Game rating: FarCry 2

Started by stdliege01, August 25, 2010, 02:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stdliege01

[admin]Having thought about this game rating and after having discussed it (with the staff of OWG) I decided to make a statement: We like to know a member's opinion about a game and we like to discuss it, with all fairness and respect. A game rating like this however -- ignoring the fact that this is an English speaking community (the comment is in French) -- being the first (and only) "post" of a new member and obviously rating this game worst possible without any explanation (let alone a reasonable one), and failing to return to reply to our comments, we can only assume that this rating is a childish act of frustration and as such simply useless. I even consider this rating spam. I am very tempted to delete it but I will let it stay so it can at least serve as an example of what we don't  appreciate. And it gives me the opportunity to make this statement. Of course you guys are allowed to rate a game worst possible, but please explain why, else such a rating will be considered spam and I will remove it. The idea behind a board like this is to read about a member's opinion and hopefully start a nice, friendly and fair discussion. That's how we do things here. I will leave a copy of this admin comment both in the rating (so everybody will see it at once) and in a post so it can't be edited out of the topic.[/admin]

Game title
FarCry 2

Category            Rating            Category Details
Story line1this category includes anything related to the story in the game plays out
Graphics1how the game looks as well as technical issues like animation quality, texture design, and framerate.
Sound1this is where we rate the quality of the audio effects and voice acting as well as the music in the game.
Game play1 In a nutshell, how fun and satisfying the game is to play. Usually considered the most important part of any title, this category encompasses the controls, design, and overall feel of the experience.
Replay value1this rates how much time you're likely to spend with the game before you get tired of it. This rating also reflects the depth of replay and options such as multiplayer and mini-games that keep you going after you finish the single-player game.

Final thoughts
Ce jeu est très bien

Art Blade

Hello stdliege01, welcome to OWG :)

Thanks for rating FC2, and it puts a smile on my face: "Ce jeu est très bien" (That game is very good) so for you "1" = super? For me a "10" = super.. but I agree, the game is  very good  :)

That's why I'm smiling, we just had a discussion about how our perception of the rating system works. Apparently we need to clarify how to create a consistent rating so everybody has the same understanding, like we need to agree what is good (1 or 10), what is average (5?) and what is bad (10 or 1).

We really need to clarify this  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our new Belgium friend stdliege01 is being sarcastic!!  ????

Am I wrong, Cedric?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hehe, that's something I hadn't considered. Well, in his avatar data it reads "currently playing FarCruel01"  ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Administrator Comment

Having thought about this game rating and after having discussed it (with the staff of OWG) I decided to make a statement:

We like to know a member's opinion about a game and we like to discuss it, with all fairness and respect. A game rating like this however -- ignoring the fact that this is an English speaking community (the comment is in French) -- being the first (and only) "post" of a new member and obviously rating this game worst possible without any explanation (let alone a reasonable one), and failing to return to reply to our comments, we can only assume that this rating is a childish act of frustration and as such simply useless. I even consider this rating spam. I am very tempted to delete it but I will let it stay so it can at least serve as an example of what we don't  appreciate. And it gives me the opportunity to make this statement.

Of course you guys are allowed to rate a game worst possible, but please explain why, else such a rating will be considered spam and I will remove it. The idea behind a board like this is to read about a member's opinion and hopefully start a nice, friendly and fair discussion. That's how we do things here.

I will leave a copy of this admin comment both in the rating (so everybody will see it at once) and in a post so it can't be edited out of the topic.

Tags:
🡱 🡳