Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis - Game of the year edition

Started by JRD, June 16, 2010, 01:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

So since I`m quite out of good shooters to play (apart from HMBM and STALKER, which are open world, but not really) I decided to go back almost a decade in my gaming experiences and just ordered OFP CWC - Game of the Year edition.

It is sure a great game, one that has been discussed here many times and one that will sure play well on my laptop!  ;)

GOTY edition has three campaigns - the original and the expansions - loads of addons and all latest patches. I also found out that there are a few mods (thousands, actually, but a few worth mentioning) that will replace the maps for high resolution maps created in 2007 making the game look great!

Besides it features all kinds of weapons and vehicles you can imagine created by the community and the regular campaign missions are not timed, which makes for excellent gameplay different from the annoying-open-world-you-don`t-have-time-to-explore OFP2-DR!

All of that for £7,53 plus shipping  8)

Deliver in 2 business days!!!

Even though I have to admit that between World Cup and Lost I`ll have little time to play, but who cares?  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

JRD

Actually, what made me get the game is the mention of that mod that will make the game look better. I wonder if they can actually replace the models on the original game by more detailed models of trees and grass! If they can, than this is ought to be one of the greatest mods ever simply because it can update an already outstanding game.

The plot is great and is truly open world. I finished the game twice before and on both occasions I had loads of fun. The downside that was preventing me to buy it was the blocky graphics. RedRaven got this game not long before OFP2 came out... not sure if he is aware of that mod and since he seems to be on vacations from OWG, I can`t ask him now!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - have a great time gaming JRD  :-X

Yeah, I hope all is well with Red - he was always a regular in the forum.

Tags:
🡱 🡳