Upcoming movies..

Started by tehsam016, June 04, 2010, 05:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehsam016

Just wondering what movies you guys are looking forward to that are coming out soon/just released.

Personally, since i'm a big sucker for sci fi, i'm looking forward to Predators. The cast looks pretty promising (Adrian Broddy, Danny Trejo, Laurence Fishbourne), and it's being produced by Robert Rodriguez (who recently directed Planet Terror). Despite the last two lackluster installments of the Predator-movies (AVP1/2), i'm interested to see how this one turns out. It comes out July 9th as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCXHwVur05E

JRD

Man... I didn`t even know they were making another Predator movie... cool!  :-X

Unfortunately, I`m very skeptic regarding this movie... and that`s for a simple reason: producers and screenwriters lost their feeling! The first ten years of this new century and millennium the movies were revisiting the last few decades of the last century with rare interesting stuff coming out of this (I`m sticking to the mainstream cinema industry here, not talking about the other side. of cinema that is!)

Endless remakes and sequels on one side and trilogy franchises on the other side... usually so packed with special effects and really shallow stories.

I`m a big comic books fan and I was so disappointed with lots of the super hero movies... my heroes... down the drain with poor performances and stories  :-\

I hope for a great movie, but fear for another mindless summer blockbuster  :(

But thatnks for the heads up, mate!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

tehsam016

Yeah i hear ya. It's hard to look forward to a lot of movies these days as most of them indeed are just sequels or remakes (For example Nightmare on Elm Street), but you really have to look past the titles of most movies these days and more so the directors/cast. There almost isn't any surprises of what a movie will be about today simply because it's been done before, or the trailers show a good portion of the films highlight moments.

Futhermore i don't really expect Predators to really stack up to the original because well, the original was original at the time, but now we have this whole series of movies based on the predators, there's not as much mystery as to who they are since it's been covered (unfortunately) by the cruddy AVP movies, however I expect this new one to be much better, and do the fans of the series more justice. Lastly, you mentioned comic books dont translate well to the big screen, and i agree for the most part. I just think most directors don't really see the necessity of sticking close to the comic books story line simply because everybody except the fans of the comics may not find it that interesting (even though it helps develop the story).

Art Blade

tehsam016, I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that films may be released at different times depending on the country. When a film is released in the US, in Germany it may take another 6 months until we get to see the same film...

Maybe you could update your forum profile and show your location so we have got a reference...  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Damn really? That sucks man :(, i had no idea. I changed my profile too.

Art Blade

just noticed, cheers man :) Yeah, really... for example the Swedish trilogy I'm currently watching is released completely in Sweden while I only a few days ago got part II and I'll have to wait until Q4 for the last part.  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Haha wow that's ridiculous. I bet pirating is really popular over there.  :P

Art Blade

No idea  :) I can wait... I own more than 2,000 legally purchased DVDs  ;D

tehsam016

Nice, that's probably about 1980 more than I own lol.

Art Blade

FYI
I split the topic to be continued with
Collecting DVDs and Comic Books
Thank you.

Tags:
🡱 🡳