Found my first pearlescent weapon!!!

Started by mmosu, July 10, 2010, 03:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

These things are super rare! (some I've read estimate the rarity at 66 times more rare than orange class weapons, which were the rarest weapons prior to the introduction of the 3rd DLC)

Mine is a Torgue Undertaker, a huge rocket launcher with a scope:
3000+ base damage, 4x weapon zoom, 4x incindiary elemental effect, 14 round magazine!

This thing is a beast!  It fires pretty quickly, so you can rip off long strings of rockets that burst into huge fireballs on impact with a high level of accuracy.  They actually look like little mushroom clouds when they explode  :-* :-X  Every source I can find tells me it is a modded weapon (one that was created artificially by someone on their PC - more specifically, one that was created artificially because the game couldn't have randomly generated it, and therefore illegit to Borderlands purists) but even so it's still a hoot to send 14 rockets down-range into a crowd of enemies  ;D

Art Blade

congrats on your new "purchase" mate :)

Actually, I was considering to buy that game when I visited the UK and Spain this summer (last couple of weeks, actually) and I was a little disappointed to learn that no bloody game shop had got it any more. I only found add-on DVDs that required the "old" original game. Well, some day, some day :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

That's too bad - over here in the states I believe a new version was just released that includes the main game and first two DLC's in one package.  I have no idea if it's avail over in your neck of the woods though.  Might be worth the price of admission cause Gearbox has promised to produce even more DLC for Borderlands, eventually making it one of the most supported games of all time and a bit of a prototype for future software marketing strategies too. 
The press release is here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073970p1.html

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳