Fencing weapons for extra exp

Started by mmosu, December 31, 2009, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

So yesterday I leveled up while selling weapons at one of the vending machines  :o
Apparently selling a gun gives a small exp bonus every time you do it, but I would have never noticed it had I not been on the verge of goin up a level at that exact moment.  Don't know if this was common knowledge to everyone else, but it sure was news to me!

deadman1

I know that there´s an achieivment for buying and selling guns but this was news to me too.

RedRaven

Always nice to know you can get XP from odd little things like that. Just need the baddies to drop more guns now ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Now need to figure out if the amount of exp is the same for each gun, or if it is dependant on the value/rarity of the gun, or some other parameter . . .

RedRaven

Just got back to first village with 8 guns of various types to sell, sold each one separately and checked my experience did not go up. Maybe its just a console feature ? Oh well, just have to kill more skags and bandits.
Also have recently come across midget shotgunners, its funny watching them try to shoot at me and ending up flat on their arse from the recoil. hahahaha ;D
Having said all that I just levelled up with Lilith but purchasing ammo and med kits. Weird
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

That´s the achievments I mentioned before, if you check in your status screen you should see an icon that looks like a set of medals. If you click it you will get a list af all the avialible achievments along with you those you have completed. You will typically gett somwhere between 2000 and 5000 XP for each one so that´s probably why you levelled up.

RedRaven

Never noticed the medals !
note to self - Pay Attention!

mmosu

I'd seen the medals before, and I got the one entitled "fence" long ago (you get it for selling weapons).  So I don't think it was an acheivment that leveled me up - I don't know what's going on  ::)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Thanks Art  :-[

Here's a thought - maybe it's an integer thing?
Maybe an exp bonus is triggered by every 5th weapon sold, or even 50th or 100th.  It's hard to say since it seems to happen so infrequently.  I'm just grabbing at straws trying to come up with an explanation for what I saw.  Thoughts anyone?

JRD

Last weekend I was wandering through New Heaven, picking up stuff from mail boxes and rubbish piles to save some cash at the vending machines (I know, I'm a cheapskate  ;D ) when I opened one of those old washing machines and got 5,000 XP... turns out that particular one was the 1,000th lootable object I opened and there's an achievement for that too!!  8)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hahaha, nice one :) of all things, a washing machine  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

At least it wasn't one of the many disgarded toilets lying all over the place   ???

JRD

Quote from: mmosu on September 07, 2010, 06:26:01 PM
At least it wasn't one of the many disgarded toilets lying all over the place   ???

And you wonder how on Earth did that sniper rifle rounds get there   ????

It made me think how much of a scavenger I am... I must be two thirds through the game, doing missions for some 6,000 XP and 10,000 cash, finding loot as good as 15,000 cash laying around and yet I stop to search every slimy toilets I find for mere 11 dollars or a few more rounds  :-[ ::) :-D

But hey... BL is all about the search, right?!  ;)

mmosu

Indeed it is.  It'll get a lot less satisfying though when you reach that $9,999,999 mark and can no longer see your wallet getting fatter.  And about the rifle bullets in the toilet - that's what happens when you shoot to wound  ;D

JRD

Yesterday I came back to Dahl Headlands after the tresure chest given by the dieing bandit in Old Heaven and as I boosted up my vehicle, I was launched on one of those bumps of the terrain. To my surprise I got some 1000 exp points just for that!

Apparently, there's anachievement for everything in BL and you will always be rewarded with some exp points no matter what you do  8)

Art Blade

Does "getting killed and dying a lot" also add EXP points?  >:D

mmosu

You probably got the exp for your hang-time, there are several challenges that award you for catching big air   :-D

And @ Art:  Only in an online game  ;D ;D

Art Blade

mmosu

Tags:
🡱 🡳