Artificial Dumbness

Started by JRD, March 12, 2009, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Hahahaha... I always find thoughtful mercs that goes for a nice dive and never comes back again... saves a bullet, which is great, specially in harder levels  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

funny story, flailing arms lol... makes me realise how much love for detail went into the game and how very much I like FC2 for it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Indeed :). I also noticed almost every merc in the game smokes. Whenever they're just walking around aimlessly in their GP's and what not they usually stop every 30 secs or so and light up a cig (or maybe something else? :P), but that could have to do with all the drinkin they do as well  ;D

Art Blade

Funny you should mention that. I think it's great how politically incorrect FC2 is, showing that behaviour hahaha :) I was already looking for an excuse to post the following pic LOL although it's an ArmA2 screenie (you don't see anyone smoke cigs there though), there's no better place but right here right now to put it... made me nearly drop off my bike ;)

[smg id=1013 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's a great photo - can't wait to find enough time to do all the gaming I'd like to!

Art Blade

Reading all this here and the thinking about the fun of FC2 I finally took a few steps in Africa again. Checking my last savegame date, 2009-06-16, surprised me. One month without actively playing FC2?! Of course, I had been quite into ArmA2, then Fuel (finished the career there lately) and well... it was about time, wasn't it. So I reloaded FC2, and instantly felt at home. Happy moments when I met my first Datsun Dummy after all this time, driving his car making sounds like an angry hornet. Of course I had to tease him and then punch his lights out with a blow from my good old 6P9 ;D I realised I was still on an arms dealer mission, so I went after the convoy just to watch how they got tangled with one another in the middle of the road, as if inviting me to lob a handgrenade over, which I did, and finish the show. Good to be back in FC2... I love the mercs and their banter and chats, the DD, the light and sounds of the environment... simply great. :)

PZ

I'll echo that - today was my first day back on any game, and I did the Dogon kiln mission.  On my way to help Frank at the un-named post west of the Outpost, I ran into a ATP who immediately rammed my Uni.  The driver hopped out and drew his flare gun - I was close enough so that I could see the dirt on it.  He fired up, but no one came to his rescue.  This was the first time I have ever been up close to a merc firing a flare gun.  Then, after helping Frank, I started walking toward my Uni when I heard his shotgun blasting away again - another first - the outpost mercs had heard the commotion and came to investigate.

I'm still trying to start a merc war between those two outposts.

It's great to be back in Africa...

PZ

I has one of the funniest times this morning - was traveling toward the eastern cell tower in Bowa when an ATP began chase (I heard their engine behind me).  I quickly mounted the .50 on the Uni, swiveled quickly and shot blindly.  Luck was with me because the short burst had taken out both driver and gunner simultaneously.  Their truck was still racing toward me, careening off to the side to reveal their dead bodies lying in the road, only inches apart from one another.  Made me kind of sad... perhaps they were brothers...  ;) ;D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on July 16, 2009, 07:28:45 AM
... perhaps they were brothers...  ;) ;D

... and as siamese brothers they died  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

perhaps that's what they call "brothers in arms" - brought down by your arms, dying in the road in each other's arms  ;D

Ricamundo

Im roughly 50% thru my 6th playthru, and still loving it as much as ever, but i've had bad luck lately with a couple of vehicle rollovers.

I had started the 2 nd map, and had hopped in the Uni parked on the road by the lake near the nearest safehouse to Mike's, when who did i literally run into but the most persistant of the datsun dummies, who rammed into my Uni and I was the one who flipped over! Argh.

Later on I was lucky enough to find a GL gun truck, and on my way to a gun shop, rounded a left turn a little to sharply, and rolled it. I tried to set it upright using the Gun Guy's blue jeep, but no luck. Later on i was driving cross country at night, when i drove part way into a small pond. The damned truck didn't have the power to back up, so i had to re load my last save and drive more carefully. >:( ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

You can turn vehicles back over by walking up to the side of them, and you should get the hand icon, hit use and the vehicle will start rocking, keep hitting use until it flips back over. I do it all the time, I'm constantly doing rollovers. Unless the thing is damaged or stuck under a tree or rock, you should be able to flip it back over. Your merc guy is very strong, if he can lift a heavy truck by himself.  :-*
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Hacko

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 17, 2009, 09:57:38 AM
You can turn vehicles back over by walking up to the side of them, and you should get the hand icon, hit use and the vehicle will start rocking, keep hitting use until it flips back over. I do it all the time, I'm constantly doing rollovers. Unless the thing is damaged or stuck under a tree or rock, you should be able to flip it back over. Your merc guy is very strong, if he can lift a heavy truck by himself.  :-*

Wow, great tip, never knew that. :-X :-X

PZ

You can do the same with boats as well - when they are beached a bit too high.  This points out an interesting fact - the things that many of us do routinely in the game, and take for granted might not be known to other gamers.  It might not be a bad idea to repeat some of these techniques from time to time.  For instance, I recall someone quite a while ago not being aware that you can look behind you when driving by holding down the right joystick button on the consoles, or both mouse buttons on the PC.

Ricamundo

Yes i knew about the hand icon to upright vehicles, but although it works well to push boats back into the water, i cannot get vehicles to go upright no matter how many times i've tried. in fact all i get when i try rocking them is the sound of me getting injured, if you know what i mean.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

try to walk to the opposite side of where you want to push it towards, and don't get too close. just so the hand appears. then hit the key you use for it often and fast like hammering it. Usually that should make a vehicle start to bounce and rock and finally flip over or jump away :) Don't get under it ;) You may walk towards the vehicle while hammering the use key, so the vehicle will move forward in small jumps. Oh, the hand symbol is like a crosshair where your pushs and blows will land, you can aim at where exactly you want to push

PZ

Yeah, I experience the same as Art - never have problems getting the vehicle back on it's wheels, even the huge unimog.  The technique is probably the key, although I always experience the "injured sound" like you do Ricamundo, even when I'm successful at righting the vehicle.

RedRaven

out and about Testing my skills with Assault Rifles (errm sort of ::) ) on my way to Get me some Gold Bars after passing Prince The King`s ring (looks like its from a Kinderegg to me!)
  As i get to bottom of the hill all the Mercs are still corpses where i left them half hour before, rumaging round seeing what i can loot and i get shot at, was next to the MG position that faces Med station so got behind it and started scanning round for more enemies and see him creeping out of med station, easy! then another head stuck itself out of the door. that one went down too, then another , then another!!!!! 
4 of em in total, 3 STUPID enough to follow 1st one after had put about 50 or so rounds in his gut.

it must be a new breed they got out here,
Sheep in Mercs clothing.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 24, 2009, 03:50:12 AM
(looks like its from a Kinderegg to me!)
and
Sheep in Mercs clothing.

made me chuckle... a great start for a friday, thanks  :-X  ;D ;D ;D ;D

RedRaven

figured would make a change to ranting, but lord knows how anyone uses assault rifles to any effect !!! only got a 10% accuracy score after few hours and getting shot way too much cos got to get closer, sort of thought would of been better than that as can maintain 90%+ with sniper rifles and pistols as a side arm!
  Tho have just spent nearly half hour triming trees with truck mounted PKM, then burning it all ;D ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

hahaha, great posts dke!  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on July 24, 2009, 05:55:17 AM
(looks like its from a Kinderegg to me!)
and
Sheep in Mercs clothing.

made me chuckle... a great start for a friday, thanks  :-X  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ditto  ;D ;D ;D

mandru

For another thread here in the forums I'm trying to gather Information to build a profile on back story for Xianyong Bai from the other buddies' perspectives which requires me to either:

1a. kill Xianyong after every mission and try to position different new best buddies to step in and take his place by starting a new mission to extract their comments on Xianyong's passing

1b. kill Xianyong and myself to trigger buddy rescue after every mission and try to position different new best buddies to step in and take his place by starting a new mission to extract their comments as well as setting up a 2nd BB to screen for additional comments on Xianyong's passing

2. kill Xianyong and then myself after every mission to trigger a buddy rescue and then go to a safe house to reactivate the same 2nd BB on active duty to get their comments about Xianyong.

Trying to set up every possible combination is a larger project than I thought when I started it.  :P

Last night I had Nasreen as my 2nd BB and had just completed the Polytech run and under the variants 1a, 1b and 2 above She gave me nothing but trouble.   >:(

When I whack myself I use the grenade launcher on a vehicle while standing on the hood as it's quick and only requires 1 shot but last night I could not keep Nasreen away from the burning wreckage after she showed up to rescue me!

She'd drag me off a ways instruct me to heal myself then run straight back over against the burning vehicle and start screaming "AHHHHHHHH!, AHHHHHHHH!, AHHHHHHHH!" until I'd go over and push her away from the fire.

She had the whole freaking airport to run around in and no matter where, over several attempts, I relocated the blowing up of the vehicle I was using to summon her, she insisted on dashing back over and screaming until I either crowded her away from the fire or she fell injured and set off the blue smoke.   :D

Even after I got her moved away from the flames if I took to long getting out of there to the next step of the process I was trying to accomplish she was right back in it and screaming again and once she even managed to kill herself after I was out of earshot so that when I picked up the next mission she was no longer in the line up and I had to go back to my save point and start over again.   :'(

At this point Art Blade can have Nasreen!

I'll get over it but I think I currently prefer the intelligence of a water buffalo.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Too bad I can't get a decent extraction of the sound files, it would then be a matter of just playing them all and hearing what they have to say about each other.

Interesting project, though, and requires more patience than I have, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳