Help needed: STEAM games + command line cheats

Started by JRD, April 13, 2010, 03:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

When you want to play with cheat codes on, a general rule is to create a shortcut at your desktop and add a "-devmode" at the end of the target defined in the properties window.

Thing is, when you have STEAM purchased games and want to activate any cheat, you get an extra ".exe" or something else at the end of the target in the parameter window of you desktop icon. Adding a " -devmode" or whatever other code at the end of the line will make it crash.

Does anyone know how to activate cheats on STEAM purchased games?

just edited the subject to avoid confusion with other topics :) /Art
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Good question, but unfortunately I don't have the answer yet.  I'll bet that something is possible however.

JRD

Outstanding GPFontaine  :-X :-X :-X

Thanks a lot mate!!!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

That might come in handy  :-X Thanks, GP  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

FYI
just changed the subject of this topic to avoid confusion with other topics :)
Thank you.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

It looks like that page refers to just steam itself, and not steam games. I would think each game would have different options, if any at all. You may have to use the option in steam for the game itself. Right click the game in your library page, select properties, then in the general tab, hit the set launch options button. You then get a dialog where you can enter the options you want. Like I said, each game probably has different commands to use.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳