Low intensity puzzle games site

Started by mandru, April 29, 2011, 06:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I love computer games but sometimes instead of digging in and playing one of the action intense graphically immersive blockbusters we all enjoy here I just want some quick rounds of an assortment of puzzle games.  A site I've been using for 8+ years to that end is Pogo Dot Com (intentionally not creating a link).  I can play a variant of Mahjong, a few hands of several card games, spin some slots, tackle a few rounds of Boggle or take on a crossword puzzle to name just a few diversions among many many available.

I've never received junk mail generated from them.

I'll warn you  up front that they will encourage you to join for a pay to play membership in the form of omnipresent advertising offers to that end and I guess that could have it's advantages as there are additional games unlocked for members and the fact that members don't have the interruption of 30 second ads between rounds of play but I've pretty much learned to ignore those.

Might be worth a check out for anyone that enjoys occasional light game play and if you come across a player there named Creamcornkiller don't poke at him too much or I might bite you.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thanks for the tip mandru, I'll have look at that site. True, games don't need to be super graphically-intensive or full of gung-ho action to be fun or addictive :-X

Quote from: mandru  on April 29, 2011, 06:44:22 AM
...if you come across a player there named Creamcornkiller don't poke at him too much or I might bite you.   ;)

:-D Duly noted!

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Quote from: JRD on April 29, 2011, 09:16:00 PM
Creamcornkiller??  ????

It's in reference to an old humorous narrative I stumbled across somewhere as a child .

A newly wed couple begin their life together.  The woman who had been telling her now husband all along while dating that she was a wonderful cook on their first dinner together served a casserole of Tater Tots and Cream Corn.

Taken a bit back by the lackluster meal the husband decided that his new wife was just a bit rushed with all the details of their new living arrangements, put on a brave face and praised her for an excellent meal.

Unfortunately for the whole first month every dinner turned out to be one version or another of Tater Tots and Cream Corn and any variation was only the meat element and minor spices used in the dish but each night he praised her efforts trying to make the best of things while hoping that she would come into her stride and begin to show off some of the skills in cooking that she had always claimed to possess.

Finally after a month of Tater Tots and Cream Corn casserole being served every evening he asked her about maybe cooking something else to which she responded angrily "So what?  Every night you've raved about how good dinner was and suddenly you don't like Tater Tots and Cream Corn casserole?"

A dented can of Cream Corn was submitted as evidence against him and he had attempted to plea temporary insanity but the jury of 12 men (all married) reached a not guilty verdict on grounds of self defense.

My wife promised to never serve Tater Tots and Cream Corn casserole after telling her that story on our honeymoon.   >:D
- mandru

deadman1

Art Blade

^+-+ :-X

I know a variant of that story.

"What..! Monday you were excited about <insert whatever dish>, Tuesday you were delighted, Wednesday you praised it, Thursday you loved it, Friday you were happy about it, Saturday you ate all of it, and today, just now, all of a sudden, YOU DON'T LIKE IT ANY MORE?!"

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

JRD

Quote from: mandru  on April 30, 2011, 12:48:50 AM
My wife promised to never serve Tater Tots and Cream Corn casserole after telling her that story on our honeymoon.   >:D

Great story!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳