Mission problem "3 frozen chemicals"

Started by PZ, April 12, 2010, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm on a mission to a chemical plant in which I am to retrieve 3 frozen chemicals and deliver them to a location.  I've managed to collect all three but when I try to fly the helicopter to the drop zone, I keep running out of time - is there a trick to this mission?

Edit: specified subject / Art

spaceboy

forget the chemicals and put beer in the cooler instead hahaha

Sorry PZ, I haven't tried that mission yet.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on April 12, 2010, 02:52:57 PM

LOL you guys  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

As Ricamundo would say:  "beer.... did someone mention beer?"

Thanks anyway space, I was hoping that you'd already solved it.  I was ever so close today, but the drop off zone is in a town and when I land I literally have about 4 seconds to find it - have not been even close yet  ;D

batdog

PZ - I did this mission on the first attempt so I'm not sure I've got any tips.  I even strayed out of the mission area as I was flying down to the town!  The timer did seem to start when I was half way to the destination though.

Although I strayed out of bounds, I think there's a valley that leads all the way down to the town. I flew close to the ground hoping that the snow would keep the chemicals cold, but it may be that there's just a trigger that starts the timer. If hugging the snow doesn't w@&k just fly the most direct route.

Good luck!

PZ

Thanks batdog - I'll try the hugging the ground method.  I've been flying high and direct - perhaps I'm arcing too high.

My timer started at approximately 1.5 km from the destination.

Did you fly the copter into the destination or did you hop out at the last minute?

batdog

Managed to land and drop off the chemicals. There's a large box - I guess it's supposed to be some sort of freezer or something next to a landing platform. I had to press the action button to put it in the box and finish the mission.

Maybe it's possible to freefall to the location but I think your best bet is the ground hugging as it'll save wasting time descending when you get to the town.

PZ

I'll try that - appreciate the advice  ;)  :-X

Art Blade

Here's a vid how to do it; basically get all three components, call the black market dealer, get an aircraft, and fly straight to the delivery point. If you don't stop in between for a coffee, the time should be just about sufficient. No need to try to find extra coolings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhVgiTyJirQ
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good video - I hadn't thought of purchasing a helicopter - I'd always hijacked the helo by the military post.  I wonder if the small jet has enough of a runway using the ice - may be worth a try. :-X

eor123

f@#k the beer. We need women.

;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

spaceboy

Quote from: eor123 on April 24, 2010, 06:57:32 PM

f@#$ the beer. We need women.

;D

lol eor!  but not ones as cold as ice though... Panau is a perfect vacation spot, hot women and cold beer. There are some beautiful beaches there, just watch out for the local police - they're a bit aggressive!

Art Blade

I don't think a driver's licence from Panau is worth anything anywhere else, do you?  ;D

PZ

Thanks for the advice guys - I did the mission this morning, got the chemicals, and then tried to fly that small helicopter down, but was shot out of the sky by SAMs (even though I had cleared them out earlier).  To compound the problem, two attack copters were on me as well.

So, in the re-try, I purchased that tiny jet and had it delivered to the ice by the chemical factory.  Took off in the jet and they never had a chance to shoot at me!  In fact, the ride down to the town where I needed to deliver the chemicals was so fast, the warming indicator barely got started.  What an easy way to accomplish the mission.  The next time I'm in a pickle like this I'm going to think of other transportation opportunities  ;)

Art Blade

Art Blade

here is another example of that chemical heist mission, on a PC and hardcore. Almost nerve-wracking.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQ7V60OY14

PZ

Watching that one is almost like reliving the experiences I had.  I had first tried to sling shot to the edge of the area, then hijack the helicopter, but never quite made it to the drop off area.  Interestingly, the timer doesn't appear to start until you're half way to town because he spent way more time up top than I ever did, yet the timer started at what appeared to be the same position.

spaceboy

I did this one last night, no real problem.  It was close to melting, but I did it first try.  I think the thing i made sure of (from reading here) was to just book it as fast as possible once you have the heli.  But I also goofed around not sure where the heli was Bolo was talking about so yeah I think the timer starts at the same place no matter what which is nice.  I was close to dying a couple times retrieving the samples, but the flight was pretty easy.

PZ

Good job, space!  There is a small fast copter on a platform about half way up the height of the chemical factory on the side that faces the destination.

Tags:
🡱 🡳