PORTAL

Started by deadman1, May 13, 2010, 01:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

P1 is definitely worth playing, Red.  :-X

STEAM has P1 on discount every now and then... I got my copy for free a year or so ago   8)

You should be able to find it pretty easily and cheap...

Damn it... gonna fire P1 right now... miss GLaDOS  >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

On reflection Red, I agree with space and mmosu. Best to play P1 first so you'll be fully on the page with P2.

spaceboy

the first game can be found on Steam for about $10 last I checked, else pickup the Orange Box for the PS3 version.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Thanks for the advice guys, got to wait till get paid till can get it, soon will no doubt be hooked or ticked off.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Just finished another session of Portal... STEAM had it last played in May 31st... almost a year ago  ???

I forgot I haven't finished GLaDOS a the very end of Portal 1...
Spoiler
all I had to do is direct three missiles towards her and discard the balls dropped before the room was full of poisonous gas.
I felt a bit annoyed about that part and never actually finished the game  :-[

Anyway... done... GLaDOS is gone... no more than  a fancy broken toaster  >:D ... moved to advanced puzzles and completed a few of them. Nice thing to be able to do some of those maps again with a few tweaks... got stuck on some as well.

Man... don't know how long I can wait to get P2... 50 quids is quite salty right now  >:((
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

After having played Portal2, which I enjoyed, I decided to play Portal (which wasn't easy to get a retail version of these days, being released 2007). I enjoyed it too :)

I think P2 is more difficult at times so P1 was almost too easy. I never got stuck anywhere and went right through  :-()

[smg id=3296  type=link align=center width=500 caption="Portal 001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice job, Art :-X You're now a well-rounded Portal guy!

Love that cake scene :-()

I've done three 'thrus of P2 now. Even knowing the solutions I still find it fun to go through, as much for the dialogue as for the gameplay itself :-D

JRD, hope to see you in the test chambers soon! If you enjoy playing P1 you're gonna love P2 :)

Art Blade

cheers, fragger :)

And indeed, P2 is a lot nicer in many aspects :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

I agree - P1 was a masterpiece of simplicity, P2 was simply a masterpiece  8)

Art Blade

well said   ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳