:

Driving from the northeast bust stop toward the armory, I encountered the GLAT, whose gunner and driver immediately recognized me from a distance (bright sunny day).  I kept speeding toward the pair hoping to get close enough to prevent the grenade from being launched - I heard the dreaded "pop" and almost immediate detonation - he had destroyed his own vehicle.  I was laughing as I passed by the burning vehicle on my way to the Dogon village.

While attacking a GP, I was still at a distance, but fortunately was using my dart rifle to scope the area - I was looking at an AT whose gunner had just jumped out of the back of the truck - just then the driver decided to back the rig, to the amazed "arrr...rrrrgggg" of his partner.  ^+-+

Quite often I hear the untimely demise of mercs that I can't see - how priceless it would be to have these moments recorded.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

;D

Sometimes I drive on empty roads and then see a dead body on it in the distance, pass it, and leave it behind while thinking, "what the heck had happened here?"  ???? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - there are often times that I hear mercs dying without knowing the cause; burning vehicles also without an obvious reason.  Clearly the game mechanics are continuing the "artificial dumbness" even though we can't see it.

mandru

Thank goodness for the merc's artificial dumbness.  :-X

Even with the promise of diamonds if they were any smarter they'd all bolt and leave the game as soon as we logged in.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I was traveling between Mike's Bowa and the southeast bus stop.  I typically run into the Datsun dummy (DD) on the east side of the bridge.  Often (as this time) he is coming toward me, so I blast past him on the left side, and park right in front of the bis stop.  He always races to a spot near my vehicle and we typically battle it out.  However, this time it was a bit different.

I exited my vehicle and immediately crouched down, and crept to where I thought he was, but he was nowhere to be seen.  I stayed down and crept into the office - outside I heard commotion, and saw my merc turning to face south and start shooting - I thought it was another one of those instances where the merc shoots sideways and ends up hitting me  :-()

Not this time, however - he evidently killed one of the mercs that roam near that area on foot.  I guess the other merc must have shot my DD and he returned the fire.  It was very funny, and kind of cool to be that close to mercs battling it out - I could see the whites of his eyes.

Art Blade

nice story  ;D I too watched a mini merc war like that there once.

fragger

I knew that the DD and the patrolling AT further along the east road weren't friends, but I didn't know the DD and the foot-patrolling guy near the bus stop weren't either. Interesting... Nice discovery PZ :) :-X

"Datsun Dummy" - that still makes me laugh even after all this time :-D

Art Blade

PZ

^+-+

Even after all this time, FC2 is still a delightful game.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳